Hey everybody

Elise

Hiya,

I'm Elise from Amsterdam (Netherlands). I'm not a Muslim yet, but I am seriously considering it. I come from a non-religious background but have myself always been interested in it. For the last six years I've read a lot about different religions (both the learning and the history). None had convinced me 'till I came to Islam.
I came to this forum to learn as much as I can from people who have gone through the same process and to learn more about how to put the religion into practice (prayer, etc.)
In daily life I know very few muslims. Have one good friend who is and she also helps me as much as she can in my search for knowledge. My fiance is also muslim, but I haven't told him yet I'm thinking of 'joining him'. He has never pressured me, we rarely even talk about religion. He accepts me for who I am. But I know it would make him very happy. I stress the part of not being put under pressure because from most people I know that's the first reaction to all people who turn to Islam. A very annoying prejudice. Even within my circle of friends in the beginning I had to defend my having a relationship with a Moroccan muslim. From the beginning they said to me that he would force me to become a muslim etc. It really makes me unhappy when people I consider as friends would think I am so weak that I can be forced into anything. But they don't know I was searching for the truth since long before I met my fiance. When I convert (or 'revert' as I see a lot on this forum) I do so because I WANT to and I BELIEVE in what I do.

Well, it's quite a long story.. Couldn't stop writing once I started :SMILY231:
It's great finally having an outlet.
So, hope to learn lots.

Thank you and lots of love to everyone,
Elise

cookiedough-123

welcome

welcome sister to this site

i love that u are honest .
remember ALLAH knows best. im a revert myself i know quiet a few sisters from the netherlands and there reverts too. if u could pm me ur email i would be happy to suggest something for u inshALLAH. i would pm u mine but i dont know how to pm on here it wont let me for some reason hehe. or maybe i silly not to figgure it out lol *!*!*!. hope to hear from u sis khadijah *!*!*!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Greetings Elise,

Welcome to the family of TTI.

Please do not hesitate to start new threads, post in existing threads and/or asking any question(s) that may arise.

InshaAllah (God Willing) you will see all the brothers and sisters over here are very helpful.

Move forward step-by-step. Never forget to ask ANY questions that may arise. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

thinking of being a muslim
one innocent question-
what r u waiting for :)

this is a beautiful time to be one.
happy ramadan
and welcome sister.

six years is a long time.millions of people have been born and millions have vanished knowing about islambut not accepting it.
this is for everyone reading it muslims and non muslims and me as well-

lets make a choice.

a_stranger

You are most welcome:

Don`t worry a lot about people , when your intention is pure to please your Lord and your heart is sincere towards the creator, ideas of people will mean less, Islam teaches people to correct their relation with the creator of all, when we are sincere Allah will make things easier.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Heeeeeyy!! :D

That is GREAT news sister!, mashaAllah!

So So SoOoOoO happy to hear that, may Allah bless you.!

Take cre
Wassalaam! :D

zainali

assalamualikum
welcome to this site sister , may allah guide u to the rite path ameen , may allah bless u for ur eagerness to learn islam alhamdulilah ,
sister no one can force u , as quran itself says that there is not compulsion in religion , its allah how is guiding u to the rite path no one else , i wish and hope that u find here what ur looking for and also all ur questions are answered as such there wont be any doubts in ur mind about islam , i wish u all the best in life .

Elise

Thank youuuuuu

:hearts:

Thank you, everyone, for your support and wellwishes :SMILY126:
Today was my first official day of Ramadan and it was a great feeling.
I can only hope that everyone is as happy as I am now.

Love you all,
Elise

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Salaaaam :):)

Congarulations sister :):) :) I am soooo happy for you ;)
Inshaallah everything will be so easy and great with you :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

COngratulations Sister Elise.

May Allah swt reward you and keep you in his guidance and protection Ameen.

Sister, feel free to ask us questions. We are all here to learn from one another, so feel free.

And welcome to TTI :)

:wasalam:

hassana elkoussi

:SMILY252:

MashaAllah congratulations dear sister:jumpclap::jumpclap::biggrin::biggrin:

May Allah make everything easy for you & accept all your good deeds.:tti_sister: Ameen

:hearts::hearts: