Wanting to Learn.

Loner

im looking to learn more about islam, so i thouhg i would post here and see :D

so anyone willing to help a complete newb

D.Ahmed

Believer
Welcome Loner!

What do you want to know about? I've seen you're other posts that you have messaged but so far there was no questions you asked so sometimes you need to ask questions in order to learn or alternatively browse the forum and you will find lots and lots of information about Islam in every subject my friend.
But welcome anyways :)
PEACE.

amer_awan_1988

These sites are good for fatwas:

www.islamqa.com
www.islamtoday.com

Search for whatever you are interested in

This is a good site for tafsirs of the Quran:
www.qtafsir.com

One book I would recommend to you is "Tawheed" by Dr. Bilal Philips..Try to find that if you can...

However, if you are really interested in learning about Islam, you should strive to seek knowledge.

It was narrated that Qays ibn Katheer said: “A man came from Madeenah to Abu’l-Darda’ in Damascus and he said, ‘What brought you here, my brother?’ He said, ‘A hadeeth which I have heard that you narrate from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ He said, ‘Have you come for any other reason?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Have you come for trade?’ He said, ‘No. I have only come to seek this hadeeth.’ He said, ‘I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, “Whoever follows a path to seek knowledge, Allaah will make easy for him the path to Paradise. The angels beat their wings in approval of the seeker of knowledge, and those who are in the heavens and on earth pray for forgiveness for the scholar, even the fish in the water. The superiority of the scholar over the worshipper is like the superiority of the moon over all other heavenly bodies. The scholars are the heirs of the Prophets, for the Prophets did not leave behind dinars or dirhams, rather they left behind knowledge, so whoever gains knowledge has gained great good fortune.’” (narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2606; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani).

If you really want to learn about Islam, develop a keen interest towards the religion and have faith in Allah subhanaawaatalah. You should take advantage of this opportunity and use your time efficiently because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two blessings which many people do not make the most of and thus lose out: good health and free time.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6412. Right now you are given free time, so do take advantage of it because you never know when death will approach anyone. Research from trustworthy resources and if you do not know if they are trustworthy or not, then ask someone such as your local masjid's sheikh or someone on this website. Don't lose hope and I pray that Allah subhanaawataalah gives you enough knowledge to develop more love towards this beautiful religion inshAllah.

Loner

im not a one to ask questions, im mainly ill listen to information then ask questions about the information

happy_now

I would strongly caution you to be very careful of tryiing to do this alone. I tried and was SO VERY CONFUSED (and still am) about so much of the conflicting information I found online. Some of the people really sound like they know what they're talking about too.... Just be careful.

Check with your local mosque or find a local muslim that can help and guide you.

D.Ahmed

Believer
well in that case come to this forum on a regular basis and I'm sure you will learn alot of information and possibly break down any misinformation you may have heard about Islam.

a_stranger

You are most welcome :SMILY206:, The most imoprtant issue in islam is that it teaches people to believe in their creator :Quran is a book that was revealed by our creator to his prophet to lighten hearts with sincere faith in the one mercifull creator of all.

3:190 Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the succession of night and day, there are indeed messages for all who are endowed with insight,

Translation of the meanings of Quran

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
yeah, i have been around, i just dont post, as im a loner

Hello brother! :)

A loner....? Who you kidding man im sure there are lots of brothers willing to make friendship with you! :confused:

Be sure to read up infromation and ask if ur feeling unsure about anything.
If you dont ask anything then we cant really help you brother :) So ask away! InshaAllah

our brothers are sister will be more than happy to help you out :D

Wassalaam

nita madjid

im not a one to ask questions, im mainly ill listen to information then ask questions about the information

hear's an idea, read and re-read and re-read the translation of Quran (I assume that you master Arabic as much as I do, and that is little:redface:). There are many informations that InsyaAllah "might" motivate you to ask for deeper elaboration. After all Quran is the source of Islamic teaching.