• Al Shabab and their cause

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Neither; they're both bad for Somalia

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Either will do the job just fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigAk

I have a very intelligent friend who's from Somalia. He seems to be in support of Shaikh Sherif and against Al-Shabab. During our dialog, I mentioned my skepticism against the somali government since it's a western backed government. I am still trying to understand Al-Shabab's cause. My friend claimed any group that uses sucide bombers go against the principle of Islam; to which I could have no argument against. Nothing justifies these sinful acts in Islam. Therefore, I see how Al-shabab are losing credibility from this angle.

My question is: Who should we support Al Sahab or the current government lead by Shaikh Sherif??

What do you guys think?

BigAk

:salam2:

The purpose of this thread is for me to understand both sides of the coin. I admit that I know very little about the situation. Therefore, I am turning to those knowledgeable brothers/sisters to enlighten me so I can take a stance based on intelligent reasoning.

I appreciate all the help.

Idris16

i would say no group will do any good for Somalia...
But sharif have changed..

sharif in 2006
siding with ethiopia considered as traitor
No Al Qaa'ida in Somalia
Jihad valid in Somalia
According to BBC he said dancing and music was haraam but Allah knows best(bbc lies)

sharif in 2009
working with ethiopia no problem
there's Al Qaa'ida in Somalia
Jihad not valid in Somalia
He said we dont want a sharia saying music and TV are haraam. and he said we dont want the kind of sharia shabab use.
he even told the Ulema to stay out of politics because the ulema said the djibouti peace agreement was wrong.

But no one will ever help Somalia.

Umm_Laith

i think both are not any good 2 somalia because they both havent learned from thyre mistakes...there is one fink somalis dont lyk in their country....FOREIGN TROOPS!. the reason the previous goverment was disliked was bwcause of the foreign troops into somalia.

BigAk

I am very disappointed with the turn out of this thread.. No one came forward to shed some light on the issue, and I have learned nothing.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Could NOT ignore your thread, so hear me out:)

:salam2: Brother:D
BismiAllah ar-rahman Ar-raheem

Let me first start by saying I am NOT a fan of POLITICS! whether in Somalia or anyother place! Now, with that said, I hope to give you my point of view on THIS:) inshaAllah...
I voted on "neither, both are bad for the Somalia" reason behind, BECAUSE NONE is ACTUALLY following Shari'ah. YES, AL-Shabaab claim to be for Shari'ah but we know the killlings they have committed! YET, using the Qur'an as if it's said in there!:astag: I think Al-shabab ARE disgrace NOT just to Somalia BUT to ISLAM as well! I find them DISGUSTING!:astag: I might seem angry to you with this words, and I guess I am a BIT angry! because of what I hear everyday, some people claiming to be "ISLAMIC" yet doing UNISLAMIC things!:astag: recently, I have read something about a RAPED girl been STONED to death! why, because they said she committed "ZINA" yea! DISGUSTING!!!! "tut,tut" how can they claim that!? HOW? it's shamefull for all of the Ummah! because they carry the name of "ISLAM"! Shariff is no better! I see him as a treator, was he not calling the FORMER government "Kufar lovers" was he not against the FORMER government when it brought the Eithopians to Somalia? was he NOT calling out for the so called "jihad":astag: that killed THOUSANDS! I mean where is the mercy of this people!!! when are they ever gonna learn from their MISTAKES! I see all of them as "POWER HUNGRY!" they care NOTHING about except their "POWER"! how can ANYONE ever support SUCH ignorant PEOPLE! (no offense to you or anyone else here). But, it's FOOLISH of all of them to claim POWER! when they KILL inocent people NIGHT and DAY! and please, dont even get me thinking about Al-shabaab and their so called "mission to put sharia'ah in Somalia" I would tell them to EDUCATE themselves FIRST! NONE of them is EDUCATED enough! I am thinking of thise VIDEO, DISGUSTING! and I didn't watch the WHOLE thing but they were SLAUGHTERING a man, YES a HUMAN BEING LIKE A PIG! calling him "KUFAAR" when they see that HE IS ACTUALLY SOMALI! living in SOMALIA! and the WORST part, they READ Qur'an OVER him! DISGUSTING! may Allah help those who are been OPPRESSED by these MEN! I have said so many things, iam gonna stop now! because as I type I am getting ANGRIER! :astag:
:tti_sister: YA, Allah help your slaves! bring peace, and change our condition!ameen
*please JUST keep them(somali CIVILIANS) in your duas* no need to supprt ANY GROUP! they are all IGNORANT!
PS> sorry if I wrote tooo much! and do forgive me if I wronged you with my writing!:shymuslima1:
:wasalam: and Allah hafiz now and always:D

Almeftah

Islam compels us to always follow our rulers even if they fail to rule.. and to be patient for they may become unjust, and it is our duty to advise them to be firm in faith and apply justice equally between people.

And every group who decides to leave the unity of a Muslim country or nation is considered of dissenters and Traitors to islam.

Idris16

:salam2: Brother:D
BismiAllah ar-rahman Ar-raheem
some people claiming to be "ISLAMIC" yet doing UNISLAMIC things!:astag: recently, I have read something about a RAPED girl been STONED to death! why, because they said she committed "ZINA" yea! DISGUSTING!!!! "tut,tut" how can they claim that!? HOW? it's shamefull for all of the Ummah! because they carry the name of "ISLAM"!
:salam2:
That's so messed up... I have heard she was 13,14,21 and even 22 years old. I heard she was married and had 3 kids and was accused of adultery. Al Shabaab claims she was 21 years old if i remember exactly and that she was married but havent heard that she had kids. ONLY ONE PERSON said she was 13 and then the whole world believed that.. but then i watched a Swedish documentary, a biased documentary. the dad said she was raped by Al Qaa'ida:eek::rolleyes: it's biased because the documentary never phoned officials of the shabab so they could comment about what really happened. it's always alqaeda wherever you hear about kidnappings, killings and so on. Now remember what happened to the germans in Yemen, it was claimed they were kidnapped and killed by shi'ahs but now people say it's alqaeda *roll eyes* This is what Al Shabaab said:

For example, we can take the issue of the stoning of the woman in Kismayo. The disbelievers have falsely reported that she was 13 years old, unmarried, and was raped. The reality and truth is that she was over 20 years old, married, and was practicing adultery. This is just one example of how they twist the news, so we would like to take this opportunity to advise our brothers not to believe any news reported about us except from our official Media Department

and please, dont even get me thinking about Al-shabaab and their so called "mission to put sharia'ah in Somalia" I would tell them to EDUCATE themselves FIRST! NONE of them is EDUCATED enough! I am thinking of thise VIDEO, DISGUSTING! and I didn't watch the WHOLE thing but they were SLAUGHTERING a man, YES a HUMAN BEING LIKE A PIG! calling him "KUFAAR" when they see that HE IS ACTUALLY SOMALI! living in SOMALIA! and the WORST part, they READ Qur'an OVER him! DISGUSTING!
Read about what islam says about apostasy
Sister he was a murtad(apostate).. and a group released the video directly on YT I think, because i remember when i watched the video several months before it was even famous on western/Somali media.
actually he was a kafir so it was not surprising if the men called him a kafir as he already was a kafir. what does slaughtering mean? they beheaded him thats all. Again this is what Al Shabaab's former official spokesman said:

I am surprised by the rumours that are being spread on the internet. A man with a knife is reading Koran and trying to behead another man. The one trying to behead the other man cannot even properly read the Koran. Then they go ahead and say this is what Al-Shabab movement does. We do not do that at all, I am the spokesman for Al-Shabab and I would have the authority to speak for the group.

may Allah help those who are been OPPRESSED by these MEN! I have said so many things, iam gonna stop now! because as I type I am getting ANGRIER! :astag:
:tti_sister: YA, Allah help your slaves! bring peace, and change our condition!ameen
*please JUST keep them(somali CIVILIANS) in your duas* no need to supprt ANY GROUP! they are all IGNORANT!
PS> sorry if I wrote tooo much! and do forgive me if I wronged you with my writing!:shymuslima1:
:wasalam: and Allah hafiz now and always:D
Insh'Allah will make du3a and the ummah as well.

I want to say Al Shabaab wants a pure islamic shari'ah law and the towns they are controlling shows that. Look at Baidoa, Marka, Kismayo and the recently captured town Jowhar.

This is how Al Shabaab took care of a rape incident

Shabab al-Mujahideen lash 4 rapists
For the First Time Since the Fall of the Islamic Courts, the Hisbah Force Implements the Punishment for Illicit Sex on Four Youth in Mogadishu.

All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all that exists, and may peace and blessings be upon our prophet, Muhammad, and upon all his family and companions. To proceed:
Your brothers in the Hisbah Force of the Mujahidoon Youth Movement (Al-Shabab) implemented the ruling of flogging on four unmarried youth found guilty of raping a young Muslim girl in the capital of Mogadishu on Tuesday, 13/3/1430 H (10/3/2009 CE) .
After the Islamic Court of the Islamic Province of Banaadir investigated the forwarded case, the four were found guilty and the court ruled the following:

1)Each will be flogged 100 times
2)Each will pay the according dower to the girl
3)Each will pay the indemnity for the girl losing her virginity
4)Each will be exiled from Mogadishu for a period of one year.

The implementation of the Hudood was witnessed by a large number of people, reporters, and officials of the Shabab Movement.
In the forefront was the governor of the Islamic Province of Banaadir, Sheikh Ali Muhammad Husein, who briefly addressed the gathering, congratulating them with the victory Allah granted the Muslim Somali people. He also reminded them that only yesterday, this place of gathering was near a military base of the Ethiopian Crusaders, while today it is in the hands of the Mujahidoon. He called on the people to stand by the Mujahidoon in their implementation of Islamic law and establishment of peace and security.
Some tribal elders of Mogadishu also addressed the crowd, stressing their public and private support of the Mujahidoon in their efforts in implementing Islamic Law, solving disputes, and judging people with Heavenly Justice.
The Qadi (Judge), Abdul-Haq, then pronounced the ruling, and five of the Hisbah Force implemented the flogging.

And read about rape here http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/72338/rape
and tell me if you saw difference over how alshabab punished the rapists than how islamqa said. And if you want to watch the video over how they handled the rape incident then contact me at the ''Visitor Message''
:wasalam:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Asssalam aleikum waRAhmatullaah,

I have to say that i used to be a fervent supporter of the Shabaab when there was jihaad going on against the Etopians. Now, that they have managed to get them out of here and the Shariif came. The Ulama issued many fatawaas calling the somalian people to follow him and his governement; arguing that it could be the new start Somalia was longing for ect,ect.

Fair point.

Many months passed, and honnestly the Shariif is playing hide and seek. Subhnallaah, may Allaah show him the straight path as well as all of us. I mean, what kind of human being who calls himself muslim could ask his ministers to put their hands up if they want to apply the shari'aah? Do we need putting hands up for the sharriah of Allaah..

BigAk

Asssalam aleikum waRAhmatullaah,

I have to say that i used to be a fervent supporter of the Shabaab when there was jihaad going on against the Etopians. Now, that they have managed to get them out of here and the Shariif came. The Ulama issued many fatawaas calling the somalian people to follow him and his governement; arguing that it could be the new start Somalia was longing for ect,ect.

Fair point.

Many months passed, and honnestly the Shariif is playing hide and seek. Subhnallaah, may Allaah show him the straight path as well as all of us. I mean, what kind of human being who calls himself muslim could ask his ministers to put their hands up if they want to apply the shari'aah? Do we need putting hands up for the sharriah of Allaah..

Not sure what you mean in red... He's asking to put their hands up??? How do you mean??

Why aren't you supporting Al Shabab any longer??

BigAk

Thank you Idris for clarifying the position on the rape issue.. But, I still cannot agree with Al-Shabab's actions with regards to suicide bombing and killing innocent people as a result.

I guess so far I'm seeing that both parties are no good for Somalia. I am very cautious of any government that has an abundance of support from the west (US in particular). US has just sent arms to Somalia's government to fight Al-Shabab.

On the other hand, I am against any group that will implment suicide bombing for their cause.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Yes, brother he asked them to vote whether they should rule with the sharia'aah or not. I find that shocking to be honnest in a country where the whole population is muslim by the Grace of Allaah.

believer4life

soul searching...
asalam aleykum
i would have to say neither because if any of them really cared for somali's then they would stop the blood shed and have a confrence, sit and talk things over..... peacefully... i mean both these groups are muslim and they are destroying lives and the city even more. There was once a time where somalia was beautiful. i hope inshallah it becomes beautiful and peacful soon for the good of the masakin who always have to move because of the fighting