Sufism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotpak

I've often seen Muslim's act in very strange ways from dancing around graves to beating their chests,such practises are commonly known as Sufism!!.Certainly we should remember Allah(swt) but why act in such strange ways to express our devotion!!?

I for one find this whole Sufism thing to be very uncomfortable and baseless.What do other's reckon??

zbhotto

Banned
My view

This is also a shia practice. Since they do not listen to argument even if crystal clear proofs from hadith and koran are given to them, Talaban is the right answer for them. I personally meet one sufi in my whole life. I ask them what is your way of islam. He replied we want to achieve Allah swt in a way Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had achieved. I said I do not understand your point can you clarify me more. He said, Prophet Muhammad (saw) achieved ALLAH's mercy by meditating 40 years in cave of Hera mountain. Similarly if you want to achieve ALLAH's mercy you have to meditate like Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). I said, what are saying? ALLAH's does not need any meditation. WHat He (SWT) loves has been mentioned in KORAN and HADITH? Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had not meditate after He received the revelation. You have to follow the commanmands of KORAN and HADITH.

You have no right to imitate the meditation of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). After all Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the last prophet. Sufism is such a corrupt ideology that from it shikism has come into existance.

Al-Indunisiy

Yet, I think not all Sufi's are like that. I've accountered a book written by a student of a Sufi sheikh, in the book (I forgot the title, it has something to do with British conspiracy to destroy Islam or something) he accused the British Empire of creating Sufi groups which indulge in heresies and bid3a so that the muslims will abandon them(such as what most Salafis do towards sufis). And thus the science of the heart would be abandoned.

Almeftah

Yet, I think not all Sufi's are like that. I've accountered a book written by a student of a Sufi sheikh, in the book (I forgot the title, it has something to do with British conspiracy to destroy Islam or something) he accused the British Empire of creating Sufi groups which indulge in heresies and bid3a so that the muslims will abandon them(such as what most Salafis do towards sufis). And thus the science of the heart would be abandoned.

True..

Sufi, Shia, Khawarij, Rawafidh.. all were caused by non-mulims who spread trials (Fitnah) between muslims of weak faith and poor knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.