READING QURAN

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2: brothers and sisters

its very common practise in asian countries that when someone buy a new house they invite people and they read the whole quran.

Is this practise okay? or Bidah?

did Prophet Muhammad (SAW) ever practise this or companions (r.a)
i heard from a sheikh that thing which Muhammad(SAW) did not practise and we practise saying this is good in our religion, they are doing bidah, Muhammad(saw) taught us everything. like salah, zikar etc.

do this pracitse calling people to read quran at new home is bidah ?

jazakallah khair

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum.

I am not a scholar, but I have found some hadiths. May this help your search.

There is a saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) ;

"On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) had said ;

Whenever people assemble in one of the houses of Allah reciting the Quran and delving it through each other, tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, angels spread their wings over them, and Allah mentions them to the angels surrounding Him."

(Muslim)

Another one;

"On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that Allah's Messenger (peace be upo him) had said;

Do not make your houses graveyards. The devil flees away from the house in which Sura Al-Baqara is recited"

(Muslim)

Meekaal

Bida'

Wa 'alaykum as Salaam.

Let us be aware of a fundamental rule that is derived from the Qur'aan and the authentic Sunnah and keep it in our mind all the time:

"Every religious act is forbidden except if there is clear evidence from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah of its permissibility. Every worldly matter is permissible except if there is clear evidence of its prohibition."

To make this more clear: Anything that people see and perform as a religious act has to have proof from the Qur'aan and the authentic Sunnah. For example, we pray Salaah because we are commanded to in the Qur'aan. We pray Salaah in this particular manner because there is evidence for every single act of the prayer from the Sunnah. Therefore, doing anything as a religious act has to be based on evidence. Therefore, people gathering together and keep reciting "Allaah! Allaah! Allaah!" or any other His names without making Du'aa in it is a Bid'ah (innovation) because neither the Prophet (salla Allaahu 'alayhy wa sallam) or did his companions do anything like that.

I have not heard any evidence to the effect of what you mentioned in the post. That doesn't mean there isn't evidence for it. I suggest that you ask a scholar or instead ask at an authentic Islaamic question website. As for the two narrations quoted by sister almanar, the first one is talking about the Houses of Allaah (i.e. Masaajid) and the second one is obvious in that it mentions reciting Surah al-Baqarah regularly not only when buying a new house and it doesn't mention the whole Qur'aan.

And Allaah ta'aalaa knows best.

assyuara

Just a thought..

Assalamualaikum my dear brothers and sisters

In my opinion, as i too isnt' a scholar, agree with sis almanar. This is because reciting the Quran is a good practice. To recite the Quran in a group too is wonderful as this can strenghten the ummah, in a small angle..

Sometimes when we label something which is a good practice as bid'ah..
problems may arise..
for example:
- the youths/society may be further away from Islam if this practice is lebelled as bid'ah and is asked to stop doing it
- those who are about to revert to Islam may feel that there are so many things that he/she cant do bec it's a bid'ah/innovation in religion in Islam
- many many things will be difficult for example da'wah. If all these 'bid'ah' is considered ruining Islam, then how should we da'wah as da'wah should be done with hikmah and creatively without crossing over Islam's guidelines.

I know that there are two kinds of bid'ah. And the best way is to follow Quran and Sunnah..

However as Ive said this is just my opinion. Please refer to the wiser ones to share the ayah from al-Quran or hadith from Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him)..
Once again, i state that this is my opinion and i hope brothers and sisters will help to answer this in a better way and comment on my thought too.

May we always be close to Allah and find ways to be closer to Him..

Wasalaam
Aisyah :blackhijab: