Who is MAINLY to blame for distorting the image of Islam??

Who is MAINLY to blame for distorting the image of Islam? ?

• Total voters

rtbour

american muslima
I find that Muslims who "say" they are Muslim and don't live their religion, or don't even know their religion are to blame for the misunderstandings by non muslims.
I am always shocked at the born muslims, who have been tainted by cultural and tribal biases, and some of the things they believe are Islamic.

I totally agree with this statement. It's very sad to see this happening.

ummi h

Asalam. I vote 'ignorant muslims'... I was in the bus with my little girl, 2 non wearing hijab, asian muslim ladies started talking about me. One said 'look what she is wearing, its their fault they get attacked' ( they meant getting attacked by racists) the other said ''its these types of people that ruin the image of islam, no wonder why everyone hates us'' ( how did they figure this out?)

The crime i committed in the eyes of the asian ladies was wearing the abaya, and jalabiyah , the types the middle eastern sisters wear but mine is short just below the knees. I was shocked, i expected this from non-muslims let alone muslims.

I hate when muslim dont follow or practisce islam properly as tought from the quran and the sunnah. It really frustrates me when you see people practicing one part of islam and leaving others. This is happening a lot, where people are making these choices, and also people making the fardhs as its not an obligatory act. For example i see people wearing hijab but wearing everything tight or see through clothing, and most importantly those who do thier eyebrows ''for the sake of their husband''when they are fully aware of the rulling( it is haraam to do eyebrows)...I can go on and on..

I mean to those people who wear or (dont wear hijab), and tight clothing, wearing make-up and also talking to opposite sex. What are you, what is your religion? What is your identity, i mean how do you want to be identified because you will deffinetly not be identified as a muslim..There is no difference between you and the other non-muslims apart from your muslim name...

Thats why i blame the muslims ( astaqfurrulah)...they ruining the beauty of islam..

Im not perfect, i make mistakes..so if i made the mistake of upsetting anyone please forgive me for my shortcomings...Allah is the best forgiver...wasalam.