hijab

Status
Not open for further replies.

azra firdose

:salam2:
i would like to know what is the actual and correct way of doing hijab , i mean i alhumdullilah have been following it .. but i ain't sure if its the correct way... should the face,wrists and the feet also be covered completely?? if yes..please quote the reference from the holy QUR'AN ...it would be great help:shymuslima1:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

welcome to TTI.....

actually hijab is not just about covering ur hair. many women wear tight tops and jeans and cover their hairs and think that hijab is complete. thats wrong!!!

hijab: wearing simple (not attractive) clothes.
loose and not tight
covering everything except face and hands upto wrists.
not transparent
no perfume/makeup

* feet can remain uncovered according to hanafi school.
* scholars say to cover face also if there is fear of temptations.

http://islamic-world.net/sister/hijab_in_quran.htm
http://www.muhajabah.com/whyhijab.htm

AbdulhaqqMumin

Salam alaikom

First, I want to comment on your statement to provide the statements specifically from the Qur'aan. We as Muslims have to except the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. They are inseparable and both cited when making rulings. For example, no one would say teach me to pray only with references from the qur'aan as that is not possible. We need qur'aan and sunnah just like we need food and water.

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

The root of the discussion is what the meaning of the word "Juyoobihinna" is. Below are some ahadeeth on the matter:

It was narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to say: When these words were revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – they took their izaars (a kind of garment) and tore them from the edges and covered their faces with them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4481

It was narrated from ‘Urwah that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray Fajr and the believing women would attend (the prayer) with him, wrapped in their aprons, then they would go back to their houses and no one would recognize them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 365; Muslim, 645.

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Abi Bakr said: We used to cover our faces in front of men.

Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah, 4/203; al-Haakim, 1/624. He classed it as saheeh and al-Dhahabi agreed with him.

Pharma_Sister

Asalaamoalaikum sis,

Alhamdulillah there is a really good website on hijaab written by a sister (I used to refer to it alot before I put on the Hijaab):

http://www.muhajabah.com/index.htm

But the general consenous is that hijaab is covering all of your body (minus the face and hands to the bare minimum). The clothing cannot be tight, it must be loose, non-transparent, with no embroidery or colours that will attract someone's attention (i.e. non-mahrams). Hijaab also constitutes one's behaviour aswell, the way they carry themselves, etc.

There are actually 7 conditons of Hijaab (unfortunately I can't remember all of them - can anyone here help?)

Hope this is of help to you.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
]

But the general consenous is that hijaab is covering all of your body (minus the face and hands to the bare minimum). .

Minus Face and hands is ONLY while praying .. praying in front of women but praying in front of men u have to cover them

It was narrated that Asma’ bint Abi Bakr said: We used to cover our faces in front of men.

Yes Excellent !
I'm certainly cover my face .. but about ppl whom live in Non-Muslim countries .. I think they have another rules .. bcz covering face it may harm them

Allah knows the best :)

Pharma_Sister

Minus Face and hands is ONLY while praying .. praying in front of women but praying in front of men u have to cover them

Jazzak Allah Khair for your info above sis, but when I mentioned that the bare minimum is that the face and hands can be shown is due to the majority of Sheikhs that have responded to questions by sister's living here in the West and wanting to know whether it is fard or mustaahab. If I am wrong, then please forgive me :shymuslima1:

Personally I think that sisters should wear the niqaab as the beauty of the sister is in her face (this is only secondary to her Imaan as Imaan is the core of the individual), and this (face) should be shown only to her Mahrams who would appreciate it rather than just any male. But then unfortunately there are problems that arise when one even tries to put it on and complete the appearance of the Hijaab e.g. rejection by society, parents and family, etc. :girl3:

Inshallah may we be given the opportunity to perfect our Hijaab and stay steadfast on our beautiful deen, Ameen.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

Jazzak Allah Khair for your info above sis, but when I mentioned that the bare minimum is that the face and hands can be shown is due to the majority of Sheikhs that have responded to questions by sister's living here in the West and wanting to know whether it is fard or mustaahab. If I am wrong, then please forgive me :shymuslima1:

Personally I think that sisters should wear the niqaab as the beauty of the sister is in her face (this is only secondary to her Imaan as Imaan is the core of the individual), and this (face) should be shown only to her Mahrams who would appreciate it rather than just any male. But then unfortunately there are problems that arise when one even tries to put it on and complete the appearance of the Hijaab e.g. rejection by society, parents and family, etc. :girl3:

Inshallah may we be given the opportunity to perfect our Hijaab and stay steadfast on our beautiful deen, Ameen.

Well ... as I said may be you as ppl live in non muslim countries have another rules
in my society evey woman covers her face so it's not a strange thing :)

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
no sis..hands, and hair are must...
if you want to cover your face, then its optional,not fard..

Who says that ? Hejab is to hid woman's beauty from Men .. where do you think the beauty is ? In her Hair or her Face ?

Please 2 all : Before anyone say his opinion about something about religion he must be sure .. random fatwa is not allowed in Islam

:)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Who says that ? Hejab is to hid woman's beauty from Men .. where do you think the beauty is ? In her Hair or her Face ?

Please 2 all : Before anyone say his opinion about something about religion he must be sure .. random fatwa is not allowed in Islam

Assalamu allicum

Dear sister please do not post your own subjective opinion over needed references from Quran and Sunnah,and please do not say that wearing niqab is fard over wearing hijaab Alhamudlillah. Covering hair and the whole body is fard but not covering the face.

The most of us are agreed that wearing hijaab is only fard.And sister,you wish to say that the sister who is wearing proper hijaab but she is not covering her face too is showing her beauty to a man.:astag:. The most of beauty of women is covered with hijaab.

Please do not bring your own conlusions. We are folowing that for what are agreed almost all Islamic schools which is that hijaab is fard Alhamdulillah but not niqab. You can not take only one fatwa and consider it as right. If some sister wish to wear niqab it is her choice mashallah,but it is not fard. And Allah subhan we teala knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

:wasalam:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamu allicum

Dear sister please do not post your own subjective opinion over needed references from Quran and Sunnah,and please do not say that wearing niqab is fard over wearing hijaab Alhamudlillah. Covering hair and the whole body is fard but not covering the face.

The most of us are agreed that wearing hijaab is only fard.And sister,you wish to say that the sister who is wearing proper hijaab but she is not covering her face too is showing her beauty to a man.:astag:. The most of beauty of women is covered with hijaab.

Please do not bring your own conlusions. We are folowing that for what are agreed almost all Islamic schools which is that hijaab is fard Alhamdulillah but not niqab. You can not take only one fatwa and consider it as right. If some sister wish to wear niqab it is her choice mashallah,but it is not fard. And Allah subhan we teala knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

No my dear , I don't force anyone to accept my opinion , I just say the right Islamic view as what I studied , al 7amdulillah here we study much much Islamic subjects at schools so I have a good knowldge Ma sha Allah ;)

Well , you want proofs ? here it's for u :

In Arabic
http://www.islamqa.com/ar/ref/11774

The English Translation :

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11774

you'll say some scholars say you can discover ur face ? they say that for old women ..

Or if you want the strongest proof .. you have to read the ayah in Arabic :

﴿يا أيها النبى قل لأزواجك وبناتك ونساء المؤمنين يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن﴾.

The word ( Youdnena ) mean covering from Up to Down that means it includes the face ;)

I don't think after Allah's words we can follow other words !

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Sister, Esselamu aleikum

You just find one view and then say it is the correct view? You know the site, islamqa.com, has taken the side of the MINORITY in many issues, amongs them Hijaab.

MAJORITY are of the view that covering the face and hands are NOT obligatory, amongst them the muhadith Nasiruddin Albanee (ra).

And the islamqa is clearly following saudi scholars blindly. If you say women are covering the face in saudi arabia, then remember women arent even allowed to drive there, yet it is known it is permissible to drive for women and in the whole world it is as that except in Saudi arabia.

What relation between Hejab and Driving ?!!!!! it's another thing !!

about following Saudi scholars , they follow them bcz they are right and they understand the texts very well and they know random fatwa is a way to the HELL so they will NEVER say things while they are not sure !!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
No my dear , I don't force anyone to accept my opinion , I just say the right Islamic view as what I studied , al 7amdulillah here we study much much Islamic subjects at schools so I have a good knowldge Ma sha Allah ;)

Well , you want proofs ? here it's for u :

In Arabic
http://www.islamqa.com/ar/ref/11774

The English Translation :

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11774

you'll say some scholars say you can discover ur face ? they say that for old women ..

Or if you want the strongest proof .. you have to read the ayah in Arabic :

﴿يا أيها النبى قل لأزواجك وبناتك ونساء المؤمنين يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن﴾.

The word ( Youdnena ) mean covering from Up to Down that means it includes the face ;)

I don't think after Allah's words we can follow other words !

:salam2:

No dear sister. We are folowing the opinion of the most Islamic Ullema when wa say and accept Alhamdulillah that hijaab is fard which menas obligatory for Muslim women,and that niqab is not fard. It is only part of Sunnah. Mayority of Ullema agrees upon this.

If you dear sister,and few schoolrs more dissagree upon mayority and that what is right than that is only your subjective opinion.

There are clearn evidences from Quran and Sunnah that have been brough on this thread,and the one that is clossed now that only hijaab is obligatory for us,but from other side there is no any clear proove that covering face is complusory in Islaam. And Allah Almighty knows the best.Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s was sent to explain us the ayahs,and he explained us Alhmadulillah what means the ayah which you have posted.

And regarding IQA,it is not completaly valid source for ceratin Islamic issues.

Alhamdulillah I also have knowledge,and since we have been children our teachers,mothers,grandmothers thought us that only hijaab is fard for us. And Alhamdulillah I am pleased with that Allah commend.

If you sister wish to wear niqab mashallah it is your choice,but for me personaly my proper hijaab is must and enough ,and there is no need in trying to impose your subjcetive,personal opinion over objective one.

To add more,I completely agree with everything that brother enver_dunjaluk has said.

This isue has been disccussed many times before and there is no need in repeating it over and over again when everything is more than clear and Allah knows the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.