When Does Isha End?

shasha

Muslimah
Asalaam alaykum brothers and sisters. :hijabi:

I just want to know when does isha time end? I am a recent convert and I have asked several Muslims and they all gave me different answers. I am asking this question to know until what time can I pray Isha and when is the most desirable time to pray Isha and when does it become Makroo.

I am hoping someone can give me an answer and give me the reference of that reply.

Thank you very much in advance to those who will reply.

Salaam! :hearts:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Wa allaicum saalam dear sister

Welcome to Islaam,Mashallah.:hijabi: May Allah reword you.

Aisha radialahu anha has sais: Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s one night has pospone so long isha prayer,so that it passed half of night.After that he went out,prayed and said:this is her time(time of isha prayer),only I am afraid that I will make hard for my Ummah.

Abdullah bin Omer is narrating that Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s has said:" Do not let that bedunis take you that you do not call the night prayer (isha prayer) by her nime. She is called Al-isha in Allahs Book,becasue she is comeing in the time of darkness.

The right time of isha prayer sister is in the middle of night like Allahs Messanger s.a.w.s has said.When you hear Adhan for Isha prayer you can pray.But if you do not have mosques neer you than it is few hours away from Maghrib prayer,which is imediately after sun go behind.

I hope Inhsallah I could explain you sister.

May Allah bless you:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

cookiedough-123

delaying prayer

some say u can delay isha pray . its best to pray it on time sis. thats my best info

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”

al-Nisa’ 4:103

:tti_sister:

Amina 1

some say u can delay isha pray . its best to pray it on time sis. thats my best info

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”

al-Nisa’ 4:103

:tti_sister:

Assalam Alaikum

I agree with sister cookiedough123:hearts:

shasha

Muslimah
Thanks so much for your kind replies. :hearts:

About praying exactly on time, I did read about that in the Qur'an, too. But, as much as I would want to pray on time all the time, sometimes when I'm at work, it becomes difficult for me (I'm a doctor and I go on 24hour duty). And there are times when the hospital gets really busy at night. That's why I want to know when does Isha end so I can try to catch it. :tti_sister:

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. :hijabi: Salaam.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salams Sister, here is a fatwa by al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz from the Q and A isalm site.

Timing of ‘Isha prayer
This question is in reference to the timings of Isha Salat. There are various opinions regarding, when the time for offering Isha prayer expires. Some say that one can pray Isha till the Fajr Azaan is called, while others say that it expires at the time of "Tahajjud prayers". And finally some believe, that we are supposed to take the number of hours between Isha Azaan and the Fajr Azaan, and divide them into half, in order to estimate the last time for Isha prayer.
I know that prayers should be offered promptly and on time. Delaying a prayer without reason is not encouraged, but still it would be very beneficial to know the exact opinion on this issue.

Praise be to Allaah.

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 964). So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ah Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, 10/386

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

some scholars say that time is until fajr while some say its until midnight.

as men praying in masjid cant delay it, maybe women who pray at home can delay it.

Prophet (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “ If it were not to be hardship upon my nation. I would order them to delay the night prayer until a third or a half of the night had passed”.

Ibn Battal said: “ Now it is not suitable for Imams to delay because Prophet (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) ordered to make easy on Ummah, due to weak, ill, and needy people.

Ibn Hajar said: “If there is no hardship and no one among the praying people are bothering from its delay, then delaying the Isha prayer is better.

and Allah knows best.