Checking ourselves before it's too late...

A'salaamulaykoum everyone,
I really like this forum, mash'Allah. JazakAllah khair to those work hard to keep it running.

I had a huge fight with my Mother last night, astagfurallah. She is Christian and has had a very difficult time with my reversion. She is pretty awful to me, but I know she is my Mom and she was there for me through the years. I feel I owe it to Allah (SWT) to continue trying to build a relationship with her, and I also owe it to her as she IS my Mother.

Since coming to Islam she has gotten really mean and at times vicious....she will throw insults at me and pick apart my entire being. It is very difficult to digest, but I try my best to let the insults roll off my back...everything she is saying isn't true or is distorted, and I have to remind myself of that..even though sometimes my skin isn't as thick as I would like it to be.

Anyways, I got home and was thinking about the fight and all the awful things she was saying to me and about me. As I mentioned, most of what she said wasn't true.....but upon reflection from this argument, I had an idea that I want to try doing and I am curious to know if anyone else out there has done this. :blackhijab:

I was thinking that it would be helpful to keep a journal of things I have said that aren't good or actions that I have done that aren't good. If anyone is going to pick me apart, it should be me. And what better way to try and make positive changes than to acknowledge my shortcomings on a larger scale and try to change them and purify myself before the Last Day comes....before it is too late to purify myself....before I am judged for these shortcomings, words or actions....

So, insha'Allah, it is my intention to start this specific journal....I would love to hear people's feedback.

I already keep a gratitude journal, so this will just be added to the collection. For me, introspection comes best when I lay it all out on the table...and really dive into my actions and thoughts...

Not sure if this is the type of thing normally chatted about on this forum......as a revert, I can tell you that having support from other reverts and other born Muslims is so wonderful. Some of us truly go through difficult times as we try and shed our past and also try and become the person we want to be today.

Wishing you all the best in this life and the next insha'Allah, ameen.

Your sister in Islam

slave_of_Allah

Wa'alikum aslaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu

I hope you are well sis. Keep hanging in there, remember Allah is with you. Masha'Allah it is so good to know you like this forum, i too like this forum a lot.

Masha'Allah I am so happy to hear that you reverted, Allah bless you with jannah tul firdos. Aameen.

Masha'Allah I love you idea about keeping a journal - you should go for it. It is a really good idea.

I love u for the sake of Allah, keep going sis, we are you family, and we are here to support u.

Jannah03

walayki salaam, girl i truly understand....as muslims we must rectify our islam every single day and night these days