assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear respected brothers and sisters

In Surah Kafiroon, Allah says:

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ
لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ
وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ
وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ
لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ​

Translation: Say, “O disbelievers, I do not worship what you worship. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion.” [Surah Kafiroon]

The mushrikeen (polytheists) of Mecca tried many, many different techniques to get the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) to stop spreading Islam.

Before this ayah was revealed, they decided to make a pact with him. They said, “Look, how about this–you worship our gods for one year, and we’ll worship your God for one year.” And to sweeten the deal: “And, we’ll go first.”

And they applied the Broken Record technique. Whenever the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) would try to speak to them about Islam, they would only repeat this.

And he, salallahu alayhi wa sallam, refused.

Those of you who are wondering why–although it seems on the surface like a fair trade, it’s not. Allah does not forgive shirk, worshipping other than him; not even a single sujood, or a single du’a, none of it is acceptable.

So clearly, this is not a contract the Messenger of Allah could engage with. So he refused.

And he refused.

And he refused.

Then, the Mushrikeen said, “ok, how about this–just speak highly of our gods, and we’ll do the same for you.” A smaller compromise.

And whenever people approached them, they would say, “Well, we’re trying to compromise (like we’re the good ones in this deal–even though we kill our daughters and murder on whims and …), but he’s not agreeing.”

So the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) went to the ka’bah.

kabah-full.jpg

Mushrikeen were there. And in front of everybody he said:

Qul, yaa ayyuhaal-kaafiroon …

Say, O you people who disbelieve. And the root verb of kafiroon is kafara, which means to be ungrateful. It’s not a nice word. It’s an ugly word. They don’t like being called kaafir.

So don’t be shy! the Messenger of Allah did this, in front of everybody! He didn’t pull any punches! We shouldn’t be embarrassed as Muslims–what’s the worst someone will do? Make fun of you? So then, O Muslim, why are you embarrassed to give The Message to those who are showing interest in it?

Allah has commanded each and every human being to stick their forehead to the ground and worship Him alone. Not just the Muslims. Everybody. It’s from the great honour and nobility of the Muslims that we do what we were created to do.

And about what Allah revealed? Here’s what it means:

* Verse 2: I’m not worshipping what you’re worshipping. (Fi’l Mudaari’–present/future tense).
* Verse 3: And you don’t worship what I worship.
* Verse 4: And I will never worship what you worship.
* Verse 5: And you will never worship what I worship.
* Verse 6: To you is your deen, and to me is my deen.

And deen, commonly translated as religion, doesn’t mean religion; it means your entire way of life, everything from how you eat and drink to clothes you wear to interaction with parents, children, schoolmates, everything.

And after this, the mushrikeen gave up their technique; they realized that it’s not going to work.

Wallahu ta’ala ‘alam.

This surah is also called Surah Tawheed, the surah of oneness (of Allah). It’s a very powerful surah.

source: www.ilmfruits.com

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

fada_all

:salah:salam alikum wa rahmatu allah:salah:

jazaka allah every khir brother for sharing with us masha allah:ma::ma::ma: very beneficial explanation

may allah grant you al firdaous al a'aala and all muslims:SMILY209:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma:very beautiful! Adding the Kaa'ba picture was very creative, subhanallah!

Barakallahu Feekum!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salah:salam alikum wa rahmatu allah:salah:

jazaka allah every khir brother for sharing with us masha allah:ma::ma::ma: very beneficial explanation

may allah grant you al firdaous al a'aala and all muslims:SMILY209:

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear respected sister

BaarakiAllahu Feeki.

:salam2:
:ma:very beautiful! Adding the Kaa'ba picture was very creative, subhanallah!

Barakallahu Feekum!

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear respected sister

JazakiAllahu khair for your kind words.

IbnAdam77

aslam alaykum wr wb dear brither

it is very nice thanks for posting

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

BaarakiAllahu Feeki and welcome sister.

Wonderful post, Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran.

Yes, in matters of theology (`Aqeeda), Islam offers NO compromise. Call it fundamentalism, call it strictness, call it whatever you wish; the truth about God can not be compromised nor negotiated.

In all other matters, however, Islam is amazingly flexible and accommodating as long as certain guidelines are observed.

BaarakAllahu Feek brother. Indeed what you said are so true. Sad part is that even some so called Muslims also want to negotiate about 'Aqedah also.

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barackatu :hearts:

Jazaaka Alahu Khayran Katheera :tti_sister:

:ma::ma::ma: What a wonderful article :D

hassana elkoussi

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, brother.

MashaAllah that's a wonderful post. It's very benficial,witty and posted just at the right time. Jazaka Allahu khairan katheeran for your efforts. :ma:

IbnAdam77

Assalam Alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barackatu :hearts:

Jazaaka Alahu Khayran Katheera :tti_sister:

:ma::ma::ma: What a wonderful article :D

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, brother.

MashaAllah that's a wonderful post. It's very benficial,witty and posted just at the right time. Jazaka Allahu khairan katheeran for your efforts. :ma:

Baarakumullahu feekum dear sisters.

runayrus

Yearning Slave
This surah is also called Surah Tawheed, the surah of oneness (of Allah).

Assalamualaikum,

First of all, I think it was a good post. May it be beneficial for all readers here Insha'Allah.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Surah Tawheed Surah Al-Ikhlas and not Surah Al-Kafirun?

Can someone help shed some light?

Wassalam

IbnAdam77

Assalamualaikum,

First of all, I think it was a good post. May it be beneficial for all readers here Insha'Allah.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Surah Tawheed Surah Al-Ikhlas and not Surah Al-Kafirun?

Can someone help shed some light?

Wassalam

Both Surah al-Ikhlas and Surah al-Kaafiroon are Suhahs of Tawheed. Surah al-Ikhlas says about Tawheed (oneness) directly. However, Surah al-Kaafiroon concludes the answer to the calls of Mushriks to do Shirk (here it means to worship their idols) by Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam). :astag:

It is a Surah which strongly rejects the calls for shirk. Opposite of Shirk is Tawheed.

Hope you got the point my sister. :)

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
mashallah..jasakallah brother for sharing such a nice post with us...may allah give all the muslim brothers and sister the highest grade of paradise..ameen

IbnAdam77

mashallah..jasakallah brother for sharing such a nice post with us...may allah give all the muslim brothers and sister the highest grade of paradise..ameen

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Allahumma Ameen and BaarakiAllahu Feeki sister.