what do you think?!

Agrzam

SALAM
besmi ALLAH
wasalat wa salam ala mohamed sala ALLAH alayhi wasalama
what do you think as brothers and sisters about somebody's IMAN(bealeive)wich goes up and down, for exemple I feel like I m having good relationship with my IMAN than few dayes later I go back again to starting point : from the beginine, Its like a car speed gauge sometimes it's going up sometimes down to even 0, I mean why ?beacause think ,I make my minde than i m like ok this time i stay than after 4 or 5 days I return to the same thing again and again ,you want details ok here is the details: when I m in state of IMAN I can read Quoran and pray good and listen to DOUROUSS(cours about religion knowlege)but other way when It switch in my minde again I do reverse I do not pary good i do not read Quoran, I do not listen to anything ,until this depression time passe than I go back to read again and pray good.
but i dont like it ,it s not good. please tell me what s going on exacly and how to prevent going back instead of going up.
wa salat ala MOHAMED RAHMATIN LIL ALAMIN.
salam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assakaamu Alaykum
You should pray to Allah (SWT) for Him to continue blessing you with faith and for Him to help you get out of that phase as soon as possible. It could be that he's just testing you, so ask Him to not place upon you a "burden that you can't bear".

Someone else could probably answer that question better than I. Sorry brother!

tdm

Assalamualaykum, brother!

Don`t worry, i think it is normal that emaan comes up and down. Syaytan is always there to battle with us. With the help of Allah, we will win!

I suggested that you take 15-30 minutes every morning (after wake up) and night (before going to sleep) to do rememberance of Allah. (repeatedly saying Lailahaillallah for example)

Perform your daily prayer and doa in time and if you could, do the night prayer as well.

InsyaAllah if you do this, shaytan could not be disturbing your emaan anymore! May Allah guide you brother!:SMILY346:

Umm3mar

Salam

Brother, it is interesting you used the example of a car.

Have patience with my example. I promise, I am not straying off topic.

Each time I buy gasoline, I reset the odometer to see how many miles I travel on a full tank. I have noticed when I am in the city from work to home, my car gets 160 miles to the tank. But, when I travel long distances, mainly on the freeway, I can go as much as 220 miles per tank.

Why? The constant speeding up and slowing down uses more gas. Accelerating consumes more gas than maintaining the same speed.

Can you achieve a similar result with your iman?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds as if this is your approach..

You don't pray or read qur'an for a few days, so you feel guilty. As a way to "make up" for being neglectful, you do extra prayer and extra reading, but soon you get tired and fall back to not praying/ reading again.

Is this correct? Perhaps if you maintain a level that is easy for you, you won't fall backward.

First, begin with the fard. Remember, nafl prayers are EXTRA, not substitutions. Make it your goal to pray all the required prayers.

A great time to read qur'an is before fajr. Even if it is only a hisb, try your best to read each day.

For example you can set the alarm at 5:30 a.m. if fajr is 5:45, then read for those 15 min.

Insha'allah this will help you

Noor to shine

:salam2: brother
I think that all of us suffer as you do since we have two inner enemies : Shytan and our own souls ......the battle is not easy since the enemies are within our ownsouls ...the only solution is that we try to have more faith in Allah swt and Islam by continuing study (Quran and Hadith), pondering, doing more good, purifying intentions, being with good muslem people.......The moment we feel satisfied with our ownselves and deeds are the most dangerous moments since it wil stop us from rising.......

:astag: :astag: :astag: :astag: :astag:

b_hanan

a short invocation or dua'a

:salam2: Here's an invocation or dua'a for you to recite (Qunut for Witr Prayer)..."Allahum-mahdinee fiman hadaita, wa 'aafini fiman 'aafaita, wa tawal-lani fiman tawallaita, wa baarik lee fimaa a'ataita, wa qinee sharra maa qadhaita, fa innaka taqdhee wa laa yuqdhaa 'alaika, innahu laa yathillu man waalaitha, (walaa ya 'izzu man 'aadaita), tabarakta Rabbana wa ta'aalaita."[ Oh Allah, guide me with those whom You have guided, and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength. Take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care. Bless me in what You have given me. Protect me from the evil You have ordained. Surely You command and are not commanded, and none whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated (and none whom You have taken as enemy shall taste glory). You are Blessed, Our Lord and Exalted.[Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasai, At-Tirmithi,Ahmad,Ad-Darimi, Al-Hakim and Al-Bahaiqi;Fortress of the Muslim,Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah-Darussalam].
:wasalam: :tti_sister: