Time sensitive answer.........

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome......

Sorry for the urgency about the answer to this question but I just now thought to ask and I am in a huge hurry to get to work. I am working now in that store as my only job so this week they put me on the night shift :girl3:

Anyway I am not able to make my prayers in the right time in that dirty place with nowhere to pray. I was wondering is it ok to pray the 3 that I will miss while working BEFORE leaving the house for work???? I mean like now I can pray ZUHR, ASR & MAGHRIB which I will be working through and then do the ISHA one when I get home tonight.

My big question is usually I pray the fard and sunnah at the same time but someone told me if I am doing the prayer at a different time then what I am supposed to (either early or late) that I am only supposed to pray the fard.

I want to be sure before I make any mistakes. I need to know if I should just pray the fard or is it ok to pray the fard and sunnah????

Please help if you know.................and ASAP............I need to do them all within the next 30 mins!!!!

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I dont know about this, Sometimes there are things that is just out of our hands. Maybe Allah SWT will only punish you when you miss a prayer deliberately when you have a chance to pray but you dont .Like me when im at home and nothing to do and when like salat El-Duhr starts I dont pray it immediately and sometimes I pray it like an hour or two later :astag: so thats bad. But in your case where there is no place to pray or no time to pray then maybe your excused. After all You really do want to pray and Allah SWT knows that. And you probably will make up the prayers after you return from work .

Allah SWT knows best !!!

Hope more brothers and sisters can give more answers

almanea

giving some one the wrong medication

dear brother

if some one ask any thing about his Islamic practice let some one refer hime to some knowledgeable person or an authentic web site where he can get the right answer for his problem .i have seen some brother and sister jumping to give unauthentic advise to some brother and sister it is just like giving some one your medication to use . so be aware of that your advise is to that brother or sister is amamnh{ and you will be responsible for what you have said}in the day when you face your creator

Islam!!yay

dear brother

if some one ask any thing about his Islamic practice let some one refer hime to some knowledgeable person or an authentic web site where he can get the right answer for his problem .i have seen some brother and sister jumping to give unauthentic advise to some brother and sister it is just like giving some one your medication to use . so be aware of that your advise is to that brother or sister is amamnh{ and you will be responsible for what you have said}in the day when you face your creator

I was just giving my opinion

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
As salamo alaikome......

Sorry for the urgency about the answer to this question but I just now thought to ask and I am in a huge hurry to get to work. I am working now in that store as my only job so this week they put me on the night shift :girl3:

Anyway I am not able to make my prayers in the right time in that dirty place with nowhere to pray. I was wondering is it ok to pray the 3 that I will miss while working BEFORE leaving the house for work???? I mean like now I can pray ZUHR, ASR & MAGHRIB which I will be working through and then do the ISHA one when I get home tonight.

My big question is usually I pray the fard and sunnah at the same time but someone told me if I am doing the prayer at a different time then what I am supposed to (either early or late) that I am only supposed to pray the fard.

I want to be sure before I make any mistakes. I need to know if I should just pray the fard or is it ok to pray the fard and sunnah????

Please help if you know.................and ASAP............I need to do them all within the next 30 mins!!!!

Eid Mubarak to you my dear sister Isra,

If you miss Sallah e.g. as you said ZUHR, ASR & MAGHRIB then you are required to pray qaza for Fard only. Only missed Fard sallah is required to makeup. You don't have to makeup the Sunnah and Nafil. But you can pray Sunnah and Nawafil if you want, it is not forbidden.
Hope this answers your question.
:wasalam:

misalat

As far as islam is concerned, you can not join all these three prayers in a go... even if you are travelling.

you can only join : zuhur with asar and magrib with isha ... either forward or delayed. meaning pray both zuhur and asar together at zuhur time or delay to Asar time to join both together .... Fajar can not be joined with any other.

as per your place of work is dirting i don't think is a valid reason. you can pray in any possition and state if you have no choice.

Allah knows best.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Ok now I am happy. I actually cried before going to work tonight which may seem pretty silly to most of you for someone to cry about missing a prayer but really I never missed one since I started praying after taking my shahada so the mere thought of missing one of my prayers was very devastating to me.

Anyway I am happy now because I prayed Zuhr and Asr before leaving for work (Asr of course was 2 hours early but the intention was good) and then I was at work on my break (which came at almost exactly Maghrib time) and I found a clean place in the back of the store which nobody used so I was able to pray Maghrib in the store in the right time and the only problem is I didnt have anything to cover my hair or a rug to put down. I prayed the fard and sunnah for Maghrib and even though I wasnt in the correct clothing and had no prayer mat I felt really good afterwards because I believe Allah will forgive me since my intention was really good.

Next time I am at that job and I need to pray I will bring the scarf at least so I can put that on and then I wont feel so bad. The floor was tile and it was clean. I hid myself behind some boxes and it was the storage room in the back where nobody really comes in there. I felt safe praying there.

I was able to do Isha at home even though it was an hour late.

Jazakallah khairan for all of your advice and support. I feel much better now.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
As salamo alaikome

Ok now I am happy. I actually cried before going to work tonight which may seem pretty silly to most of you for someone to cry about missing a prayer but really I never missed one since I started praying after taking my shahada so the mere thought of missing one of my prayers was very devastating to me.

Dear sister, it is not silly. It is a state that me and others strive to be in. All I can say is Masha'Allah and be in awe in admiration. :)

The floor was tile and it was clean. I hid myself behind some boxes and it was the storage room in the back where nobody really comes in there. I felt safe praying there.

I dont know about the atmosphere of the place where you are working, but wouldnt be a good idea that you speak to your supervisor about praying Obligatory prayers ?

Maybe he/she would agree to give you a 5-10 minute break (you can make it up later) and even a good spot/place to pray :)

I was able to do Isha at home even though it was an hour late.

There is no problem in that Insha'Allah. We can delay the Isha prayer by an hour. :)

Jazakallah khairan for all of your advice and support. I feel much better now.[/COLOR][/FONT]

That's great. Alhumdulillah :)

Allah hafiz

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I am sooooo happy that you were able to pray and didn't miss your prayer. Mabrook !!! siister.

Brother misalat is correct that you cannot combine 3 prayers togather. But what I was refering to was if you miss 3 prayers one after another then you can pray qaza of the obligatory (fard) prayers.
But as misalat said, you cannot plan ahead and combine 3 prayers at one time.

Anyways... How was your Ramadan? Was it difficult?

I cried on the last rakah of Asr prayers on Saterday (last fay of Ramadan) that these are my last sajdahs for the month of Ramadan. I made it long and prayed for the forgiveness of myself and my greater family. the Ummah.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I dont know about the atmosphere of the place where you are working, but wouldnt be a good idea that you speak to your supervisor about praying Obligatory prayers ?

Maybe he/she would agree to give you a 5-10 minute break (you can make it up later) and even a good spot/place to pray :)

As salamo alaikome brother....

You know I thought about talking to my supervisor about this and I am sure they would have to make it easy for me but after what happened in that other job when I really was fooled into believing they were accomodating towards me and then they fired me it really scares me and Im afraid to even mention Islam or anything about it at my job. I really cannot afford to lose this job too because then I will be homeless for sure.

The atmosphere in that store where I work is the same sort as Walmart which most people in the states know since Im pretty sure there is a Walmart in every state. It is huge with food as well as clothes and pharmacy.....even big items like furniture and tv's. You get the idea. Anyway the room I chose to say my prayers in is wayyyyy in the back in a separate storage room where they keep the extra supplies. Nobody came back there the whole time I was praying and it was a dimly lit area with a bunch of boxes and stuff..........real quiet. I was able to say my fard and sunnah prayers for Maghrib and nobody ever came by. All I needed was the veil and the prayer rug to make it perfect.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I am sooooo happy that you were able to pray and didn't miss your prayer. Mabrook !!! siister.

Brother misalat is correct that you cannot combine 3 prayers togather. But what I was refering to was if you miss 3 prayers one after another then you can pray qaza of the obligatory (fard) prayers.
But as misalat said, you cannot plan ahead and combine 3 prayers at one time.

Anyways... How was your Ramadan? Was it difficult?

I cried on the last rakah of Asr prayers on Saterday (last fay of Ramadan) that these are my last sajdahs for the month of Ramadan. I made it long and prayed for the forgiveness of myself and my greater family. the Ummah.

Wa alaikome salam

You know this was my first Ramadan as a Muslim and really before it began I was sooooooo worried wondering if I would be able to do it or not. I sailed through the entire month with no problems other than severe thirst at times but still I dealt with it just fine. I found a few times when I was planning the Iftar meal that I was bothered a little and as I cooked a few times I almost licked my finger but caught myself at the last moment. All in all I think I did a pretty good job for it being my first time and I am very proud of myself for sticking with it the whole time.

I was surprised to find myself feeling as you did with tears in my eyes as I said the last prayer before breaking the fast on that last day. It surprised me because at some points I was so looking forward to it being over and then when it was over I felt sadness and a sense of loss.

I used to be a coffee fiend.........had to have one cup every day or I felt I couldnt function. I stopped drinking coffee for Ramadan and it has surprised me that I dont even want a cup now. I remember thinking in the beginning of Ramadan coffee would be the one thing I would miss so much and the first thing I would do is have a cup once Ramadan is over. I havent had one cup of coffee yet! :muslima: