Manner of Prophet (PBUH) at Iftar

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

can someone educate me how Prophet (PBUH) used to open his fast ?

Ive been openning my fast by eating dates and then pray Magrib and then eat rest of the iftar ??
is that the right way of the sunnah is different

Thank You so much
JazakAllah khair

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Wa'alykum Salaam Wa'rehmatullah,

You might like to read this article: http://www.rasoulallah.net/subject_en.asp?hit=1&parent_id=675&sub_id=9047

More related part:
It is encouraged to break your fast as soon as it is permissible to do so. The Prophet (pbuh) would hasten to break his fast. Sahl ibn Sa`d reported that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "The people will not cease to be upon good as long as they hasten in breaking the fast." (Bukhari and Muslim).

It is reported that the Prophet (pbuh) would also break his fasts with dates as do 86.5% of the survey participants; this is a Sunnah that is well followed by Muslims today. Anas Ibn Maalik said: "The Prophet (pbuh) used to break his fast with fresh dates before he prayed. If he did not find fresh dates then with dried dates. If there were no dried dates then with a few sips of water." (Abu Dawood)

Imam Ibn Qayyim Al Jauziyah states in his book "Healing With the Medicine of the Prophet" that breaking the fast with dates "is a wise decision, because fasting empties the stomach of food. Thus the liver would not find any sufficient energy that it could transfer to the various organs. Sweets are the fastest foods to reach the liver, when one eats ripe dates the liver accepts it, benefits from it and then transfers the benefit to the rest of the organs of the body."

After this process the body is ready to accept and digest additional food. Thus ideally, one should break their fast with a date and after praying the Maghrib prayer, they should continue with their meal. This gives the body ample time to prepare itself for the sudden increase in food intake. Fifty eight percent of respondents to the survey stated that they eat their meal after the Maghrib prayer.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Glad it'd been of some help. Alhamdulillah. And, thanks - that's nice of you to say such good words about silly me.

www.rasoulallah.net is a very good (shortcut) resource about the Prophet (pbuh)'s life. Masha'Allah. I find the website very helpful. Hope it goes the same for you, Insha'Allah.