• sometimes

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • only if they did something really bad

Votes: 31 42.5%

• Total voters

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MashaAllah this is great. I meant GREAT. Yeah this is how Islamic debate should be. See how beautiful this is! So smooth and to the point.

Okey I have voted in Option Number 4. That means I agree that our children needs this when they do something really bad.

my opinion is to beat ur child when he does big mistakes and need to be beaten up.for example if ur child do not salah after the age of 10 u should beat him as being said by our Prophet PBUH.so there should be a valid reason to beat ur child and my husband said that i should not beat our son.i should leave it to him to do so.so i will listen to my husband and leave it to him to deal with our son.

That's the point. If my child do not do Salah even after explaining him it politely when he is 10, I will beat him making sure that he is not hurt inshaAllah. In Islam, beating is not done to hurt the child, but to make sure he know that what he did was really wrong.

Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "Order your children with salaah at the age of seven and beat them (about it) at the age of ten."
Sunan Abu Daud vol.1

'Ulama says in the Explanation of this Hadith that it means we should beat them (without hurting) if he do not do Salah at the age of 10, after telling them very politely repeatedly.

As per me, I have a lovely mom who hates to beat her son. LOL. Only one day I remember that she came after me taking a dried papaya leaf (guess how strong it will be.....LOL) when I did something bad (I do not remember very well why, but I think that is because I did not attend Quran Class and went to play that day). After running and running, I stopped in full of fear knowing that she is REALLY ANGRY unlike she was before. So I stopped and started crying. She did not hit me and never spoke until we went back home. That's I think when I was at the age of 9.

What I mostly remember is that every time I do something bad, she says, "I will beat you hard on the Beating Day!" Hahaha.......but still that day never came and I am 20 now. Yeah BIG. One year ago, I asked her about that day and all of us were having a really good laugh. At last, she said, "How can I beat you O my son when I love my children?"

So up there concludes my choice from all. :) InshaAllah all of our children will be brought up on the strong Platform of Tawheed.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Safiyah_

NEVER EVER hit your children !!! =O

You can give them a little slap when they misbehave but beating them? NOO !
Children don't understand the diffrence between wrong or bad. They have to find out theirselves. We are just there to help them.

believer4life

soul searching...
:SMILY259::salam2:
i say isolation works best... my brother gets grounded because beating him does nothing really... and i completely disagree with beating it's just too harsh i'm sure there's other solutions

OmAabid

I was beaten regularly in my childhood and still think it was unfair. I watch my grandchildren now--some are beaten and some aren't . The ones that are beaten resent it and have become immune to it and the ones that aren't are kind, gentle, and a look is enough to upset them...