New member here and Shahada tomorrow

irwinleslie

I am a female living here in the US. I was brought up Catholic and remember going to church every Sunday but I remember being taught that God is a punishing God, and have horrendous memories of the Priest there practically screaming at the congregatation. After my father passed when I was twelve, my family didn't go to church on a regular basis and I pretty much pushed the whole religion concept out of my life. I spent many years doing reckless things like drinking, drugging, and being promiscuous. To get to the point, everything came crashing down on me a couple years ago due to consequences of what I had done. I attended twelve step programs which enforced that I get in touch with a higher power, whether it be God, Allah, or anything to help me stop using. For so long I had pushed God away and was trying to control my life. Even though I found a Higher Power, I've been going through a tremendous amount of stress which caused me to lose that connection. I got a wake up call and a voice told me I needed to start praying again and reconnect to th God of my understanding. I began researching all kind of religions and found the Qu'ran. It's like my eyes woke up out of nowhere! I am taking my Shahada tomorrow and although I am frightened (due to "brainwashing" from Christianity about my sins), I'm also excited. Talk about a long, boring post. If you've read this far thanks for your patience! Look forward to reading more on this site. I'm so glad I found it :)
Sincerely,
Leslie in US

hassana elkoussi

MashaAllah sister, congratulations on your decision to follow the right path. You'll be surprised at the hapiness and the peace of mind Islam can offer. I'm so happy for you and if you need any help with Quran, plz let me know.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Peace be upon YOU sweeetyy:D:D:D:D
first of all.....tightest HUG to you gurlie:D:D:D:D

I am so so so glad you have joined the Millions of Muslims around the Worrldd!!!!:D:D:D
I am glad that you're my sister !!!!:D
and your post?? you said it was boring.........I tell you what, it was so so so interesting, I personally LOVE to read how people were led to Islam!!! though yours was brief, it had it's OWN spice and uniqueness, :D:D:D:D:D
I feel so so happy for you:D
hey by the way, would you mind telling us, how tommorow goess, when inshaAllah(God willing)you come back from the Shahada???:D
thanks in advance:D
o0hhh.........look at me LOL I forgot to say welcome:D
weelll, I guess I'll say it now;)
WELCOME TO TTI and to OUR family:D
I hope you benefit from here, and that we benefit from YOU:D:D:D:D:D
HUGGIIESS!!!:D:D:D:D

irwinleslie

Peace be upon YOU sweeetyy:D:D:D:D
first of all.....tightest HUG to you gurlie:D:D:D:D

I am so so so glad you have joined the Millions of Muslims around the Worrldd!!!!:D:D:D
I am glad that you're my sister !!!!:D
and your post?? you said it was boring.........I tell you what, it was so so so interesting, I personally LOVE to read how people were led to Islam!!! though yours was brief, it had it's OWN spice and uniqueness, :D:D:D:D:D
I feel so so happy for you:D
hey by the way, would you mind telling us, how tommorow goess, when inshaAllah(God willing)you come back from the Shahada???:D
thanks in advance:D
o0hhh.........look at me LOL I forgot to say welcome:D
weelll, I guess I'll say it now;)
WELCOME TO TTI and to OUR family:D
I hope you benefit from here, and that we benefit from YOU:D:D:D:D:D
HUGGIIESS!!!:D:D:D:D
You are so sweet! I'd be more than happy to tell you guys how it goes!! I'm actually doing it over the phone/internet with a wonderful fellow who is the mod of another forum. I have no Muslim contacts here so I didn't even know this was an option. My biggest apprehension? I'm afraid I'll cry and choke up. I'm so emotional about everything and especially Islam. Silly me, wondering about crying, like Allah would not accept me for that! I watched a young lady take here Shahada on you tube. She was crying, I was crying when I watched, so yes, I'm very emotional. Thank you for the beautiful post!! Huggies back at you! You are in MN! Nice to meet you, as you might see I'm in Albuquerque, NM!!

May peace be with you and Praise to Allah. I am so happy now I'm going to cry!!

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
Masha'Allah :)
Alhamdulilah you made the best decision
welkom to ISlam and TTI
Enjoy your stay insha'Allah
nd peace be with u

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum

MASHA ALLAH

this is beautiful

Best wishes sis for the coming days
and May Allah make it easy for you

lol remember us in your prayers ,,

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Peace be upon you. :)

Welcome to the family of TTI.

MashaAllah you have given the best news I got in days. Allah says that all our sins will be forgiven when we enter Islam. Move forward step by step. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that may arise. InshaAllah (God willing) you will see all the members over here are very helpful.

Hoping to hear about your Shahada soon.

Best wishes.

A Kashmiri

Welcome to TTI,

Congratulations on becoming a muslim and tomorrow once you take shahada you will be free of all sins like a new born child.

I pray to Allmighty Allah to help you in practising islam in the way Allah commanded us & Our beloved Prophet taught us and keep you safe from the evil of Shaytan ( Satin).

Masallama:)

Maha*

Asalamu alikom sister!

You have done the best decision of your life thanks Allah! I'm so happy for you! May Allah keep faith firm in that most beautiful heart of yours (all your posts show how beautiful you are, honestly :hearts:) and make it easier for you. As for being emotional, I think it's absolutely great! :) So cry all you want! There's nothing better than crying for finding Islam, I say! I could even cry that you found Islam hehe! :D It's so touching, honestly. All these revert stories bring me to tears. May Allah guide all the non-Muslims too.

Hope you don't mind me adding you on MSN, and please, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask!

I love you in Allah! :hearts:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I am a female living here in the US. I was brought up Catholic and remember going to church every Sunday but I remember being taught that God is a punishing God, and have horrendous memories of the Priest there practically screaming at the congregatation. After my father passed when I was twelve, my family didn't go to church on a regular basis and I pretty much pushed the whole religion concept out of my life. I spent many years doing reckless things like drinking, drugging, and being promiscuous. To get to the point, everything came crashing down on me a couple years ago due to consequences of what I had done. I attended twelve step programs which enforced that I get in touch with a higher power, whether it be God, Allah, or anything to help me stop using. For so long I had pushed God away and was trying to control my life. Even though I found a Higher Power, I've been going through a tremendous amount of stress which caused me to lose that connection. I got a wake up call and a voice told me I needed to start praying again and reconnect to th God of my understanding. I began researching all kind of religions and found the Qu'ran. It's like my eyes woke up out of nowhere! I am taking my Shahada tomorrow and although I am frightened (due to "brainwashing" from Christianity about my sins), I'm also excited. Talk about a long, boring post. If you've read this far thanks for your patience! Look forward to reading more on this site. I'm so glad I found it :)
Sincerely,
Leslie in US

Ohhh sweetie .. you made me very happy while reading ur words !!
I'm feeling happy for you
May Allah guide u to the right path and keep u on it
Please honey , Feel free to ask whatever u want here we are all ur sisters & ur brothers

Fatima :)

muthmainnah

Allahu Akbar!
Alhamdulillah, you've just made the best decision in your whole life by becoming Muslim.
Do you know what the prophet Muhammad salallahu alaihi wassalam said to someone who embrace Islam? He said that our sins in the past are forgiven! You become like a baby, so pure without any sins.
Welcome to Islam my sister, it doesn't matter if there is no muslim except you in your community, your ARE NOT ALONE, you have ALLAH...so don't be worry, dear sis. We pray that Allah strengthen your iman, and always help and protect you. Ameen
Big Hug from me, your sister in Indonesia ^_^

PS: here is another great islamic site for a revert muslim like you: www.islamreligion.com

irwinleslie

Asalamu alikom sister!

You have done the best decision of your life thanks Allah! I'm so happy for you! May Allah keep faith firm in that most beautiful heart of yours (all your posts show how beautiful you are, honestly :hearts:) and make it easier for you. As for being emotional, I think it's absolutely great! :) So cry all you want! There's nothing better than crying for finding Islam, I say! I could even cry that you found Islam hehe! :D It's so touching, honestly. All these revert stories bring me to tears. May Allah guide all the non-Muslims too.

Hope you don't mind me adding you on MSN, and please, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask!

I love you in Allah! :hearts:
You are so kind, thank you! I've always been emotional about anything I'm passionate about so obviously I'm never been this emotional before because of my newfound passion of Islam:hearts:

I'm glad you added me! That's why I put that info on my profile because I'd love to meet any new Muslims and chat, etc..

Have a super day! Or is it night there...lol..Time zones very confusing..

Salaam

Pharma_Sister

Asalaamoalaikum wa'rahmatullahi wa'barakatuhu.

Welcome to TTI and welcome to the Muslim Family :SMILY206:

Inshallah all will go well tomorrow.

Subhaanallah your story really touched me and believe it or not I am actually sobbing a little with joy (I'm currently at work so can't jump up and down in my chair for happiness like a child - lol, Inshallah I will do that when I get home). Alhamdulillah. I was actually having a crapy type of day here, but you have totally lifted my spirits :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't worry Sister, people do get emotional and it's what's in your heart that counts. Rely on Allah SWT to help you though life and the rest is history.

Best wishes once again.

From your Sister in the UK,
x