Confused...

AnonyMouse~

Asalamualaykum,

Yesterday I was at a lecture and we were discussing how until everything that is written in ur destiny happens, you won't die. A question came to my mind but I didn't find the appropriate time to ask so maybe one of you could provide me with an answer...

If our destiny is already written, isn't it already written if we will be a good person or a bad person?? And then won't it also be written if one will become Muslim or not...I don't get this..plz help..jazakAllah khair in advance.

Wasalamwrwb

slave_of_Allah

Wa'alikum aslaam.

Our destiny is already written, you are right when you say that. But there is one thing that can change your destiny .... that is du'a. Du'a is very powerful, it is the only thing that can chnage your destiny.

I hope this helped in some way or the other. I pray Allah guides, and protects you always. Aameen.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Asalamualaykum,

Yesterday I was at a lecture and we were discussing how until everything that is written in ur destiny happens, you won't die. A question came to my mind but I didn't find the appropriate time to ask so maybe one of you could provide me with an answer...

If our destiny is already written, isn't it already written if we will be a good person or a bad person?? And then won't it also be written if one will become Muslim or not...I don't get this..plz help..jazakAllah khair in advance.

Wasalamwrwb

:salam2: Sister,

All the destiny is written down but:
1.But what is written is known only to Allah, We don't know what is written.

Also, sometimes people forget that even material things are also written down like How much we will earn etc. But, that doesn't stop us from pursuing Materialistic things.

But, When it comes to Religion we say that why should we care when it is already written down?

So We should strive for Truth and Islaam just as we strive for Dunyaa even more thanm that even though both are written down.

2. Also, dua can change the destiny.

:wasalam:

Sheefa

Good Thought

Aslamu Aaliekum. Ur question is very true, but dear tell me if u r alredy known about ur future then will u do prayer eith the tears. i always prayin Allah SWT to make my life good, to give me what we need & so on, bt if i would already know that i will get this then i wont pray Him with the tears.
So may be Hiding our Written destiny is one of the reasone for prayers, rozas & so many good deeds.

"Oh Allah please forgive me if i wrote anthing wrong & guide me to correct that mistake" :hijabi:

AnonyMouse~

Wa'alikum aslaam.

Our destiny is already written, you are right when you say that. But there is one thing that can change your destiny .... that is du'a. Du'a is very powerful, it is the only thing that can chnage your destiny.

I hope this helped in some way or the other. I pray Allah guides, and protects you always. Aameen.

Yeah I already knew that but is there an answer as to why some people get a not so good destiny written and other do get a good one written??

AnonyMouse~

All the destiny is written down but:
1.But what is written is known only to Allah, We don't know what is written.

Also, sometimes people forget that even material things are also written down like How much we will earn etc. But, that doesn't stop us from pursuing Materialistic things.

But, When it comes to Religion we say that why should we care when it is already written down?

So We should strive for Truth and Islaam just as we strive for Dunyaa even more thanm that even though both are written down.

2. Also, dua can change the destiny.

Ohhh so basically if we strive for something, it CAN be changed??
But like another question is..why would something bad be written in the first place?? As a test maybe??

AnonyMouse~

Aslamu Aaliekum. Ur question is very true, but dear tell me if u r alredy known about ur future then will u do prayer eith the tears. i always prayin Allah SWT to make my life good, to give me what we need & so on, bt if i would already know that i will get this then i wont pray Him with the tears.
So may be Hiding our Written destiny is one of the reasone for prayers, rozas & so many good deeds.
QUOTE]

that's so true...
Idk like deep down and logically I know Islam is true and there's never any contradictions but I always like to get misconceptions cleared cuz it helps me with my iman and theres not always a question going on in the back of my head lol.
JazakAllah khair

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Ohhh so basically if we strive for something, it CAN be changed??
But like another question is..why would something bad be written in the first place?? As a test maybe??

My point is since we don't know what is written, We just do the right thing i.e. Strive for good.

For example when time for Salaah comes:

We try do the right thing. I.e we try to pray.

No one can say that I'm not praying because it is written down. Because he does not know what is written down in the first place.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum Brothers/Sisters,

At first i agree with brother Ayman1.

Just a small thing, yeah u were right our destinies were writen in advance and only Allah knows it. as mention by brothers and sister above Our Prophet (sas) work hard and work the best then also u dont get it then think that its not in ur luck but we have to work and yeah with our hard work and duwas one can chage his detiney also insah Allah. This is to my lil knowledge rest Allah knows the best pls do correct me if I am wrong for the sake of Allah.

Allah hafiz.

AnonyMouse~

My point is since we don't know what is written, We just do the right thing i.e. Strive for good.

For example when time for Salaah comes:

We try do the right thing. I.e we try to pray.

No one can say that I'm not praying because it is written down. Because he does not know what is written down in the first place.

JazakAllah khair to the brother above this post..inshaAllah i'll look it up...but my point was if our destiny is already written to do something bad then why wud it be held against us if thats what was written down FOR us? Sorry this is the last question!

safiya58

:salam2:

life is a test. that´s what we believe. Allah is the Creator and He knows His creation. He is Al-Alim. there is nothing, nothing! which He is not aware of.

A mother knows that her son is a thief. and she knows when she forgets to hide her wallet he will steal it! and if that happens is it the fault of the mother bec she knew he will steal? Is it the fault of Allah Subanallahu Teala when He knows that someone will decide to follow the wrong path...?

Imagine your teacher is not allowing you to take part in the exams at school... bec he knows you and he knows you will fail the exams... would you accept that? If Allah would sent the wrong-doers without testing to jahannam they would say this is not fair, we didn´t had a chance... etc..

hope I could answer your question at least to some extent since this is a very very complicated issue...

JazakAllah khair to the brother above this post..inshaAllah i'll look it up...but my point was if our destiny is already written to do something bad then why wud it be held against us if thats what was written down FOR us? Sorry this is the last question!

remember it is you that chooses to do good or bad. don't worry what is written as we don't have access to that information. Allah knows what a person will ask for too, so increase your asking.

This subject has lengthy writings about this subject by scholars. Surely it would not suite stating their lenghty work on the forum.

like brother ayman mentioned search qadaa qadar predestiny.

lastly be very patient when it comes to something that is not clear. it will be clear to you in time, in sha Allah.

here is some information:

Al-Qadr- [ ^TOP]

mezeren

brother,actually we are making it difficult for ourself while it is easy to understand.The question is do you believe in a Creator who is All Knowing?Muslims do believe in a Creator Who knows the past,the present and the future.That is why He knows what your reactions will be against future events.Remember,there is no such thing as the past or the future for Allah.He created the time and is not bound to it.He can see the beginning and the end of time at the same time.

You do not do things because it has written in your destiny,you use the will that Allah has given you to make your own choices.Allah does not force you to choose one thing over another.That is why you are responsible for your actions.Simply,Allah is All Knowing.That is where,i think, the answer lies to your question.

Take care.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Asalamualaykum,

Wasalamwrwb

well all of us are born Muslim but have beedn deviated to the wrong path by our parents.Allah created this universe and everything for one reason-TO WORSHIP HIM.we don't know what Allah knows -that is the answer give to one of the angle when being questioned about the creation of human.

every child born good but syatan makes us bad so we have our religion to be good

of course everything is according to qadaq and qadar yet why did Allah gave us His religion Islam,chosed a prophet to guide us ,Gave us His words in Quran and created Syatan?

it is to see who really obeys Allah and deserve Jannah.U have quran and hadis to enter jannah and at the same time syatan is there waiting for ur company in hell.

Allah knows every single thing that gonna happen to u BUT u dont know what is going to happen to u.

for example if u knew the answer for Question 1 is A yet u did not circle the answer A,do u think u will get the mark for Question 1.

u know islam is the right religion yet u dont salah,dont Obey Allah,do u think u can enter Jannah?Just by having belief it is not sufficient enough to enter Jannah.u have to act on it and work towards it.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Praise be to Allaah.

Belief in al-qadar (the divine will and decree) is one of the pillars of faith, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, when he answered Jibreel’s question about faith: “(It means) believing in Allaah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers and the Last Day, and to believe in al-qadar (the divine decree) both good and bad.”

What is meant by al-qadar is that Allaah has decreed all things from eternity and knows that they will happen at times that are known to Him, and in specific ways, and that He has written that and willed it, and they happen according to what He has decreed. [al-Qada’ wa’l-Qadar by Dr ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mahmoud, p. 39].

Belief in al-qadar is based on four things:

1 – Knowledge, i.e., that Allaah knows what His creation will do, by virtue of His eternal knowledge.

2 – Writing, i.e., that Allaah has written the destiny of all creatures in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz.

3 – Will, i.e., that what Allaah wills happens and what He does not will does not happen. There is no movement in the heavens or on earth but it happens by His will.

4 – Creation and formation, i.e., that Allaah is the Creator of all things, including the actions of His slaves. They do their actions in a real sense, and He is the Creator of them and of their actions.

Whoever believes in these four believes in al-qadar.

The Qur’aan affirms these things in numerous verses, such as the verses in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

[al-An’aam 6:59]

“No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allaah”

[al-Hadeed 57:22]

“And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Takweer 81:29]

“Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation as written in the Book of Decrees Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz)”

[al-Qamar 54:49]

Muslim (2653) narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah wrote down the decrees of creation fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth.” He said: “And His Throne was upon the water.”

Hence it should be clear to you that the view that al-qadar was invented by al-Jahm ibn Safwaan is a view that has no sound basis. Al-qadar was not created, rather creation comes under the heading of belief in al-qadar. Al-Jahm went to extremes in affirming the divine will and decree, and claimed that people are compelled to do what they do and have no choice. This is a false view.

The belief of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah is that a person has freedom of will, and hence he will be rewarded or punished. But his will is subject to the will of Allaah, and nothing can take place in the universe that is not willed by Allaah.

What some people say, that we have the choice to follow whatever path we want but at the end of this path you will find what Allaah has decreed for you, is a correct view. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful”
[al-Insaan 76:3]

“And shown him the two ways (good and evil)?”

[al-Balad 90:10]

“And say: “The truth is from your Lord.” Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve”

[al-Kahf 18:29]

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, explaining the view of Ahl al-Sunnah with regard to man’s deeds:

People act in a real sense, and Allaah is the Creator of their actions. A person may be a believer or a kaafir, righteous or immoral, he may pray and fast. People have control over their actions, and they have their own will, and Allaah is the Creator of their control and will, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight.

And you cannot will unless (it be) that Allaah wills the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Takweer 81:28-29]

al-Waasitiyyah ma’a Sharh Harraas, p. 65.

Marriage is one of the things that Allaah has decreed. The person whom you will marry is known to Allaah: He knows who he is, when he was born, where and when he will die, how he will be towards you, and other details. All of that is known to Allaah and He has written it in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Book of Decrees), and it will inevitably come to pass as Allaah has decreed.

If Allaah has decreed that you will marry one person, but you choose someone else, then no matter how long it takes, you will marry that person. But your marriage to someone else is also decreed, because there is nothing that is not decreed by Allaah. It may be decreed for a woman to marry So and so the son of So and so, and he comes to propose marriage but she refuses him, and marries someone else, then he (the second man) dies or divorces her, then she accepts the first one. All of that is decreed, and it is decreed for her to marry So and so the son of So and so after initially refusing him and after some experience or trials etc.

It may be decreed for a woman that a righteous man will propose marriage to her, but she will refuse him and he will never come back to her, and she will marry and live with someone else who is more or less righteous, according what Allaah has decreed.

Because man does not know what is decreed for him, what he must do is to adhere to sharee’ah and abide by its commands and prohibitions, and to seek the help of Allaah and pray to Him for guidance (istikhaarah) concerning all his affairs, whilst implementing the means, one of the most important of which is consulting sincere people who have relevant experience.

If a righteous man proposes marriage to a woman, she should pray to Allaah for guidance (istikhaarah) and agree to marry him. If things then go smoothly, this is an indication that what is good for her is to marry him.

In conclusion, man should study the sharee’ah of Allaah and follow the commands of Allaah even if he feels reluctant, and avoid what Allaah has forbidden even if he is attached to it. All goodness is to be found in obeying sharee’ah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Jihaad (holy fighting in Allaah’s Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know”

[al-Baqarah 2:216]

He should not look at al-qadar as an excuse to ignore commands and do forbidden things, rather he should look at it in a way that will make him content with whatever painful experiences happen to him.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

a_stranger

Now in this life we have free will , but The knowldge and will of Allah is so wide and unlimited Allah knows everything and when he say be it be , but we can choose the way that will lead us to Paradise or Hell God forbid. We can`t understand how great and wide is the will and knowldge of Allah ....But we can work within his mercy and guidance and this what a muslem should choose.

a_stranger

We (creatures ) are so small and tiny in this Universe , our will , our life is like an atom compared to the will and Power that is runnig the Universe , There is what is very much greater and wider than our minds can grasp. When we turn to Allah swt with sincerity then we are strong and stable.

sistersalina

Salam,

well according to what I know. There are two type of destiny. One is written and never can be changed and the other is changeable. Destiny which cant be changed is like ur death. Something that Allah has planned for us. We cannot choose when we should die.
The other destiny which can be changed is like for example, your education. For example, you can change your living standard by studying harder. You can have a better life by studying harder. Adding on, is dua. The more u pray and dua for stuff like education things might change with the help of Allah. hence, destiny changes. I hope you understand what I am trying to say and If i am wrong please correct me. Allah knows all that is right and wrong.

Wassalam.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Fire will burn, that is "qadhaa" but you put your finger into the fire and burn your finger, that is "qadar". This is what my ustaz teached me when I first learned about Islam.