telling my family im a muslim

Safiyah_

Assalamu Aleiykum

I took my shahada yesterday!
My parents also don't know about me being a muslima.. and it brings some problems yes! But you have to build everything up. I won't be wearing hijab yet.
But I can now pray to Allah (swt) and it's like u being reborn.. as long as u have good intentions there's nothing wrong.. Tell them when u are ready, u can even say the shahada again if u want !
Don't wait to long because i have found out that it's much better just to do it ! =)

May Allah ( swt) give u the strenght.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Nice to hear that, Masha'Allah. May Allah SWT give you the strength to tell your parents and may Allah SWT also make them acceptable of your choice. I am sure your Muslim friend will help you!!

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
Same dilemma here too. It is very difficult to tell it in Indian families as ther can be revolt too and lot of violence.
May allah guide me as I know I am on the path of truth

m0khan

good morning, assalamu alaikam.

If I was you I would say the Shahada. Then when you are ready and feel the time is right then tell your parents.

In regards, to praying at the mosque. It's not compulsory for women to attend the mosque, however they can do though if they want too.
Don't feel like your an outsider just because of skin colour or because you are a revert.
I recently started attending on a daily basis and was also nervous and a bit shy about it, however the mosque is a place of worship with many muslims of all nationalities, race etc attending. I have made quite a few friends from the mosque too.

If you also attend the mosque, there should be someone there in the office who would be more than grateful to help you out with any questions etc in person.

All the best :)

aaiwang

Safiyah_ said:
Assalamu Aleiykum

I took my shahada yesterday!
Allohu Akbar! Allah is Great! as a Muslim, I'm very happy, Ukhti Safiya! Hopefully with you into the early Islamic victory the happiness in the world and the Hereafter later, insha-Allah. And I ask Allah, if you still own, I pray I hope you quickly get a mate, and if not, God will provide in the near future! :)

shichemlydia

happy..

salam alikoum sister,
what kind of good news i can see in the morning, mashae allah swt, may allah swt enable you to take your shahada soon, and let you cope with the issue of family, ameen. 15 years is a perfect age for someone to recognise his creator , the prophet pbuoh said there are seven kinds of people who will be under the shadow of allah swt in that day when there will be no shadow except his, and one kind is a man/woman who grew in the worship and obedience of allah swt, so amy allah make you among those in the day of resurection ameen,
wa salam alikoum