Meet

Firm_believer123

The only subject i dont understand in islam is MARRIAGE -------let me piont out that i have not thought of marriage yet for the reason im only 11 --well anyways i hope u dont get confused because....well if u are a brother i BELIEVE ur not allowed to get close or ive heard not talk to or stare at a women that is not ur sister or ur aunt or ur sibblings daughter so how do u meet if you cant talk nor look??????????

ShyHijabi

Who says the couple can't meet? They can't be alone together but they can talk and discuss marriage with chaperones around. Usually two families comes together and meet multiple times and the couple are given a chance to ask and answer questions.

Blind matches are actually forbidden in Islam. A blind match is where the couple does not speak or see each other until the wedding day, Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) actually stated this was wrong and not to do this.

For now just worry about yourself and you own imaan and put your trust in Allah. You still have a long way to go. :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
relax brother..u r just 11!

as sister Shyhijabi explained, a boy can see his wife-to-be with desire, talk to her on various matters, etc. but only in presence of her male family member.

its not like that u'll see her on ur wedding night as shown in movies about traditional families.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
The only subject i dont understand in islam is MARRIAGE -------let me piont out that i have not thought of marriage yet for the reason im only 11 --well anyways i hope u dont get confused because....well if u are a brother i BELIEVE ur not allowed to get close or ive heard not talk to or stare at a women that is not ur sister or ur aunt or ur sibblings daughter so how do u meet if you cant talk nor look??????????

They answered you :)
how can u image that marriage without seeing !!
certainly they can see each other but while a male member if her family ( Mahram ) with them ..

It's not too early for you to ask this , you have to know every thing about your religion :)

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

Actually it allowed even to see secretly if one intends to marry someone.
The Sahabas vene used to see from the trees. LOL

:wasalam:
P.S: Please read book "The Quest for Love and Mercy by Muhammad Al Jibaly" for more information and references

ummi h

:salam2:

Actually it allowed even to see secretly if one intends to marry someone.
The Sahabas vene used to see from the trees. LOL

P.S: Please read book "The Quest for Love and Mercy by Muhammad Al Jibaly" for more information and references

assalam brother.
i dont believe in meeting propective spouses secretly...and what are you meaning by it?
Firm_believer123 always involve your parents right from the begining. there is a lot of brothers and sisters who meet each other without telling the parent only telling their parents at the last minute, saying iv met so and so and i want to marry him/her can you agree??? by this time the brother/sister will have probably fallen in love with each other and what if the parents say no...

my advice is always involve your family like your brother/sister and your parents. read on this subject properly from the quran and the sunnah..

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
assalam brother.
i dont believe in meeting propective spouses secretly...and what are you meaning by it?
Firm_believer123 always involve your parents right from the begining. there is a lot of brothers and sisters who meet each other without telling the parent only telling their parents at the last minute, saying iv met so and so and i want to marry him/her can you agree??? by this time the brother/sister will have probably fallen in love with each other and what if the parents say no...

my advice is always involve your family like your brother/sister and your parents. read on this subject properly from the quran and the sunnah..

:salam2: Sister,

It is not "meeting" secretly, it is seeing secretly.

Sahaba used to see secretly, please read the above book to get the context.
Sahabas understood Sunnah better than all of us put together, and were more firm in their Eemaan than all of us put together.