for my safety....

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2:
I hope all members and non members are fine. I wanted to ask. Is it okay for me not to take hijab rite now? Problem is that i live in a very anti-muslim neighbourhood. And if something happens to me cuz of that i dont think anyone will support me here. Exept for my muslim friend. My mom will probably be happy to get rid of me. So is it fine in my current situation to stick to jeans and shirts? I'm not a very social person and dont go too much out of the house. Need a little advise please.

:wasalam:
Amina

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

i think you need an alim to answer ur question keeping in view ur particualr situation.

some of us might say "no dont" or "yes you can" and could fall into error.

maybe u can try sites like islamqa.com for get answer frm Ulama.

but we all can make Dua to Allah - Who is capable to do all things to make the things easier for you.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I agree with brother Ahmed Indian. During my early days in Islam, I attended classes every week without failed. One of the thing I learned and it is true was when you are in life threatening situation, assuming someone threaten that he will blow you head if you refused to abandon Islam, you are allowed to tell him that you will abandon (pretend only but do not make such intention true your heart). If this is allowed, I do think it is ok for you not to wear hijab initially while you find ways to move to another place (hijra) where you feel safer and no problem to practice Islam. Allahu alam (Allah knows best).

But as suggested by brother Indian, pls consult a sheikh.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
mashallah very good advice from our brothers ,
as it would be better, if possible to move to a safer enviroment to be able to practise your religion without fear and inshallah put your trust in Allah Ta;laa and we will make dua for him to help you.
w/salam

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Sister Amina Assalam-o-alikum,

Since you are only 15 years old and dependent on your mother I think it will not be sinful if do not wear hijab.

See Allah looks at your heart, and he knows what is in your heart. So if you feel bad that you cannot wear hijab because of your circumstances then you will be fine InshaAllah.

See, early Muslims in Makkah also used to hide their faith because of persecution and they were allowed to do so by Allah (SWT) and his Massenger :saw:.

Allah is all forgiving and merciful... So trust on Allah, make dua for your situation to change and for your mother to change.

I hope and pray that you be alright InshaAllah.
:wasalam:

icadams

Whether you decide to wear hijab or not, you should still be doing your best to dress modestly and avoid imitating those around you that are anti-Muslim.

Axmyn

sister
know that hijab is obligatory in islam. no matter where you live. how hard the situation is.
Every thing is a test from Allah.
in a situation like this we should take comfort by remembering how much our beloved sisters sacrificed for the way of islam during the time of our prophet mohamed(PBUH).

now you can ask a sheikh.