URGENT

yameenahmed

Asalamualikum......
I Have a small doubt regarding this matter:

I entered masjid when FAJAR Salah was going on..... and i also joined the Salah with out offering SUNNAT and later on i.e.., after salah i offered the sunnat and one person came and "he told that you should not offer the sunnat after FARAZ you should offer it[SUNNAT] even when FARAZ is going on............

So please give me the correct answer if possible then with exact quotes............... Allah Hafiz

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
if fard salah is going on and u have enough time to pray sunnah, then pray sunnah and join the jamaat.

but if u fear that fard can be over soon, u join fard salah and then pray sunnah.

u cannot pray any nafl prayer after fajr until sunrise but u can pray sunnah of fajr if u left them.

Shield

Asalamualikum......
I Have a small doubt regarding this matter:

I entered masjid when FAJAR Salah was going on..... and i also joined the Salah with out offering SUNNAT and later on i.e.., after salah i offered the sunnat and one person came and "he told that you should not offer the sunnat after FARAZ you should offer it[SUNNAT] even when FARAZ is going on............

So please give me the correct answer if possible then with exact quotes............... Allah Hafiz

we alaikumusalam,

I think you did the right thing, you should join in with Fard if it was in progress, and leave sunnah for later.

brother ahmedindian, I didn't know you cannot pray nafilah after fajr. Why is that?

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

The one who misses the Sunnah prayer before Fajr may offer it after Fajr prayer.

The evidence for that is the report narrated by al-Tirmidhi (422) and Abu Dawood (1267) from Qays ibn ‘Amr who said:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out when the iqaamah for prayer had been given, and I prayed Fajr with him, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) finished and found me praying. He said, “Take it easy, O Qays. Two prayers together?” I said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I did not pray the two rak’ahs before Fajr.” He said, “No, then.” According to the version narrated by Abu Dawood, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) remained silent.

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Al-Khattaabi said:

This shows that the one who misses the two rak'ahs before the obligatory prayer may offer them after the prayer, before the sun rises.

End quote from ‘Awn al-Ma’bood.

It says in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi:

“Two prayers together?” is a question in the sense of denouncing, i.e., two obligatory prayers at the time of one obligatory prayer? Because there is no naafil prayer after Fajr.

“No, then.”

Note:

It should be noted that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “No, then,” mean: there is nothing wrong with you offering these two rak'ahs at that time. This is indicated by the report of Abu Dawood, where it says, “and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) remained silent.” And ‘Ata’ ibn Abi Rabaah narrated that a man of the Ansaar said: “He did not say anything to him.” Al-‘Iraaqi said: its isnaad is hasan. And a version narrated by Ibn Abi Shaybah says: “He did not tell him to do that or tell him not to do it.” And a version narrated by Ibn Hibbaan says: “he did not denounce him.” The reports explain one another.

:salam2:

Phoyage

Salam Alykiom,
The same thing happens at Salat AlJummah. Thank fully our Imam cleared it up.
When I walk into the masjid for Salat Al Jummah and the Athan starts going, some people stand and wait for the Athan to finish and the speech to start before praying there 2 rakat.
The Imam said this was wrong because The Athan was Sunni while the speech was Fardh so your allowed to pray during the Athan.
And Allah Knows Best
Hope that cleared it up :)
EID MUBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK Soon