PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad2bMuslim

:salam2:

Isn't Hand shaking haram in Islam when it comes to women and men who are not related? some people say its ok when you are in hard situation. But you should please ALLAH not HIS creation.

slave_of_Allah

Subhana'Allah you answered your own question. Your spot on when you say we should please Allah, and not His creation. Allah comes first, He is our creator, it is forbidden to shake hands, but if others do it, doesn't mean we have to follow.

you mentioned hard situation - and i have got one, your standing on the day of judgement answering to Allah about what you did in this dunya, and you are asked why did u shake somones hand, when you knew it was wrong, didn't you know, you would return to your Lord, and answer for your actions. What would you say then?

Would you risk shaking someones hand, for what is in the akairah - jannah?

shasha

Muslimah
Wa alaykum salaam :hijabi:

We should please Allah subhana wa taala and being polite and courteous to other people, Muslims or non-Muslims, also pleases Allah swt. Not everybody will understand why you don't want to shake hands with them. In fact, most non-Muslims will find it rude. The last thing you want is for them to generalize and think that all Muslims are rude. I treat all my communications with non-Muslims as an opportunity to make Dawah. If they think you're rude, you just ruined your chance to make Dawah. I don't initiate it but when the hand is already extended, are you just going to ignore it? I don't. What I do is I just say "I'd shake your hands but my hands are full (when I'm carrying something) or my hands are unclean (when I did some work in the kitchen or whatever) or I have colds (if I do have colds)." Or if you think that person is really understanding, then just tell them the reason why you can't.

Salaam :hearts:

Firdavs

Well to be honest i always hand shake with women from my family mainly no one else. If other girls or anything or women i say Salam from distance ... :)

DanyalSAC

I no longer shake hands with women I am not related to, and so far inshallah I haven't yet had reason to. But I've also developed the habit of not looking at a female coworker directly, and if she's walking towards me I will nod and say hello in a friendly manner but not flirtatious like the other men in my department (sometimes I think I'm working in a night club!). Once I had a female coworker tell me to "Chin up! Smile! Its not that bad!" because I kept my eyes averted when she walked by :p I did explain to her and she did understand though :)

searcheroftruth

Why is handshaking not allowed, and since it isn't, how do you greet another person? I know Assalam Alaikum (forgive me if that's spelled wrong, lol) but is hugging allowed? Or how do you greet non Muslims?

sistersalina

Sister shasha, I think your reasons are pretty good. Its not rude but at the same time you can get out if it. By the way, I love ur name..hehe

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
Why is handshaking not allowed, and since it isn't, how do you greet another person? I know Assalam Alaikum (forgive me if that's spelled wrong, lol) but is hugging allowed? Or how do you greet non Muslims?

First for all welcome to TTI, have a nice search-for-truthfulness here, if u have any doubt/problem jus ask ppl here they will be glad to help u. Ok lets go to the question, handshaking is not allowed between men and woman who are not muhrim (close relatives of the opposite sex). Why god forbid/not encourage us?its becoz to prevent Shaitan(devil) to poison ur mind(impure thought) or worst doing a bad thing(rape,adultery,molestation etc.) only god know, same goes with hugging. Because if somebody of opposite sex hugging each other, don u think u have some sort of urge or thought come to ur mind, im doubt if u dont have any of it, coz that is a reality of natural human being. That why islam forbid us doin it, our religion tend to prevent something bad from happen-as old saying "prevention better than cure".

How we greet ppl? For Muslim who meet another Muslim we greet them with salaam ("Assalamu alaikum.") and if muslims meet with nonmuslim we can simply greet them with normal greeting (hello,good morning etc.) and of coz we can greet hugging if u want to but with limit to same sex or muhrim.

i hope i answer ur Question. If somebody want to add more plz do so, let us clarify our visitor here...:)

shasha

Muslimah
Sister shasha, I think your reasons are pretty good. Its not rude but at the same time you can get out if it. By the way, I love ur name..hehe

Thank you, sister. You have a nice name, too. :hijabi:

Thanks for agreeing with me. Yeah, alhamdulilah I get out of it without being rude. I don't hurt their feelings and I get to stick our Din. :hearts:

kayenat

Dear according to islam just brother, husband, uncle both mathernal n father's brother, father,grandpa r the permenent moharam for women so in vice versa to men so it is forbidden shaking hand with any relative or non relative who s not muharam to us. if we do so its sin. hop u got your answer. jazakallah

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
once, a Sheikh told that when some women wants to shake hands with him, he say " i only shake hands with old and ugly women". so they get flattered and avoid shaking hands. :)

PS: but he's quite old. so if u r a young man dont use this formula. she might get over impressed and it could prove bad.