Don't be just Ramadan Muslims

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

did u come across this term : ramadan muslims. the ramadan muslims have specific features. praying fard salah and going to masjid only in ramadan. reciting Quran and helping others only in ramadan. they quit smoking, TV only in ramadan.

of course we try to increase our good acts in holy month of ramadan, but the basics duties of Islam is for everyday and every month and not just Ramadan.

PS: i am not dividing the muslim community in two groups, etc but the message is to inform all my brothers and sisters that we should be good muslims all over the year.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
hmm assalam alaykum I know many moslems that are only ramadan moslems, and to me ramadan is very important, it's a blessed month and we may be forgiven of all our sins this month depending on how we approach and treat this month, this is the first ramadan I am actually fasting and keeping to, and I have a good feeling if I can fast and not listen to music or watch tv or do things that do not benifit me but take me farther away from Allahs remembernce for this month, what can stop me from keeping this up for longer then just ramadan. Insh'Allah those who claim to be ramadan moslems will learn sooner then later, what keeps me going is thinking what if I were to die today or tomorow, what will I say to Allah ? that I was unaware? but I am fully aware so there is no excuse to not seek more knowledge and try my best to be the best moslem !! lol
peace be with all of you

Ebn-El-Islam

yeah you are right. we have to think that "We Pray for Allah" not for "Ramadan's Allah" only.

but people tend to do good things in Ramadan only , because everything you do will be multiplied by Allah. :)

slave_of_Allah

Subhana'Allah. What you have mentioned is absoultely correct. It makes me think about where this world is coming to, and the state of our hearts.

My soul feels pain and discomfort when it sees another soul worshipping Allah ONLY in one month of the year. Truly out Lord deserves every second of our lives. How can others souls be so blind to turn away from Allah after Ramadhan, do they not feel anything in their hearts.

How it saddens me to know there is souls like this in the dunya, I pray that Allah helps us to live our lifes in the best manner according to Islam, and protects us from all the evil within this dunya. Aameen. I pray to Allah to keep our souls purified for Him, all year round. Aameen.

Ya Allah, help us to come closer to You, so we can forget this dunya, so that our souls can remain alive and purified for You. Ya Allah, surely the day to meet You is very close, help us to preapre for it. Aameen.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Very good thread. I was thinking about it. Last Friday while was driving back home I was listening to the radio (Islamic channel). One of the segment was called "Salam Masjid", masjid ppl all over the country may call and make announcement. One Allah's slave called in and informed that they have just started a new musollah in one new residential area. The one made me sad was he was inviting ppl to come for Tarawih prayer. Someone walking towards masjid during isha time, if I asked where are you going his answer will be "Tarawih prayer". No even one person will say he is going for isha prayer and also Tarawih. It has been a culture here, we will have full house for Tarawih but not for fard salat. The other point is Ramadan greatly celebrated in the Middle East, I was told. We have opposite situation here. Ramadan is moderately celebrated but Eid being celebrated for the whole month of Syawwal. Very very sad.

zbhotto

Banned
Points to be noted

:salam2:,

did u come across this term : ramadan muslims. the ramadan muslims have specific features. praying fard salah and going to masjid only in ramadan. reciting Quran and helping others only in ramadan. they quit smoking, TV only in ramadan.

of course we try to increase our good acts in holy month of ramadan, but the basics duties of Islam is for everyday and every month and not just Ramadan.

PS: i am not dividing the muslim community in two groups, etc but the message is to inform all my brothers and sisters that we should be good muslims all over the year.

We should not insult to those who are ramadan muslim. Instead we encourage them to transfrom from ramadan muslim to fulltime muslim. If we insult them for being ramadan muslim they might end up with no muslim at all, which none of us would desire. So, welcome the ramadan muslim and encourage them to be fulltime muslim.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
We should not insult to those who are ramadan muslim. Instead we encourage them to transfrom from ramadan muslim to fulltime muslim. If we insult them for being ramadan muslim they might end up with no muslim at all, which none of us would desire. So, welcome the ramadan muslim and encourage them to be fulltime muslim.

insult? no brother..u misunderstood my intentions. why i will mock at others and that too in this month? maybe they are much better than me.

when ulama show concern about this matter, are they insulting or backbiting them? of course not..they are just raising awareness in the ummah.

all i wanted to share was "lets be good muslims always".

:)