problem

rtbour

american muslima
asalaamu alaikum everyone. i am so sad. i committed a really big sin awhile back and i am really starting to feel so bad about it. i dont want to say what it is because i am afraid of what you all will think. i feel like someone is standing on my chest and i cant breathe. i feel sooo scared about it. i am afraid Allah will never forgive me. I didnt kill anyone or anything like that but what i did was so bad. It was so bad. It's one of the worst sins someone can do, that is for sure. Is there any way to be forgiven? I need to be able to be at peace again inside and know that Allah forgives me. When I did this bad thing, I was not in a good place inside. My life was falling apart all around me and I wasnt thinking clearly. Still I feel like thats not a good reason because I still know right from wrong. I feel so bad and so scared. I feel like such a bad person. Can anyone tell me if it's possible for Allah to forgive me for such a horrible thing? I want to put it behind me and give all my heart and soul to Allah. Right now I feel like I cant because of this sin that I did that I am holding inside. I hope someone can give me some advice. I really need it.
May Allah bless you all.

D.Ahmed

Believer
asalaamu alaikum everyone. i am so sad. i committed a really big sin awhile back and i am really starting to feel so bad about it. i dont want to say what it is because i am afraid of what you all will think. i feel like someone is standing on my chest and i cant breathe. i feel sooo scared about it. i am afraid Allah will never forgive me. I didnt kill anyone or anything like that but what i did was so bad. It was so bad. It's one of the worst sins someone can do, that is for sure. Is there any way to be forgiven? I need to be able to be at peace again inside and know that Allah forgives me. When I did this bad thing, I was not in a good place inside. My life was falling apart all around me and I wasnt thinking clearly. Still I feel like thats not a good reason because I still know right from wrong. I feel so bad and so scared. I feel like such a bad person. Can anyone tell me if it's possible for Allah to forgive me for such a horrible thing? I want to put it behind me and give all my heart and soul to Allah. Right now I feel like I cant because of this sin that I did that I am holding inside. I hope someone can give me some advice. I really need it.
May Allah bless you all.

asalaamu alaikum.

You do not have to tell anyone here what your sins are brother we are not here to judge even if you say you committed a major sin, All sins are forgiven by Allah swt expect shirk (associating partners with Allah)

Allah says:

[53] Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh: verily, Allâh forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Surat Az Zumar

And also Hadith;

On the authority of Anas (radiAllaahu anhu) who said : I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say :
Allaah the Almighty has said : O Son of Aadam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Aadam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Aadam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [too].
It was related by at-Tirmidhee, who said that it was a Hasan hadeeth.

you just need to repent and return to Allah with a sincere heart and don`t worry Allah is the Most Compassionate the Most Mercifull return to him and ask him for his forgiveness and you will never ever be disappointed just trust Allah...

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Allah, the Exalted, will continue to stretch out His Hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and continue to stretch His Hand in the daytime so that the sinners of the night may repent, until the sun rises from the west".
[Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who repents before the sun rises from the west, Allah will forgive him".
[Muslim].

I hope you find peace in your heart.
:wasalam:

Mujahideena

Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa RahmatuAllahi wa Barakatuh

Don't worry.

As long as you did not commit shirkh, you have a chance of getting the forgiveness..InshaaAllah.

I know a story of someone who converted to Islam and after a while saying shahada she did a bad sin. A terrible sin. And I know this person myself, she is very close to me. She keeps telling me she still feels bad about it after years.

But Allah is ArRahman ArRaheem. Most Forgiving. People cannot always forgive all the bad deeds of others, but we are people. Allah is mightier than us. He is able to do ALL THINGS.

Just ask for forgiveness. It is the only way of getting it.

And don't get depressed. If you feels sad go to pray and cry to Allah, show Allah by your actions ( although He is able to see what is in your heart ) that you are really repenting. Do good deeds, pray more, ask forgiveness. ASK FOR FORGIVENESS.

May Allah forgive you your sins, and may He increase your iman, ameen.

Wasalaam,
Mujahida

rtbour

american muslima
Asalaamu alaikum. Thank you both for answering this. It makes me feel better knowing that there is hope for forgiveness. May Allah bless you both immensely and keep you safe. Thanks again.

sistersalina

Salam brother,

First of all brother dont worry. We here wont judge you. Look at the bright side, Allah is already helping you by making u realise you did a sin, atleast you will stop it now itself rather then keep on doing without realising. Be glad brother. Like what the rest say, if u sincerely repent to Allah, He will definitely forgive you. Do not worry brother, after all he is the Most Forgiver. Take care brother.

Wassalam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Allah is there for you!!

:salam2: my dear sister in Islam:D

First of All, we all go through this stage.....Say AlhamduliAllah for Allah has guided you back and this remorse and regret you feeling is certainly a sighn of Imaan and fear of Allah ta'ala's punishment! May Allah forgive us all.Ameen Ya Ilahi! Brother, I can for sure say that MOST of us have done something BAD, something we all thing we can never be forgiven for! but Allah is the MOST merciful.....He is the OFT-FORGIVER!!!! and please forgive YOURSELF first! because if you cannot, you will not be able to cope up with this,,,,make sure you make loads and loads of duas!! because Allah is there for ALL of us and He is listening when NO ONE else seems to LISTEN! cry out to HIM ALONE and seek out the forgiveness for SURE you have a chance to be forgiven BY the MOST merciful!!! the OFT-FORGIVING, THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU OWN MOM!!!!!
InshaAllah, this video should give you HOPE!!!

[yt]-2fyfRfy19g[/yt]

May Allah forgive you and all of us...........remember Allah is ONLY a prayer away,,,,sake HIM when you need HIS aid!!

Allah hafiz now and always:hearts:

Almeftah

Pray to Allah and ask forgivness.. seek His guidance.

This is a matter between creatures and The Creator.. He sees and listens. And if He wills, you shall have your answers.

safiya58

:salam2: sister

we all commit sins... but never ever ever... and ever ever doubt in the mercy of Allah Subanallahu Teala.... no matter how big your sin is His mercy is much more huge! and He is awara of your sadness now and is surelly glad that you are a repenter! and a bad deed making you become modest is better than a good deed making you become snooty... so no matter what you did it is between you and Your Creator and we are your brothers and sisters our job is to remind you at the Mercy of Allah not to judge you cuz we are only poor slaves like you... with many sins...!

link to a thread "Have you ever sinned?": http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57619

:wasalam:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
if you repent sincearly and ask allah to forgive you, and never repeat it , then allah will surely fogive you..and i will also pray for you sincearly..plz beg forgiveness from allah..allah will surely forgive you..ameen

mufakkir

May Allah bless you all.

Salaam ‘Alaikum,
Brother/Sister in Islam, you have taken the first steps towards repentance and forgiveness, and that is to feel remorseful and guilty for the sins you have committed – which in itself is a condition of tawbah. However, you feel as though the sin you committed is of such magnitude that it cannot ever warrant the Mercy of Allah. You should not worry yourself for having such feelings for there have been many before you who have had these thoughts. In fact it is for such guilt that the Quran and Sunnah is abound with references to the great Mercy of Allah. I am sure you yourself are aware of these and the brothers and sisters above have also mentioned many of them. However, whenever I think about this topic of repentance and forgiveness I always recall to mind two hadiths, one verse and a great scholarly saying.

First, the reassuring statement of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

“Kullu bani adam Khattaoon. Wa Khairal Khattaoon tawwaboon”

“Every son of Adam (mankind) commits sins. But the best of those who commit sins are those who repent and seek forgiveness”

The second, a verse from the Qur’an:

قُلۡ يَـٰعِبَادِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسۡرَفُواْ عَلَىٰٓ أَنفُسِهِمۡ لَا تَقۡنَطُواْ مِن رَّحۡمَةِ ٱللَّهِ*!ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَغۡفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا*!ۚ إِنَّهُ ۥ هُوَ ٱلۡغَفُورُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful [Zumar:52-53]

Third, another reassuring hadith from the Prophetic Sunnah:

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“Among those who came before you was a man who killed 99 people. He then asked to be guided to the most prolific worshipper from the inhabitants of the earth, and he was directed to a monk. He went to him and told him that he had killed 99 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The monk said, ‘No.’ The man killed him, thus making him the 100th victim. He then asked to be directed to the most knowledgeable of the Earth’s inhabitants, and he was guided to a scholar. He went to him and told him that he had killed 100 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The scholar said, ‘Yes, and who will stand between you and repentance. Go to such and such land, for in it dwell a people who worship Allah, so go and worship Allah with them. And do not return to your land, for it is indeed a land of evil.’ He left, and when he reached the halfway point of his journey, he died. The angels of Mercy and the angels of Punishment disputed with one another [in regard to his case]. The angels of Mercy said, ‘He came to us repentant, advancing with his heart towards Allah.’ The angels of Punishment said, ‘Indeed, he never performed any good deeds.’ Then an angel came in the form of a human being, and both groups of angels asked him to be the judge between them. He said, ‘Measure the distance between the two lands. Whichever land he is closer to is the land that he is closer to [in terms of being of its people]. They then measured the distance and found that he was closer to the land that he was heading towards, and so it was the angels of Mercy who then took his soul.” [Bukhaari & Muslim]

Another version (I think a weaker one) ends with: “They then measured the distance and found that he was closer to the land form which he came (where he committed the sin) so the angels of punishment were about to take him away. Then Allah commanded the earth to move and the land to which he was heading (the land of piety) came closer. So his soul was taken by the angels of mercy.”

Finally, a great saying of one of the salaf (I think it may have been Ibn al-Qayyim!):

“The mu’min (believer) is one who flies over the Dunyah with two wings. One is Hope and the other, Fear. If either one outweighs the other, the imbalance will cause him to fall and perish”

I hope these verses, hadiths and sayings are beneficial for you aswell, inshaAllah.

Was Salaam

rtbour

american muslima
Asalaamu alaikum. Thanks everyone for responding to my post. It does give me a lot of hope that Allah will forgive me. The way I feel with this guilt is that I need to do everything right. I need to follow all the rules and learn everything I can. I feel this because I think if I were to feel bad about my sin but not do anything except repenting to Allah, maybe it would not be enough. I feel like I need to prove myself to Allah now by learning as much as I can and doing everything I can to follow all the rules of Islam. I started wearing hijab a few days ago because of this feeling. Maybe it's good for me to be going through this. Maybe it will bring me closer to Allah. Thank you again everyone for caring enough to answer me. May the blessings of Allah be upon all of you.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum sweet sister:D
I agree with you wallahi.....prove yourself to Allah that you are worthy of His mercy! inshaAllah, Allah is there for you!
just wanted to say sorry sister, beacause earlier I called you a brother:(
but after reading this:
I started wearing hijab a few days ago because of this feeling.
I am sure you are my sister:D AlhamduliAllah, NOW I can give you a "hug".....inshaAllah, you will be fine, just put Allah first in everything, and wallahi dear sister SINS ONLY get us CLOSER to the ONE true RAB! so, do repent and do that which you can to always try to please Allah ta'ala:D
"BIGGEST TIGHTEST SISTERLY HUUUUGGGG"
I love you for Allah's sake! and you are truely in my duas

Allah hafiz now and always:D

rtbour

american muslima
Assalamu Alaikum sweet sister:D
I agree with you wallahi.....prove yourself to Allah that you are worthy of His mercy! inshaAllah, Allah is there for you!
just wanted to say sorry sister, beacause earlier I called you a brother:(
but after reading this: I am sure you are my sister:D AlhamduliAllah, NOW I can give you a "hug".....inshaAllah, you will be fine, just put Allah first in everything, and wallahi dear sister SINS ONLY get us CLOSER to the ONE true RAB! so, do repent and do that which you can to always try to please Allah ta'ala:D
"BIGGEST TIGHTEST SISTERLY HUUUUGGGG"
I love you for Allah's sake! and you are truely in my duas

Asalaamu Alaikum! It's okay about the brother thing. Hahaha. I think maybe people think that a lot because my username is rtbour. That doesnt sound very feminine, I guess, but it's just the first letter of my first name plus my last name. I signed up on here before I was really muslim so I didn't have any good username ideas. =) Thank you for your support, sister! =) You are very sweet!!!

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum sis

All i can say is keep turning to Allah dont let the shaytan make you think any sin is not worth turning back to Allah, Allah sees your guilt and regret and this feeling you get of first acknowledging what you did was bad and feeling bad and scared about it is a good sign that you have imaan and this feeling makes it easy for shaytan to whisper and make you think Allah wont forgive me DONT LET HIM TRICK YOU, Allah forgives every sin (except shirk) so dont lose hope big or small Allah is always there to hear you sincere dua, Making tawba means to ask forgiveness and to make a promise with Allah and yourself that you will try and stay away from that sin again and if you should fall into it again it shows maybe your tawba the first time wasnt sincere so try and make your dua as sincere and pure as you can cry to Allah in the middle of the night when he descends and asks who is there that i may give what they ask of me, so cry for forgiveness and you will surely get it....

Sorry its lengthy i know what your going through as we all are sinners in the same boat.....May Allah forgive us all Ameen

Listen to this lecture:
http://www.getislam.net/lectures/sulaiman-moola/Where-There-Is-Allah-There-Is-Hope.mp3

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister. I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla to forgive you for not only that sin that you committed, but to forgive you for ALL your sins, and I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla to do the same with all of us who testify his Power, Might, Greatness, and who try their best to obey him, Ameen Ya Zal Jalaali Wal Ekraam!

Anyway sister, I wanted to talk to you about what you did. I think I can kind of understand what you did, but even though, I'm not angry at you sister; Rather, I'm actually really happy, that you came here and expressed your concern to us sister, because it shows that you feel regret from what you did.

I was in the same dilema as you sister. But what you need to do is:

-Regret what you did EXTREMELY (try remembering the GREATEST of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla's blessings upon you, like that he made you a Muminah, Alhamdulillah :)).

-Repent sincerely to Allah Subhanau wa Ta Alla (if your repentence is sincere and DEEP, then what happens is that your eyes soak with tears and you start to hate yourself because of what you did).

And also sister, what you have to do after that sister, is that you have to get back on your deen. It's hard to climb up the snowy hill after you slipped down, and it WILL be hard, but through patience, and hard effort, you CAN get back on your deen.

And actually sister, I think that you have completed all of what I said above, Alhamdulillah. :)

But sister, even though you have, you still feel sad and upset about what you did. :( Sister, if you get to the point that whenever you remember your sin, that you fall down (maybe in Sajdah, or with your face in your hands) and cry. Wallahi sister, if this happens to you, then KNOW that you are a Muminah, because ONLY a Mumin ever regrets a sin or shortcoming that they did, and Wallahi sister, you might cry even a hundred times because of what you did, but still, the sin you commited will ALWAYS stay in your memory.

But, if you repent to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla with tears in your eyes (when you remember the sin(s) you did), then THAT raises your status in Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla's eyes (and also to that of his angels), because it shows your sincerity.

AND, if you ever want to REALLY regret a sin that you did (so that you start to repent extremely sincerely), then what helps is if you: think about how evil the sin is that you did; remember the favors and blessings of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla on you; and then try to REALLY think about these two deeply (when you are doing Tawbah Salat, or when you are in Sajdah), and then, Inshallah, it will make tears come out from your eyes.

And Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla knows best.

abu'muhammad

May Allah bless you all.

:salam2:

A muslim should be hopeful of mercy of Allah, further doing sincere repentance as well as increasing His worship. - and Allah knows the best.

:salam2:

aaiwang

dearest sister @rtbour,
Allah always give us true choice to life, He doesn't give us something out capabilities, Islam is just true way, because all people all over the world same born with Fithrah (The Purity)! This site "TurnToIslam" is way to conscious effort in Iman/Islam,,insha-Allah...

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum:D
Thank you for your support, sister! =)
ukhti NO probs:D we are all here for one another:D and it's all because of the mercy of Allah ta'ala that we are merciful toward those He has created:D
LoL now THAT was hilarious!
Lo0o0o0ol, I have just re-read it to see it's funny side but believe me I was SERIOUS back then...lo0o0ol, but now it sounds FUNNNIIIII:D