The reason I fear our Prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam)

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome brothers and sisters........

Usually I dont have much time to post new threads but I have some time off both my jobs alhamdulillah and even though for me its great because I will get some much needed rest I think that TTI might be in trouble. LOL

When I have free time it allows my mind to be put into motion and that can be a very dangerous thing. LOL

Anyway my thought tonight is about our beloved prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). I was thinking about him and it made me realize that in my search for the truth in Islam I have neglected to seriously study anything about the prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) and WOW........you know that is one of those moments that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmm". So I asked myself why?? I live alone so I really had nobody else I could ask hahaha.

Anyway something dawned on me........and I think I have found that for myself I have PURPOSELY held back on learning about the prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) out of FEAR!!!!!! Yes FEAR!!!! Why you might ask???? Ok well I will explain my theory.....

My grandmother who lived with us most of my life was a very strict Catholic which is how she raised us and if any of you know anything about being a strict Catholic that means not just going to church on Sunday but going to church EVERYDAY. Yes you go to light candles and pray and who knows what else they do. Anyway you get the pictrue.......so I am raised this way VERY strict Catholics believe 100% without a doubt that Jesus IS the son of God.

Ok so yes I DID believe it and ALL my life I believed it. In fact that was the HARDEST thing for me to overcome when I learned about Islam. That is the one reason it took me so long to revert. Its not that I didnt immediately FEEL the Quran and believe what I read to be words directly from Allah. I think I explained before what reading the Quran did to me. No it wasnt that I doubted Islam..........it was that being raised Christian Jesus was POUNDED into my young mind to the point that I FEARED NOT BELIEVING HE WAS THE SON OF GOD!!!!! I actually worried "what if Im wrong???"

Sooo sorry for this long story about my childhood but it explains my fear of our beloved prophet Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). I FEAR loving him too much. I FEAR putting him on a pedistal right beside Allah in my heart. I FEAR maybe even worshipping him. All of this hit me like a bolt of lightening!!!! So THATS why I have been holding myself back from learning to much about the prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). Very scary stuff let me tell ya. What parents can do to the mind. And we all know what Allah thinks about everything I just said..........shirk is the ONE unforgivable sin.

Ok so my thread is not just about what I think..........I wondered if anyone else ever considered this. I guess mostly this is aimed at other reverts because I dont think born Muslims would have this problem seeing as how they have ALWAYS known Isa (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) as a prophet and never thought of him as the son of God.

You know when I pray my dua for the prophets (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) I catch myself thinking more for the blessing of Isa than Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam)...........may Allah forgive me. :shymuslima1: That was hard to admit.

kiki18

i am also in the same boat. i was also raised catholic and also find myself being really careful of what i think of our great prophets(saw). also thinking if i'm loving them too much, may Allah forgive us if we have done so.

Abdullah_77

Allaah(subhaanahu wa ta'ala) (the only one that deserves worship is Creator of the Universe, The Creator Unmade, The Only One without a beginning and an end, the only one who is free from the trappings of time, The creation of nothing, the All Perfect, The Uncomparable, the only one that can see, touch, smell, hear every particle of the Universe at the same Time!

All of us, including Isaa(aleyhi salaam) are nothing but created substances, with a beginning and an end. We're all Allaah's slaves. wether we like it or not we have had a beginning, soon we shall have an end.

I suggest ukhti you look up the Asma tul husnaa(beautiful names of Allaah and learn his attributes...you can even look that on youtube. That way hoepfully inshaAllaah, the Cursed Shaytan won't be able to screw around in your head.

Also most important, seek refuge in Alllaah, Ar-rahman Ar-raheem from the devil and his arguments.

also recite laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaah billah.(there is no powere or strength save with Allaah.

Love Muhammad (sallallaahu aleyhi wa sallim) but only love him for the sake of Allaah(subhaanahu w ata'ala) , He's the best of our race, Almustafa(the chosen one) Allah's light, Allaah's mercy, who brought a noble message , yet he's only created substance like us, Allahu akbar,
salaam sis

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam dear brother Abdullah_77

Please dont misunderstand my post dear brother. I agree with everything you posted but I already was aware of that and what you said is not and never has been a question or doubt for me.

My post is simply to ask other reverts if they have experienced a similar fear and especially CHRISTIANS because of the way we are raised and how the religious ideas are literally POUNDED into our heads. I am talking about something the Christian religion does as a whole (I mean no matter the denomination be it Catholic, Baptist.......etc etc) in causing a FEAR to arrise in you if you DONT believe what they believe. THIS is the topic of my post.

Forgive me if have caused any confusion.

Abdullah_77

A

...Jesus was POUNDED into my young mind to the point that I FEARED NOT BELIEVING HE WAS THE SON OF GOD!!!!! I actually worried "what if Im wrong???"

Sooo sorry for this long story about my childhood but it explains my fear of our beloved prophet Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). I FEAR loving him too much. I FEAR putting him on a pedistal right beside Allah in my heart. I FEAR maybe even worshipping him.
All of this hit me like a bolt of lightening!!!! So THATS why I have been holding myself back from learning to much about the prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). Very scary stuff let me tell ya. What parents can do to the mind. And we all know what Allah thinks about everything I just said..........shirk is the ONE unforgivable sin.

Ok so my thread is not just about what I think..........I wondered if anyone else ever considered this. I guess mostly this is aimed at other reverts because I dont think born Muslims would have this problem seeing as how they have ALWAYS known Isa (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) as a prophet and never thought of him as the son of God.

You know when I pray my dua for the prophets (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) I catch myself thinking more for the blessing of Isa than Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam)...........may Allah forgive me. :shymuslima1: That was hard to admit.

I get your point sister, , that's why I wrote what I wrote,
If your having confusion or whatever about isaa(aleyhi salaam) know that Allaah is without beginning and an end. isaa had a birthday, he was born, Allaah was born or created of nothing.
Im just saying the best way to fight any confusion, any weird feelings that you were taught of your past what you were taught, or any whispers of ashshaytaan know tawheed, Laa illah illah Allah is you have to know Allaah's atribbutes,

if im still kookoo well i guess i don get your post,

sorry.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I get your point sister, , that's why I wrote what I wrote,
If your having confusion or whatever about isaa(aleyhi salaam) know that Allaah is without beginning and an end. isaa had a birthday, he was born, Allaah was born or created of nothing.
Im just saying the best way to fight any confusion, any weird feelings that you were taught of your past what you were taught, or any whispers of ashshaytaan know tawheed, Laa illah illah Allah is you have to know Allaah's atribbutes,

if im still kookoo well i guess i don get your post,

sorry.

No problem brother I believe you are kookoo <smile> but seriously you dont understand my post and possibly its my fault that you dont understand because of the way that I worded it.

I have no confusion anymore about Isa (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) and I believe he is a prophet like all the others (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). I think my post was too rambling because the point I was trying to make is my fear of loving Prophet Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) in the same way the Christians love Isa even today. Im not confused in any way about Islam, Allah or even the prophets (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) Im just AFRAID of loving prophet Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) too much. Thats ALL I mean to say.

Next time I post I will try my best not to ramble so it will be clearer. Forgive me for the confusion.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

:salam2:
I would never been able to imagine this problem faced by our revert sisters and may be brothers too.
However, sisters Tree2008 and kiki18, now that you know the problem, you will be able to solve it Insha-Allah.
May Allah SWT help us and guide us to the right path.
:wasalam:

BinDre

Bored
do you remember one of the story of the closest companion when he heard that prophet muhammad was died, He was full of grief upon hearing the news, Umar, the devoted disciple, couldn't accept the reality that the "Messenger of God" has died.

It is said that he promised to strike the head of any man who would say that he died. At this point Abu Bakr is reported to have come out to the Muslim community and gave his famous speech which included:

“ "If anyone worshipped Muhammad, let them know that Muhammad is dead, but if anyone worshipped God, then let them know that God is living and cannot die." ”

Abū Bakr then recited these verses from the Qur'an:
"Muhammad is but a messenger; messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. If, then, he dies or is killed, will you turn back on your heel?".

Hearing this from Abu Bakr, the most senior disciple of Muhammad, Umar then fell down on his knees in great sense of sorrow and acceptance of the reality.

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Praise be to Allaah.

1 – Allaah has commanded us to obey the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And obey Allaah and the Messenger (Muhammad), and beware (of even coming near to drinking or gambling or Al‑Ansaab, or Al‑Azlaam) and fear Allaah. Then if you turn away, you should know that it is Our Messenger’s duty to convey (the Message) in the clearest way”

[al-Maa'idah 5:92]

2 – Allaah has told us that obedience to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is obedience to Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them”

[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

3 – Allaah has warned us against failing to obey him, and that this may lead a Muslim into a fitnah that is the fitnah of shirk. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Make not the calling of the Messenger (Muhammad) among you as your calling one of another. Allaah knows those of you who slip away under shelter (of some excuse without taking the permission to leave, from the Messenger). And let those who oppose the Messenger’s (Muhammad’s) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant) should befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them”

[al-Noor 24:63]

Allaah has told us that the status of Prophethood which he gave to His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) requires the believers to respect and venerate the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad) as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner.

9. In order that you (O mankind) may believe in Allaah and His Messenger, and that you assist and honour him, and (that you) glorify (Allaah’s) praises morning and afternoon”

[al-Fath 48:8-9]

4 – The Muslim’s faith cannot be complete unless he loves the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and until the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is dearer to him than his father, his son, his own self and all the people. It was narrated that Anas said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one of you truly believes until I am dearer to him than his father, his son, his own self and all the people.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 15; Muslim, 44.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Hishaam said: We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was holding the hand of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab. ‘Umar said to him: “O Messenger of Allaah, you are dearer to me than everything except my own self.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, not until I am dearer to you than your own self.” ‘Umar said to him: “Now, by Allaah, you are dearer to me than my own self.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Now (you are a true believer), O ‘Umar.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6257.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The reason why it is obligatory to love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and venerate him more than any other person is that we cannot attain the greatest good in this world or in the Hereafter except at the hands of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), by believing in him and following him. That is because no one can be saved from the punishment of Allaah, and the mercy of Allaah cannot reach him except by means of the Prophet, by believing in him, loving him, being loyal to him and following him. This is the means by which Allaah will save him from punishment in this world and in the Hereafter. This is the means by which he will attain what is good in this world and in the Hereafter. The greatest blessing is the blessing of faith, which can only be attained through him, and which is more beneficial than his own self and his wealth. He is the one by means of whom Allaah brings people forth from darkness into light, and there is no other way to Allaah. As for a person’s self and family, they will not avail him anything before Allaah… Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 27/246.

One of the scholars said: If a person thinks of the benefits that he has been given through the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), through whom Allaah brought him forth from the darkness of kufr into the light of faith, he will realize that he is the cause of his soul remaining forever in eternal bliss, and he will understand that this benefit is greater than all others. So he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) deserves that his share of a person’s love should be greater than anyone else’s. But people vary with regard to that, depending on the extent to which they bear that in mind or neglect it. Everyone who truly believes in the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will inevitably have a strong love for him, but they differ in the extent and depth of their love for him. Some of them have a great deal of love for him and some have only a little, like those who are absorbed in their own whims and desires most of the time. But when mention of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is made, most of them long to see him, and prefers that to their own family, sons, wealth and fathers. But that feeling quickly fades because of other distractions. And Allaah is the One Whose help we seek. See Fath al-Baari, 1/59

This is what is referred to in the verse where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves”
[al-Ahzaab 33:6]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

[Allaah] knew how compassionate His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was towards his ummah, and how sincere he was towards them, so He made him closer to them than their own selves, and decreed that his judgement among them should take precedence over their own preferences. (6/380).

Shaykh Ibn Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Allaah tells the believers something by which they may understand the position and status of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him, so that they might interact with him appropriately. So He said: “The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves”, the closest that he could be to a person, and closer than his own self. So the Messenger is closer to him than his own self, because he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was so kind and sincere and compassionate towards them. He was the kindest and most merciful of mankind. The Messenger of Allaah did the greatest of favours to all of mankind. Not the slightest good came to them and not the slightest harm was warded off from them except through him. Hence if there is a conflict between what a person himself wants or what other people want, and what the Messenger wants, then what the Messenger wants must take precedence. What the Messenger says cannot be overridden by what any person says, no matter who he is. They should sacrifice their selves, their wealth and their children, and put love for him before their love for all others.

What the scholars have said may be summed up by noting that the wrath of Allaah and the Fire of Hell are the things that we fear the most, and we cannot be saved from them except at the hands of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The pleasure of Allaah and the garden of Paradise are the things that we want the most, but we cannot attain them except at the hands of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) referred to the former when he said: “The likeness of me and you is that of a man who lit a fire and grasshoppers and moths started falling into it, and he tried to push them away. I am seizing your waistbands and trying to pull you away from the Fire but you are trying to get away from me.”

(Muslim, 2285, from the hadeeth of Jaabir; a similar hadeeth was narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3427 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

What is meant by this hadeeth is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) likened the way in which the ignorant and disobedient rush to fall into the Fire of the Hereafter by means of their sins and whims and desires to the Fire, and their keenness to fall into that Fire, even though he is trying hard to prevent them from doing so to the way in which moths and other insects are fatally attracted to the fire. Both of them are keen to destroy themselves because of their ignorance of the consequences.

(Sharh Muslim by al-Nawawi)

The latter was referred to by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said: “All of my ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, who would refuse?” He said: “Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused.”

Al-Bukhaari, 7280, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Source:IslamQA

kiki18

one thing to clear out is that i know i'm not doing so, but i'm just scared to do so. i wouldn't like to love prophet(saw) more than it should, ya know? i love Allah subhana wa taala :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

I read online that the prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) said he didnt want any of the companions writing his own words down when they were writing the Quran. He told them to "burn" what they wrote down that came from his mouth unless it was words for the Quran because he didnt want anyone later on to think his own words were part of what was revealed to him by Gibriel.

The website went on to say that the sunnah was written many many years after Muhammed's (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) death and it was against his wishes for it ever to be written or followed. OK so after reading that Im even MORE confused!!!!!!!!

revert2007

Love Fishing
sunnah is what Allah said or mentioned in quran but the meaning is hidden but only told to our prophet.sunnah is what Allah told the prophet and our prophet act on it.our prophet has never done anything beyond what Allah has ordered Him to do.there are many books about sunnah.so u have to find the correct book and read and follow the correct sunnah.TTI member may clear ur confusion.

DO NOT EVER FEAR OF ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY.
our prophet pbuh is our role model and we must follow his sunnah
Allah s.wt is our God and we must Obey Him.

hassana elkoussi

As salamo alaikome....

I read online that the prophet (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) said he didnt want any of the companions writing his own words down when they were writing the Quran. He told them to "burn" what they wrote down that came from his mouth unless it was words for the Quran because he didnt want anyone later on to think his own words were part of what was revealed to him by Gibriel.

The website went on to say that the sunnah was written many many years after Muhammed's (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) death and it was against his wishes for it ever to be written or followed. OK so after reading that Im even MORE confused!!!!!!!!

As-salamu alaikom dear sister,

You don't have to get confused because of this . Here's an extract from the reliable site of Islam Q&A on this same issue "

The prohibition was in effect when there was the fear that (the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) might be mixed with the Qur’aan. When that danger was no longer present, permission was given to write down (ahaadeeth). And it was said that the prohibition mentioned in the hadeeth referred to writing ahaadeeth on the same page as Qur’aan, lest they become mixed and thus the reader would be confused when looking at this page. And Allaah knows best

It was said that the prohibition applied only to those whom it was feared would depend on the writing and not memorize things, and that permission was given for those from whom such a thing was not feared.

The scholars said: a group of the Sahaabah and Taabi’een regarded it as makrooh to write down the hadeeth and they regarded it as mustahabb to learn it from them by heart, as they had learned it. But when people were no longer able to strive so hard (in memorizing) and the scholars feared that knowledge might be lost, they compiled it in books.”

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Hope this helps resolve your confusion, sister.

Salam :hearts:

fatima.umar

:salam2:​

I understand what you are saying...even though I am a born muslim...i can put myself in your shoes and I get it.... but I think you can now venture into learning as much as you want about our wonderful prophet muhammed SAW without fear... since you have now realised what (fear) was holding you back I don't think you will let that happen. I think you will fall in love with prophet muhammad SAW but i also think that since you are aware of what held you back till now you will not let your love reach the point of hero worship. So don't be afraid anymore...as long as you were unaware of what can happen there was caause to be afraid but now that that realization has hit you and it has come out of your subconscious and entered your conscious mind ... no such thing will happen insha'allah ... now just say bismilla hir rahman nir raheem and start your research of the great prophet muhammad SAW

i wish you luck :hijabi:

No problem brother I believe you are kookoo <smile> but seriously you dont understand my post and possibly its my fault that you dont understand because of the way that I worded it.

I have no confusion anymore about Isa (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) and I believe he is a prophet like all the others (sal allahu alayhi wa salam). I think my post was too rambling because the point I was trying to make is my fear of loving Prophet Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) in the same way the Christians love Isa even today. Im not confused in any way about Islam, Allah or even the prophets (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) Im just AFRAID of loving prophet Muhammed (sal allahu alayhi wa salam) too much. Thats ALL I mean to say.

Next time I post I will try my best not to ramble so it will be clearer. Forgive me for the confusion.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:​

I understand what you are saying...even though I am a born muslim...i can put myself in your shoes and I get it.... but I think you can now venture into learning as much as you want about our wonderful prophet muhammed SAW without fear... since you have now realised what (fear) was holding you back I don't think you will let that happen. I think you will fall in love with prophet muhammad SAW but i also think that since you are aware of what held you back till now you will not let your love reach the point of hero worship. So don't be afraid anymore...as long as you were unaware of what can happen there was caause to be afraid but now that that realization has hit you and it has come out of your subconscious and entered your conscious mind ... no such thing will happen insha'allah ... now just say bismilla hir rahman nir raheem and start your research of the great prophet muhammad SAW

i wish you luck :hijabi:

Only a sister can truly understand a sister. I think what sister fatima has written should give you the answer. I was second it.
As far as the prohibition of writing hadith is concerned it was later removed.
I think the more you will learn about our Prophet :saw: the more his picture will become more accurate. And as far as loving him is concerned I have read a hadeeth in which Prophet Mohammad has said that you cannot attain the perfect Iman if you do not love him more than yourself.
I think you should stop worrying because Allah knows what is in your heart and what is your intension.
Again i am not claiming to know what exactly you feel but I think you need to stop worrying and start reading about our beloved prophet :saw:.

I have to admit sisters you are great. :ma:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

Jazakallah khairan to everyone who answered. I just LOVE the support I recieve on this website. In a non-Muslim country where I live this website is such a comfort to me. It shows me our Ummah is not so far away. My brothers and sisters are all great. Alhamdulillah.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Only a sister can truly understand a sister. I think what sister fatima has written should give you the answer. I was second it.
As far as the prohibition of writing hadith is concerned it was later removed.
I think the more you will learn about our Prophet :saw: the more his picture will become more accurate. And as far as loving him is concerned I have read a hadeeth in which Prophet Mohammad has said that you cannot attain the perfect Iman if you do not love him more than yourself.
I think you should stop worrying because Allah knows what is in your heart and what is your intension.
Again i am not claiming to know what exactly you feel but I think you need to stop worrying and start reading about our beloved prophet :saw:.

I have to admit sisters you are great. :ma:

I triple that! :)
Go for it sister - you got yourself a whole new adventure to embark on :D