Evolution test

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2: brothers and sister...

do you believe Evolution?....
i mean some people do not not people in evolution, and some people do believe in evolution..
so, do you believe in evolution?...

kiki18

no i don't, but as a Biologist to be i have to know the theory and concept. so, for me is not a fact, but a theory that many Biologist have assumed, because of similarities between creatures and also because of some questions not answered according to "science".

yafash

:salam2: brothers and sister...

do you believe Evolution?....
i mean some people do not not people in evolution, and some people do believe in evolution..
so, do you believe in evolution?...

Bismillahi Arrahman Arraheem.

As Muslims, We reject and completely disbelieve in the theory of evolution, besides it is just a theory someone put together. It is not a fact

Similarities among creatures just points to the Unity of their Creator.

Asalam alaykum

kiki18

Brother, don't take too long where you have to talk about hatred. And evolution IS a scientific theory.

kayleigh

I've been taught that the theory of evolution was really thought up by Muslim scientists and philosophers long before Darwin ever published his ideas.

I do believe in the theory of evolution, much like brother ayman has said, and I don't believe that it's incompatible with Islam.

q8penpals

Salam aliekum

I think there are 2 different arguements being over lapped with regard to the theory of evolution - 1 is that evolution (of ANY kind) exists, and 2 is whether we believe that humans evolved from primates.

Too many times, when the word "evolution" is thrown around, people ONLY think of "humans from apes".

So here are my thoughts....

1 - Evolution does exist - we can see that quite clearly in the way that we breed horses, dogs, camels, chickens, etc, to get the best features to appear more often. Many breeds of dogs have been literally "bred" - for instance, to get the pocket-sized chihuahuas, the breeders would take the smallest ones they could find and breed them, and then of that generation, find the smallest ones and breed them, etc etc. So the dogs EVOLVED into smaller dogs. It is seen in nature (untouched by humans) as well. HOWEVER, this does not mean that it wasn't part of GOD'S PLAN! I believe that evolution is GUIDED by God, not apart from God.

2 - As to humans coming from apes, that is a different matter. Even scientists call it the THEORY of human evolution because it is a THEORY. There are gaps in what they want to connect - perhaps the small human-like skeletons that have been unearthed were a completely different species that died out. But it is true (even by Muslim beliefs) that humans have EVOLVED (just not from apes) - Muslims are taught that Adam was 60 feet tall - well since humans are taller/bigger (in general) than they were about 1000 years ago, we can only assume that humans EVOLVED smaller for some time, and are now evolving taller. That has nothing to do with coming from apes.

The people who say we share so much DNA with primates (and, agreeably, there are a lot of physical similarities as well), forget that we share a large percent of our DNA with ALL MAMMALS.

So, to sum up my thoughts,

Evolution, yes;
Humans from apes, no.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Interesting dialogie with an evolutionists

:salam2:

Interesting dialogue with Evolutionists

Link --> http://www.salafimanhaj.com/zip/Dialogue.zip

"This is based upon actual discussions and interactions with evolutionists in our experience, so therefore this should not be merely viewed as a simplistic propaganda tract. We have come across those who have argued from the point of view of the evolutionist in this work and it is thus based upon actual experiences that we have encountered over the last ten years in da�wah."

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
One of my favourite theories from our evolution chapters in Science in school was the theory where one scientist took a dirty shirt, sprinkled some wheat grains on it, and left it in a dark locked room for 20 days. After 20 days, he opened the room, and lo and behold, there were rats on the shirt.

His theory was that: Dirty Shirt + Wheat + Dark room = Birth of Rats.

Right. Lovely theory. [/end sarcasm]

Evolution theories are just one way things "could have happened." Not necessarily what did. What do we say about all those humanoid and dinosaur fossils scientists keep digging up? I don't know.. its all a mystery.