Who are Ismaili (Aga Khani) ?

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
Who are Ismaili (Aga Khani) ?

Islamili (Aga Khani) and their difference of belief from Muslims.

1. The Ismailis (followers of the Aga Khan) all professedly believe that the Qur'an was time bound and was not meant to be a Universal message for all times. They believe that their spiritual leader, Karim Aga Khan, is the "walking - talking Qur'an" and his "religious pronouncements", whatever they may be, are the "guidance" for the present times. The fundamental article of faith that there will not be any NEW revelations or "wahy" after the Qur'an, is being completely violated by the Ismailis.

2. The Aga Khan has officially Declared himself, before his followers, as the "Mazhar of Allah on earth". The word "mazhar" means "copy" or "manifest". Consequently, these Ismailis who call themselves Muslims do "sujood" before him. So even the primary axiomatic principle of Tawheed is being fundamentally and formally violated by them.

3. The Ismailis are not instructed to offer the Islamic Salaah, observe Saum or perform Hajj. They have replaced Salaah with certain shirk-infested Dua'as (thrice a day). They are told that their Hajj is a personal "Glimpse" (Deedaar) of Karim Aga Khan.

4. The Aga Khan and his appointees 'forgive the sins' of the followers on regular basis. Ismailis are misled into believing that they will not be questioned on the Day of Judgment for the sins that are already forgiven in their Jamatkhanas (community centers). Forgiving of sins is the exclusive prerogative and privilege of Allah (swt) alone. Qur'an 3:135.

5. Against this backdrop, most of the poor (spiritually poor) Ismailis who are not introduced to al-Furqan are confused and misguided. Hence, Ismailis are very easy prey to missionary efforts by various Christian groups and Baha'is. I have known a couple of young ex-Ismailis who are today preaching "Pauline Christianity" to Ismailis as evangelical missionaries.

6. Karim Aga Khan's own daughter Zahra having married a practising Christian has opened the gates for young Ismailis girls to follow the footsteps of a family member of their beloved Imam-e-Zaman. The parents of the Ismaili girls who wish to marry outside of Islam have no recourse but to let them go.

7. The Aga Khan has made Halaal for the Ismailis that which Allah has made Haraam for the Muslims. Taking of interest (usury) is not forbidden by the religious instruction classes run by the "Tariqaah" board of the Ismailis. As a matter of fact, the much publicized "Venture Capital" program (details on the website of FORBES Magazine - search under "Aga Khan"), of loaning funds on interest by the AKFED (Aga Khan Fund & Economic Development), has been a great success. Similar entrepreneurial projects are now being actively promoted and introduced to poor Muslims of Tajikistan and neighboring areas.

8. The Muslim Ummaah and the various Muslim leaders are not fully aware of these Un-Islamic acts and beliefs of this community of less than two million members, who claim to be the Ismaili Muslims. Surprisingly, their leader Aga Khan claims himself to be a spiritual leader of 15 million Muslims and a Direct Descendant of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam).

9. Earlier, one did not have authentic books on Ismailism, but it is not so anymore. There are two authentic books as well as one comprehensive web site exposing the inner practices of the Ismailis and the Proclamations (Farmans) of the Aga Khans. Hence, now you have no "hujjah" argument or excuse left before Allah (swt) for not taking up the task of inviting the misguided "Ismaili Muslims" towards the Deen of Allah (swt) and not safeguarding them from committing unpardonable sin of Shirk.

10. The Aga Khan in collaboration with so many Western powers and aid, has set up the world-wide Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) which runs several institutions and service companies both in the profit and not for profit sectors. This network is very actively operating in Pakistan, India, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Bangladesh, and has now started concentrating its efforts in Tajikistan and the neighbouring areas where there is a concentration of Muslims who have not known or openly practised Islam for the decades. By taking up economical, social, educational and rural development efforts through NGOs (Non-Govt. Organizations) within the AKDN, the Ismailis and the Aga Khan have gained wide acceptance amongst these countries and masses.

zinat

Who are the ismailis

Salam sister,

It would help if you could reference where you copied and pasted this article from. And I a my reply to you may not make it to the forum if this one is a similar site, but Allah knows best, so it matters not.

The Ismailis believe that the spiritual message of the Quran is universal and timeless. They are the second largest Shia sect in Islam, who do not subscribe to the literal meaning of the Quran like the Wahabis do, and they interpret the Quran acknowledging the principle of guidance according to times, rooted in the Quran , which was revealed over a span of 23 years. For example the guidance in times of war in the Quran is quite different than in the times of peace. We are told that Allah created us from a single soul, and from it created male and female, and a multitude of nations. What a powerful statement for the oneness of humanity, no matter what faith, colour, ethnicity, tribe, nation, we are from. The essential message of the Quran is one of tolerance and pluralism.

The Ismailis beliive that a sura of the Quran can be interpreted in a multitudes of ways, according to one's own understanding so no one muslim can accuse another of being a non-mulsim.

The Ismailis do not believe that the Aga Khan is a walking talking Quran. No authentic Ismailis source will tell you this. Of course if you believe in a hate site you can believe all sorts of crap. They do belive that he is a direct descendent of Ali, the son in law of the Prophet, and the fourth rightly guided Caliph after the Prophet. They believe in the finality of the prophethood. They believe that the Prophet declared Imam Ali as sucessor after him to provide authoritative spiritual guidance at a gathering at Gadir-a -Khum about which 99.999999 % of the Sunnis do not know, because they are not taught about this for obvious reasons. Thus for ismaili Muslims the Aga Khan is an Imam, the authority that the Quran asks us to obey, (Quran: Obey Allah, the Prophet, and those in Authority amongst you), he is not a prophet, and has not come forth with any new revealations.

His religious pronouncements are innterpretations of the Quran that go the spirituals fundamentals, the heart, the principles, the values and ethics in the Quran. Do the ismailis believe he is Allah or his copy, no they do not. Do they belive he is the manifest Imam, the rightful religious authority mentioned in the Quran and a mercy to the world, yes they do.

Due to historical and cultural reasons Ismailism has developed in different regions of the world in different ways, for example Ismaili Muslims ruled Egypt for over two centuries in mediveal times ( Research the Fatimid Empire) and offered namaz/salah, but after the fall of the empire, they were persecuted, dispersed in various countries, went underground, and got cut off from each other, and some communities adopted different ways of praying. But now the community has come together in modern times and from July 11, 2009 a standard form of mamaz everywhere is slated to be instituted.

No one has ever been told that a personal glipse of the Aga Khan is a hajj. In current times relations with Saudi arabia have improved and Ismailis Muslims are undertaking hajj in increasing numbers. Ismailis do ask for forgiveness of sins from Allah through their Imam, and are told that on the Day of Judgement they will be judged by their actions.

Ismailis are very clear about their Shia Islam faith, and a few that were not have left it. We have nothing against them, and wish them well. The Quran says that there is no compulsion in religion. On the other hand many others who have gone to learn about Ismailism from authentic sources have adopted the faith. There is no complulsion in marriage either. In Islam, there is freedom to marry the people of the book, however, marriage is a civil contract and remains a matter of personal choice.

There is a difference between interest and usury. I will let you do the reserach on this one. And yes, the microcredit program of AKFED has been a huge success, lifting thousnads of people out of poverty on a long term sustainable basis. All Aga Khan Foundation projects are implemented without regard to religion or origin. It is a non-denominational agency funded by the Aga Khan, and no wonder attracts funds also from national and international sources based on the excellence, quality, innovation and effectiveness of its programs.

If it is true that there are less than 2 miilion Ismailis out of 1,000 million Muslims, ( I will leave you to do the math on what percentage that is) they pose no threat to you or anyone else , why not just let them be. There is no compulsion in religion. To you your religion, to me mine.

The so called one comprehensive website imentioned in the pasted article s a hate sight. From what I understand, it is agianst the rules and principles of this forum to promote hatred. if you do want to sincerely and truly understand Ismaili slam in all its aspects you might want to consider referring to a true authentic website, that is, the website of the Institute of Ismaili Studies. If after pusuing it you still have questions, please feel free to raise questions, and I will answer them to the best of my ability, being no expert.

All the best in your quest for the truth.

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

I have a question for you zinat,

What do you mean by:

1-
Ismailis do ask for forgiveness of sins from Allah through their Imam

2-
They are the second largest Shia sect in Islam, who do not subscribe to the literal meaning of the Quran like the Wahabis do

3-
The Ismailis beliive that a sura of the Quran can be interpreted in a multitudes of ways, according to one's own understanding so no one muslim can accuse another of being a non-mulsim

Walaikoem esalaam warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

ShyHijabi

I met a few Ismailis in med school and can tell you they are misguied. They do not fast in Ramadan, instead they fast one day a month. How can they go against the commands of Rasool? Deny his sunnah? The Ismaili I asked said it wasn't necessary anymore, that it had been abrogated by their imams. I was like, excuse me? Who are they to abrogate the message of the Messenger?

Salem9022

Thanks for the Information saima abdullah, Shaykh Saleh Al -Luhaidaan in Saudi Arabia said about the Agha Khanies "They put on the cloth of Islam. but in reality they are Kuffar."

Agha Khanis or Ishmaelies are follower of Agha Khan who was an Indian man they are noting but a Kaffir Organization and group with their own religion and their own belief and their own Book. They are Like Qadiyanies and Alawies and Druze. So its safe to say that Ishmalies are a Kuffar group and have noting to do with the Muslim Ummah or Islam.

As for this Zinat who posted that he is "safe" within the borders of Shi'aism which was Invented by Abdullah bin Sabaah a Jew from yemen is a hypocrite.

The Fact is that he follows a man like the Qadiyanies who both came from India and suprisngly claimed to be the decendant of Prophet Muhammad and Ali lol. I guess if you want ligitimasy you have to become the decendant of Ali hahaha.

Never mind these people they are considered to be Kuffar by all Muslim Nations. just like their filthy Dajjalic Prophet Agha Khan who is not even allowed in Saudi Arabia, so It suprises me how he can say KSA has good relations with them.

Also zenat dont attach the words Ishmaeli and "muslims" together. your group and your sect will remain a Kaffir organization just like the Qadiyanies. no Need to spread this religion here we are well aware of it.

zinat

who are the ismailis

Salam,

Thank you all for the questions. I was expecting a flood, but just got a trickle :) may be it is early yet.

Before answering specific questions, and I do hope there are some more, which I will eventually answer all together to save time ,as I have other things to do,I respectully wish to give readers an opportunity to pursue the website I suggested at the end of my previous reply. ( The Institute of Ismaili Studies) . I am not allowed to post a link yet, but it is very easy to google it. That will hopefully give readers a general idea about Ismaili Islam. Otherwise my answers will be just in sort of a vacuum. I wii come back next week to see where we are at, and try to respond as best as I can, as i said i am just a lay person.

Thanks once again for your interest. I hope you do reserch the other topics as well suggested in my previous response. You may learn some things you did not know before, so there is all to gain and nothing to lose.

Take care.

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

I don't understand zinat, why waiting for more questions?

My questions are very important. Asking forgiveness through a dead imam??? You do not subscribe to the literal meaning of the Quran????? the Quran can be interpreted in a multitudes of ways, according to one's own understanding???

Take the time to answer my questions first, thank you

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

AlQurtubi

Banned
To summarize it all, AGa khanis are NON-MUSLIM like SHIAS. Both of them belong to same family. Sister saima has alreayd mentioned some points which shud be fair enough to reveal them

zinat

Who are the Ismailis

Imad,

Ismailis have the option to ask forgiveness either directly from Allah, or request their Imam to pray for them to Allah. The Shia Imams are the inheritors of the Prophet's knowledge ('ilm) and authority (amr) and they are the Ulu'l-Amr (possessors of authority) mentioned in 4:59 whose obedience is on par with that of the Prophet.

With regards to the forgiveness of sins, the same Prophet was commanded by God in the Quran to pray for the believers forgiveness and the beleivers were commanded to approach the Messenger when they sought God's forgiveness:

“We sent not a Messenger, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to their souls, come unto you [Muhammad] and asked God’s forgiveness, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.”
- Holy Quran 4:64

On the litereal interpretation of the Quran "like the wahabis", ismailis do not interpret the Quran and Sunnah in the exoteric way, rather we consider the principles and values embodied in a particular sura, and we also consider the context in which it was revealed. "kill the infidels wherever you find them" for example is no for every day use. , verse 5:3 - "This Day I have perfected your Religion..." was the final verse of the Qur'an and was sent down after the Prophet declared Imam 'Ali as his successor at Ghadeer Khum on the 18th day of Dhul Hija 632 CE. Therefore, Islam was only declared perfect after the prophet established the institution of Imamat.

This tradition of Ghadeer Khum has been narrated by at least 110 Companions, 84 tabi'un, 355 ulema, 25historians, 27 traditionalists, 11 exegesists, 18 theologians and 5 philosophers. (Dr. S.H.M. Jafri, Origins
and Early Development of Shi’a Islam, London, 1979, p. 20)

On your question re: possible multiple interpretation of the Quran, Sura Nur syas that Allah speaks in allegories. So there is no one cut and dries interpretation of any ayah. Sunni madhabs also may differ somewhat in interpretation. The salafi interpretation may be quite different than the sufi or shia ismaili. individual ulemmas may differ in their interpretation. the ismalis concentrate on the islamic values and ethics in Quran.

Bukhari ,thanks for the website reference. There are many orthodox and extremist sites that have also copied and pasted without knowing about the original author. Often the original nal article has been amended somewhat to suit posters' interest. The power of the internet! No one actually has furthere researched before posting.

Shyhijabi, there is no abrogation of fasting. Ismailis is muslim countries like Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan have always fasted during Ramadhan. Some from India and Pakistan do not because the way they were originally converted from Hinduism and had to practice underground, and some who interepret fasting in the sense that it is fasting from sin (eyes, ears, and actions) that do ot physically fast, but Ismailis are a diverse community spread in over 30 countries and more and more of of them are fasting during Ramadhan.

Now for the rest of the information it is a pack of lies. These Saudi wahabis and their sheikhs have no idea of what they are talking about. The Aga Khan is Prophet Mohmmed's descendant, he is Arab, not Indian. There is no connection between the Quaddinis and Ismailis. Those who want to follow these sheiks can do so. Those who want do their own research can also do
so. And Allah knows best.

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh