Please help

:salam2:

Ramadhan Mubarak to all.
I wanted to ask if there is any specific dua to pray after namaz? I pray tasbih-fatima and the four quls and asma al husna. That is all i know.
I dont know what to say after this? I know it is not enough. Please give me some dua/s.

Also i wanted to ask..I have seen many people wipe their hands over their face after dua. Is this ok? If not.How do I finsh my dua?

Please help. So confused over little stuff

Jazakallah x

muharram23

Staff member

Ramadhan Mubarak to all.
I wanted to ask if there is any specific dua to pray after namaz? I pray tasbih-fatima and the four quls and asma al husna. That is all i know.
I dont know what to say after this? I know it is not enough. Please give me some dua/s.

Also i wanted to ask..I have seen many people wipe their hands over their face after dua. Is this ok? If not.How do I finsh my dua?

Jazakallah x

Salamu alaykum

what is tasbih Fatima? Also, it is not from sunnah to wipe ur face after making duah.

Allah knows best

Wassalam

The tasbih of Fatimah is a form of dhikr of Allah

Fatimah's Tasbih
Ali (R.A.A.) once said to one of his pupils: 'Shall I tell you the story of Fatimah (R.A.), the dearest and the most loved daughter of the Prophet (PBUH)?"

When the pupil replied in the affirmative, he said: "Fatimah (R.A.) used to grind the grain herself, which caused corns on her hands. She carried water for the house in a leather bag, which left a mark on her breast. She cleaned the house herself, which made her clothes dirty. Once some war-captives were brought to Madinah; I said to her, 'Go to the Prophet (PBUH) and request him for an assistant to help you in your housework.' She went to him, but found many people around him. As she was very modest, she could not be bold enough to request the Prophet (PBUH) in the presence of other people."

The next day the Prophet (PBUH) came to our house and said, "Fatimah! What made you come to me yesterday?" She felt shy and kept quiet. I said, "O, Prophet of Allah! Fatimah has developed calluses on both her hands and breast, on account of grinding and carrying water. She is constantly busy in cleaning the house and in other domestic jobs, causing her to remain dirty. I informed her about the captives and advised her to go to you and make a request for a servant. It has also been reported that Fatimah (R.A.) made a request, "I and Ali own only one bedding and that also is a skin of a goat. We use it in the morning to put the feed of the camel." The Prophet (S.A.W.) said,

"Fatimah! Be patient. The Prophet Moses (A.S.) and his wife owned only one bedding, which was the cloak of Moses. Fear Allah; acquire Taqwa--(the fear that arises out of love. When we love Allah so much that we become very God conscious and we want to please Him all the time) and keep doing your service to Allah and attend to your domestic jobs. When you go to bed, recite 'Subhanallah' 33 times, 'Alhamdulillah' 33 times, and 'Allahu akbar' 33 times. You will find this more helpful than an assistant."

Fatimah (R.A.) remarked, "I am happy with what Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) would be pleased."

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaykum.
You can recite "Astaghfirullah" 100 times as this is Sunnah and also Darud Shareef (Allah humma salle alla...) on your fingers.

muharram23

Staff member
The tasbih of Fatimah is a form of dhikr of Allah

Fatimah's Tasbih
Ali (R.A.A.) once said to one of his pupils: 'Shall I tell you the story of Fatimah (R.A.), the dearest and the most loved daughter of the Prophet (PBUH)?"

When the pupil replied in the affirmative, he said: "Fatimah (R.A.) used to grind the grain herself, which caused corns on her hands. She carried water for the house in a leather bag, which left a mark on her breast. She cleaned the house herself, which made her clothes dirty. Once some war-captives were brought to Madinah; I said to her, 'Go to the Prophet (PBUH) and request him for an assistant to help you in your housework.' She went to him, but found many people around him. As she was very modest, she could not be bold enough to request the Prophet (PBUH) in the presence of other people."

The next day the Prophet (PBUH) came to our house and said, "Fatimah! What made you come to me yesterday?" She felt shy and kept quiet. I said, "O, Prophet of Allah! Fatimah has developed calluses on both her hands and breast, on account of grinding and carrying water. She is constantly busy in cleaning the house and in other domestic jobs, causing her to remain dirty. I informed her about the captives and advised her to go to you and make a request for a servant. It has also been reported that Fatimah (R.A.) made a request, "I and Ali own only one bedding and that also is a skin of a goat. We use it in the morning to put the feed of the camel." The Prophet (S.A.W.) said,

"Fatimah! Be patient. The Prophet Moses (A.S.) and his wife owned only one bedding, which was the cloak of Moses. Fear Allah; acquire Taqwa--(the fear that arises out of love. When we love Allah so much that we become very God conscious and we want to please Him all the time) and keep doing your service to Allah and attend to your domestic jobs. When you go to bed, recite 'Subhanallah' 33 times, 'Alhamdulillah' 33 times, and 'Allahu akbar' 33 times. You will find this more helpful than an assistant."

Fatimah (R.A.) remarked, "I am happy with what Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) would be pleased."

salamu alaykum

where is that hadith recorded so i can find it?

barakallahu feek
wassalam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamu alaykum.
You can recite "Astaghfirullah" 100 times as this is Sunnah and also Darud Shareef (Allah humma salle alla...) on your fingers.

is it really sunnah to say Astaghfirullah 100 times after namaaz?

could u pls site the source and authenticity of this? it'll be really helpful.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

pls stick to the authentic Dua's.

saying Astaghfirullah - 3 times
tasbih fatima
Ayat Al Kursi - once
Surah Ikhlas, Falaq and Naas - once (except in Fajr and Maghrib - 3 times each)

for more authentic ones:
http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_downloads/resources/fortification_of_the_muslim.pdf

different opinions. some say its allowed and some say not allowed.

The_truth

Ramadhan Mubarak to all.

Jazakallah x

Asalaamu alaikum wr wb, here are some dua's after Salah:

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/dua1/dua_after_salah.html

http://www.duas.org/namaz.htm

Please remember me in your dua's. Jazakallah

muharram23

Staff member
I got it from the book Faza il-e-aamal by Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Zakariya Kandhalvi..Stories of Sahabah

Salamu alaykum

jazakallahu khair but it is well known that the book fazail Amal has many fabricated story. Especially many stuories about the companions are not authentic. We should stick to the stories transmitted through authentic narrations thar are recorded in the six books bukhari, Muslim,ahmad, ibn majah, abu davood and tirmidhi. Of it has no basis in these six books, we should not accept it. That is why I am not familiar with tasbih of Fatima. However, the thikr mentioned in that story is correct. But we should say " it is from sunnah to say 33 times subhannallah, alhamdullilah, allahu Akbar, 3x astagfirullah ayatul kursiyy, etc but we should not call it tasbih of fatimah if the authenticity is uknown otherwise we spread lies about the prophet :saw:.

But if you look in that book does it have who records this narratin?

Hassan al Basri , a great Tabi' and a muhaddith who learned from the sahabah is known for his quote " isnaad(chain of narration in Hadith)is from the religion. If it was not for isnaad, everyone would say what he wanted". meaning making stuff part of the religion which is not from it.

Also, well known Hadith from Aisha ra who said in a Hadith recorded by both bukhari and Muslim " who ever introduces in our matter (islaam) that which is not from it shall have it rejected".

Muhammad ibn Sirin is known for his qoute " this religion is knowledge, so becareful who you get your knowledge ( ofislaam) from".

Barakallahu feekum

Allah knows best

wassalam

Salamu alaykum

jazakallahu khair but it is well known that the book fazail Amal has many fabricated story. Especially many stuories about the companions are not authentic. We should stick to the stories transmitted through authentic narrations thar are recorded in the six books bukhari, Muslim,ahmad, ibn majah, abu davood and tirmidhi. Of it has no basis in these six books, we should not accept it. That is why I am not familiar with tasbih of Fatima. However, the thikr mentioned in that story is correct. But we should say " it is from sunnah to say 33 times subhannallah, alhamdullilah, allahu Akbar, 3x astagfirullah ayatul kursiyy, etc but we should not call it tasbih of fatimah if the authenticity is uknown otherwise we spread lies about the prophet :saw:.

But if you look in that book does it have who records this narratin?

Hassan al Basri , a great Tabi' and a muhaddith who learned from the sahabah is known for his quote " isnaad(chain of narration in Hadith)is from the religion. If it was not for isnaad, everyone would say what he wanted". meaning making stuff part of the religion which is not from it.

Also, well known Hadith from Aisha ra who said in a Hadith recorded by both bukhari and Muslim " who ever introduces in our matter (islaam) that which is not from it shall have it rejected".

Muhammad ibn Sirin is known for his qoute " this religion is knowledge, so becareful who you get your knowledge ( ofislaam) from".

Barakallahu feekum

Allah knows best

wassalam

Should i not read this book? Oh dear i had got most intrested and it is the only book i could manage to find as i live in a very non practising area. I dont like to rely on internet material for the same reason that i dont know how authentic it is. Its all very confusing :(

No unfortunately it does not mention the narrator of this nor any other hadith for that matter
Jazakallah
:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

Should i not read this book? Oh dear i had got most intrested and it is the only book i could manage to find as i live in a very non practising area. I dont like to rely on internet material for the same reason that i dont know how authentic it is. Its all very confusing :(

No unfortunately it does not mention the narrator of this nor any other hadith for that matter
Jazakallah

lessons in that book which can motivate u for good deeds are allowed to read. but it should not be against Quran and sunnah.

eg. there are many unusual stories like a pious person reading 2000 rakats of prayer daily. we almost know that its false. but if it can make u desire to pray more...its ok inshallah.

and also u can download free authentic books frm http://www.islamicbulletin.com/services/all_ebooks_p1.aspx
like prophet's biography, sahaba's life, etc.

lessons in that book which can motivate u for good deeds are allowed to read. but it should not be against Quran and sunnah.

eg. there are many unusual stories like a pious person reading 2000 rakats of prayer daily. we almost know that its false. but if it can make u desire to pray more...its ok inshallah.

and also u can download free authentic books frm http://www.islamicbulletin.com/services/all_ebooks_p1.aspx
like prophet's biography, sahaba's life, etc.

Jakallah for the correction. May Allah reward u in this life and the hereafter.

The_truth

Jakallah for the correction. May Allah reward u in this life and the hereafter.

Asalaamu Alaikum wr wb, This kithab was compiled by Hazrath Shaikh Zakariya (Rahimahullah). It consists of Aayaats of the Quran, Ahadith, stories of the Sahabah and stories of the pious predecessors that explain the virtues of good deeds. The object of the book is to encourage the Muslims on doing good deeds, and not to explain any ruling of Shari’ah.

Shaikh Zakariya (Rahimahullah) was not the first to write a kithab of this manner, but the likes of this kithab have been written by the authors of the past, like Kithab-u-Zuhd by Abdullah bin Mubarak (Rahimahullah), Fadhaiulul Quran by Imam Shafi’ (Rahimahullah), Al Adabul Mufrad by Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullah), Al Targheeb Wal Tarheeb by Ibnul Qayyim Munziri (Rahimahullah), etc.

Some objections made against Fazail-e-A’mal:

1.A common comment made against Fazail-e-A’mal is that some of the narrations mentioned in it are weak and fabricated. This comment is not totally correct, as there are no fabricated narrations in this book. There are dha’eef (weak) narrations in Fazail-e-A’mal. However, it is important to point out that the word dha’eef, literally translated as ‘weak’, is a terminology and should not be understood in its general sense. Its application is based on the rules explained in the sciences of hadith. Moreover, weak narrations are not acceptable only in regards to aqeedah and the rulings of Islamic jurisprudence. Majority of the scholars have accepted weak narrations as far as virtues of good deeds are concerned. Even Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullah) has brought weak narrations in his book, Al Adabul Mufrad, which shows that he also accepts weak narrations in regards to virtues of good deeds.

2.Some scholars claim that there are such narrations in Fazail-e-A’mal, especially in Fazail-e-Durood, that prove that the author had beliefs of shirk and believed in the Omnipresence of Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). These are false allegations made against the author, who was one of the most prominent scholars of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah.

Firstly, such allegations are made mostly by Arab scholars, who are unaware of the difference between the Deobandis and the Barelwis. They regard both these groups to be one, as both of them are from , and attribute the beliefs of Barelwis to the Deobandis. It is some of the Barelwis who believe in grave-worshipping and the Omnipresence of Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and these beliefs have been attributed to the Deobandis. Some of these Arab scholars, like Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah), retracted from what they said after the actual situation was explained to them.

Secondly, the author has mentioned references for each and every narration or incident he has mentioned. Therefore, any comments regarding these narrations or incidents should be attributed to the author of the reference provided, as Shaikh Zakariya (Rahimahullah) has absolved himself by giving the reference.

Thirdly, most of the incidents mentioned in Fazail-e-Durood are of pious predecessors. It is incorrect to say that these are fabricated Ahadith, as the word Hadith is used for the sayings of Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). It is also incorrect to confirm the beliefs of the author through these incidents, as the object of the author was only to emphasise on the virtues of durood mentioned in them.

Moreover, most of the incidents mentioned are dreams, and no rulings of Shari’ah can be derived from dreams. It is farfetched to confirm someone’s faith from a dream, of another person, mentioned in his kithab.

In the present day climate it is often opined that the usage of Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth is forbidden in Islam and there is a genuine move amongst certain circles to purge the Hadeeth collection of Weak (Da’ef) narrations. Although the opinions and Fatawa of certain Scholars (of the past and present) can be presented in support of this position (of discouragement) towards the usage of Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth, nevertheless there exists an overwhelming majority of Islamic Scholars (from Salaf & Khalaf) who not only permitted its usage but their publications contained these (i.e. Weak Narrations) in abundance. Furthermore from the opinions and practises of the Ulama of the past we can also glean that usage of Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth is preferred over Qiyas (deduction/analogy) and in matters where no Authentic Narration exists.

It may be argued by some that shouldn’t Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth be avoided anyways? The answer is that if it was good enough for the Masters of Hadeeth, Kibar Ulama and Muhadeetheen to use it and no attempt was made to purge the Hadeeth collection of their existence, then why should it be attempted by us? The actions of Ulama (of the past) will make it clear that it is not a crime to use weak Ahadeeth, provided that rules set forth by the Muhadeetheen are followed.

If we look at the examples of Imam Bukhari (RA) in “Al Adab Al Mufrad” and Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah’s book “Alkalimut-Tayyib” which both contains many weak Ahadeeth the case in point being that Ameerul-Muhadetheen Imam Bukhari (RA) was the Master of Hadeeth and clearly knew the difference between Authentic (Saheeh) and Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth YET he chose to use the later in a book of Fadhail (virtues); Al Adab Al Mufrad is read, taught and practised by the Ummah for generations with the full knowledge that it contains Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth, although attempts have been made to “purge” the book from its Weak (Da’ef) Ahadeeth but the original manuscript is still widely available and used. Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah’s book “Alkalimut-Tayyib” has been revised by Shaykh Al-Albani (RA) as “Saheeh (Authentic) Alkalimut-Tayyib” & “Da’ef (Weak) Alkalimut-Tayyib”, nevertheless the original manuscript remains in vogue.

It is no surprise that even in our present day and age, there are many such people whose sole purpose and object is to confuse, complicate and puzzle the minds of the ordinary masses. They will make big claims and call themselves whatever they wish to, but alas! Their aim and target is to corrupt the beliefs of people, so as to leave them in utter bewilderment. Such beliefs which have been clearly and explicitly expounded by Allah Ta’ala in the Qur’aan and which have been explained to us in the Ahaadith by Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam), but alas! Not only do they deny such beliefs, instead they wish to brainwash the minds of others to fall into the trap that they have been mislead into (may Allah Ta’ala guide and save us all, Aameen)

Sister don't let anyone deter you from reading this wonderful book and gaining motivation from it to do good deeds. Let no one slander the pious people from the past which are mentioned in the book to have done 2000 rakats who is anyone to deny that there were people like this? We have to be careful what we say lest we stand on trial on the day of judgement for our slanderous words.

If the greatest Muhaditheen like Imaam Bukhari (Ra) and the greatest scholars of our times Ibn Taymiyyah (Ra) themselves and MANY other great scholars used similar hadith for the purpose of emphasising virtues deeds then how is Fadaa'il a'maal any different? Its sole purpose is to motivate and it does the GREATEST job in doing that so continue to read it sister and don't let people deter or confuse you because trust me in this deen you will find MANY who will. May Allah guide us to the right path. Ameen.

Inshallah i have continued reading it and have must say got most if not all of confidence/encouragement from this book..

But true say.*dont let people deter or confuse you because in this deen you will find many who will*.sometimes i feel as if its all going downhill again and instead of correcting, i doubt myself.. manage to make it worse for myself untill ive realised its too late.

Inshallah Allah give us the heart and hope to always stay strong and true to our imaan. Ameen

The_truth

Inshallah i have continued reading it and have must say got most if not all of confidence/encouragement from this book..

But true say.*dont let people deter or confuse you because in this deen you will find many who will*.sometimes i feel as if its all going downhill again and instead of correcting, i doubt myself.. manage to make it worse for myself untill ive realised its too late.

Inshallah Allah give us the heart and hope to always stay strong and true to our imaan. Ameen

Allahumma ameen

I just thought i would paste these links for you and others to benefit from so that we can the maximise the amount of good deeds that we can do in the rest of this month and throughout the year. Please remember me in your duas.

Simple Good deeds for All of us to do everyday!

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54226

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60167

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47335