How is your fast going?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Allahumma Ameen to all the Du'as. MashaAllah I am very happy to hear about your fasts.

As salamo alaikome....

Of course everyone else is having a great first day of Ramadan but my luck is typical for me. The fasting part is ok I just ate BEFORE Fajr this time like I am supposed to but then I found that the paper I got out of my email (which was sent to me by the masjid in my own area) has all the wrong times on it. In fact it is showing Asr prayer to be ONE HOUR LATER than what the normal time should be.

I usually get my prayer times off the website "Islamicfinder.org" and those are the times I have been following ever since I took my shahada. That is the same website I got my adhan from which I have downloaded to my computer so it goes off at the prayer times. Anyway the email that I got from the masjid in my area has all different prayer times and they added sahoor and iftar times on it which is the reason I chose to print it and follow it. Then after I began the fast this morning I was looking at the paper I printed out and I compared it to the adhan on my computer and realized the times are all off. So now Im very confused why the masjid in my area has different times than the adhan I downloaded and which I have been following all this time.

Another thing that happened today is that after I fasted and prayed and read Quran I fell back to sleep since I had the morning job off today (alhamdulillah) and I had nothing but bad dreams that kept waking me up! One of the dreams was that I was in a restaurant and I drank ALCOHOL (which I never even did BEFORE I was Muslim) then after I drank it I remembered my fast and thats when I woke up!!!!! Terrible dreams! Why is this happening to me on my first Ramadan??? I come here and read how happy everyone else is and I feel like Im a failure and Ramadan has just BEGUN!!!!!!

Sorry to complain. Its not the fasting that is bothering me obviously. THAT part is the easiest.......its all the rest making me feel bad! WHY?

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh sister Isra

I hope now you are clear about prayer times, with the help of other brothers and sisters.

As per bad dreams, yes I too have that problem in the first days of Ramadan in almost all the years. But different from yours. :)

All the bad dreams we see are from Shatan. We have the solution for this problem, thought by our prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam).

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A true good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan."

We should be very careful not to tell anybody about our bad dreams.

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

When we see a bad deram, we should change our side which we were sleeping. (If we were on left, we should turn right). Then we should spit 3 times to our left (its okey in having dry spitting) after saying, A'oodhu Billahi Minashshaitaanirrajeem (I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed Shatan). InshaAllah then it will not affect us badly as said by Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam).

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
As salamo alaikome....

Of course everyone else is having a great first day of Ramadan but my luck is typical for me. The fasting part is ok I just ate BEFORE Fajr this time like I am supposed to but then I found that the paper I got out of my email (which was sent to me by the masjid in my own area) has all the wrong times on it. In fact it is showing Asr prayer to be ONE HOUR LATER than what the normal time should be.

I usually get my prayer times off the website "Islamicfinder.org" and those are the times I have been following ever since I took my shahada. That is the same website I got my adhan from which I have downloaded to my computer so it goes off at the prayer times. Anyway the email that I got from the masjid in my area has all different prayer times and they added sahoor and iftar times on it which is the reason I chose to print it and follow it. Then after I began the fast this morning I was looking at the paper I printed out and I compared it to the adhan on my computer and realized the times are all off. So now Im very confused why the masjid in my area has different times than the adhan I downloaded and which I have been following all this time.

Another thing that happened today is that after I fasted and prayed and read Quran I fell back to sleep since I had the morning job off today (alhamdulillah) and I had nothing but bad dreams that kept waking me up! One of the dreams was that I was in a restaurant and I drank ALCOHOL (which I never even did BEFORE I was Muslim) then after I drank it I remembered my fast and thats when I woke up!!!!! Terrible dreams! Why is this happening to me on my first Ramadan??? I come here and read how happy everyone else is and I feel like Im a failure and Ramadan has just BEGUN!!!!!!

Sorry to complain. Its not the fasting that is bothering me obviously. THAT part is the easiest.......its all the rest making me feel bad! WHY?

Salaamalaikum Sister Tree..

We are not responsible for what we see when we arent conscious. So please dont feel low because of it.

For terrible dreams/nightmares, you should recite Surah Al Falaq (113), Surah Al Nas(114) and Surah Al Ikhlas(112) all 3 times before sleeping.

Plus recite Ayatul Qursi (Verse of the throne Surah Al Baqarah (2) Verse #255).

Also recite last 2 verses of Surah Al Baqarah (2) Verses # 285 & 286

With the mercy of Allah swt, you will have a peaceful sleep with pleasant dreams Insha'Allah tallah sister.

Don't worry. You are doing fine Masha'Allah. Smile sister:)

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum

its hot and humid here ,,,,, so fasts are not easy ,,went to masjid for Zohar prayer and lost quite alot of water ,

other than that ,have been house bound ,,
and Alhamdulilah really loving the day , fasting is the best thing , and Ramadan is my favourite time of the year so really having a great time , lol have spent my fist fast sleeping through half day , and listening to recitation of Quran ,on www.fastramadan.com

so this is it
people im in reall need of your prayers so please remember me in your prayers ,,,please please ,

May everyone of you have best of ramadan

IslamicGirl24

Wa alaikome salam.....

Well actually I spoke too soon about how my first day of Ramadan was going. By the time I got to my job I had decided to wear hijab out in public for the very first time so I was a bit nervous but that went VERY well. I figured out which time line to go by so that issue was solved and I worked an entire 8 hours during my fasting and that went very well too. By the time I was actually able to break the fast I really didnt even WANT to!!!! hahaha

My first day of fasting Ramadan was EXCEPTIONAL!!!! I should have waited until today to comment on it. A few bad dreams.............no big deal compared to how well the rest of the day went. I was worried for nothing.

Thats so nice to hear, sister. InshaAllah your remaining fasts will be even more better.
May Allah swt reward you. Ameen.

DanyalSAC

My fasts are going about what I expected. I get up early and fix a suhoor that is low in sodium and caffeine (no coffee!) because they both make one thirsty. But I wasn't entirely sure when one is to put his plates away and stop eating... I know that the Prophet peace be upon him use to delay the adhan until as late as possible during Ramadan, yet it seems that in today's world we no longer do this. The adhan for Fajr at my area is at 05:11 AM (for now) and we pray Fajr at 05:30, yet sunrise isn't for almost an entire hour... this morning it was at 06:23. When we pray Fajr its still fully dark! So I'm at a loss for when I am to stop eating...some say at the adhan, some say when I pray Fajr, and some say when the sun is visible as a "white line". Between the adhan and dawn/sunrise is about an hour and 20 minutes. That's a lot of extra time that could be used for stuff like sleeping...

But that aside, my fast went well...alhamdulillah for the hadith that says if one accidentally breaks his fast he should continue it and consider what he's eaten or drank as a gift from Allah because our masjid has fig trees growing on the perimeter & I was so overjoyed at seeing a ripe one yesterday just before dhuhr prayer that I popped it in my mouth before I realized "OOOPS!".

We did the breaking of the fast together as a congregation yesterday, with paper plates of dried dates set at regular intervals on the floor, and 2 brothers handing out milk... when the adhan came we all dug in and then went in and prayed Maghrib.

After Maghrib the entire congregation - probably about 200 of us at least, both men and women (they were on their side with the children under 7) ate iftar of chicken & rice.

I don't think I could stay for all 8 rakat of our nightly Taraweh prayers though because I have to get up early to go to work - I don't get to rest after Fajr. We started Taraweh on Friday night; we did 8 rakats and then prayed witr and one other single rakat prayer with a dua - not sure what the name of that one was - and didn't get out of there until 11:30 PM, and I had to wake up at 4 AM the next day. Ouch!!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
My fast is going very well:mashallah:! My kids and I are fasting, especially my 10 year old who is doing her full days, mashallah!

Ramadan Kareem!:hijabi:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
We are on our 3rd day of fasting @ time I'm writing this. The weather in normally hot Malaysia has been very helpful coz it has been raining since 1st Ramadan. Alhamdulillah. My 5 year-old son took sahoor with us and tried to fast but only managed until 11am when he saw some snacks...he he.

revert2007

Love Fishing
well now cairo time is 2.12am.waiting for fajr.will have sahur with father in law n mother in law insyaAllah....
this is my 3rd ramadan since i convert to islam...and Alhamdulilah this is the best Ramadan in mylife and i will never forget it....it is great to have all of u in mylife this ramadan...Alahmdulilah.....insyAllah we meet in Jannah...Ameen :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
we did 8 rakats and then prayed witr and one other single rakat prayer with a dua - not sure what the name of that one was - and didn't get out of there until 11:30 PM, and I had to wake up at 4 AM the next day. Ouch!!

:salam2:

I think what you are mentioning here is 8 rakah taraweeh. Then it is followed by witr which is 2 rakah + 1 rakah with dua. This is the way Shafe'e people do it if my memory serves me right. So the 2+1 (with the dua) is the witr.

Hope this clarifies it. :)

Ramadan Mabrook to you.

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum

Its start of day three here MashaAllah everything has gone great so far MashaAllah sis Tree2008 i hope the rest of your Ramadan goes Great too inshaAllah :hearts:

i get the feeling Ramadan is going too quick before i know it its time to break the fast :girl3: i wish Ramadan was longer but Alhamdulilah i hope everyones fast is going well and hope you all enjoy this Ramadan :hijabi:

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Allahumma Ameen.

MashaAllah its really wonderful to know that Ramadan is going well with all of you.

Sister Shaheeda and brother Hard Rock Muslim, you both made me :) really. Yeah kids are wonderful in most of their things. Last time, my youngest brother managed to keep patient till sunset even though there was a little "mom! when is sun setting? I'm very hungry now!" some days. I think in two days, he broke fast after keeping it very close to Maghrib too. May be 2 hours. LOL. But kept crying and crying until he managed to fill up. :) This time, I do not know what he is doing yet. On the first day, he was not fasting.

Okey lets talk about my fasting. Alhamdhulillah fasts are going very well (much better than any other year). However, had a BIG problem yesterday. Hitting the bed on 10:30pm after Taraweeh (I did 8 Ra'ahs with Imam that night), I managed to sleep on around 12:15am. Then woke up again on 2:45am. Got freshen, ate Suhoor and went Masjid on around 3:15am. Came back at 5:30am and slept with my phone alarmed to 8:00am. But........yeah I was not able to WAKE-UP. I woke-up on around 9:20am which is already 20 minutes late to office. Got very sad and called my supervisor and said I could not attend office. :(

So what I did today was, asking my brothers and sister to call me EVERYDAY AT 8:00AM. So that I will be able to attend office on time. And yeah its good today. :)

Ebn-El-Islam

Ramadan Mubarak :)

It's going pretty good but It's very hot here in Lebanon about 37C. I eat and go to Masjed to pray I keep wake up untill 4:30 Am then i sleep and I wake up at 10AM. (Because it's summer here).

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
My fast is going well :) Alhamdulillah. Theres just one thing that i've been trying to find out for a few days. Is it ok to have a shower during fasting hours? Is it permissible to wash the whole body and hair during fasting hours?

Jazakallahu

IbnAdam77

My fast is going well :) Alhamdulillah. Theres just one thing that i've been trying to find out for a few days. Is it ok to have a shower during fasting hours? Is it permissible to wash the whole body and hair during fasting hours?

Jazakallahu

Yes my sister. there is no problem in it. Islam is the Religion of Purity and cleanliness. Even you are fasting, you can take showers as many times as you wish. :)

um_mustafa

sister in Islam

Jazakallahu

Salams sister here is some info on taking a bath when fasting , Ramadan Mubarak

It is permissible for the fasting person to take a bath
Does taking a bath break the fast?.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for the fasting person to take a bath, and that does not affect his fast.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni, 3/18:

There is nothing wrong with a fasting person taking a bath. He quoted as evidence the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (1926) and Muslim (1109) from ‘Aa’ishah and Umm Salamah, that Fajr would come and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would be junub (in a state of impurity) following intimate relations with his wife, and he would do ghusl and fast.

Abu Dawood (2365) narrated that one of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) pouring water over his head when he was fasting, because of thirst or heat. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

It says in ‘Awn al-Ma’bood:

This indicates that it is permissible for the fasting person to seek relief from the heat by pouring water over part or all of his body. This is the view of the majority, and they did not make any distinction between ghusl that is obligatory and that which is recommended or permissible.

Al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Chapter on fasting person bathing: Ibn ‘Umar wetted a garment and threw it over himself when he was fasting, and al-Sha’bi entered the hamam (baths) when he was fasting… and al-Hasan said: There is nothing wrong with the fasting person rinsing out his mouth and cooling himself off.

Al-Haafiz said:

The fact that he called his chapter “Chapter on fasting person bathing” shows that it is permissible. Al-Zayn ibn al-Muneer said: He called it bathing (ightisaal) so as to include that which is Sunnah and obligatory and permissible, as if referring to the weakness of the report narrated from ‘Ali, which says that the fasting person is not allowed to enter the hamam (baths). This report was narrated by ‘Abd al-Razzaaq but there is some weakness in its isnaad.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
Asalamalikum

Alhamdulilah , it is going so well for me and my family!!

my first day was good mashallah ...and i also went for Taraweeh and inshallah i will daily go masjid/mosque for Taraweeh..

MAY ALLAH ACCEPT OUR PRAYERS ...AMEEN!!