MAkkah has no political weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hallaaku-Khan

Although saudi arabia has the two most important sites in islam, makkah and medina. however the political significance of islam has always come from baghdad, damascus or al-qahira.

hassana elkoussi

Although saudi arabia has the two most important sites in islam, makkah and medina. however the political significance of islam has always come from baghdad, damascus or al-qahira.

:salam2:

I don't think Mecca was meant to have a political signigicance. Allah SWT says in Surat Ibrahim "O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring dwell in an uncultivable valley by Your Sacred House in order, O our Lord, that they may perform Salah. So fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allah) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.)

It's the HOUSE OF ALLAH, isn't that enough honour and esteem for that place?? Who cares about political significance when we're talking about the HOUSE OF ALLAH to which the hearts of some people ( MOSLEMS ONLY)are filled- if not overflowing - with love??? And which is meant for performing salah to fill these same hearts with a spiritual energy that only BELIEVERS can feel ?

Salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

actually MAKKAH is the birthplace of the most political statement ever made. that statement is: :shahadah:

that statement means that we worship no god other than ALLAH SWT and that we follow no other system than the SHARI'A of ALLAH SWT. that according to the lecture i heard from the Jamaican british shaykh Imam Faisal, is the most political statement of all time.

so MAKKAH is not only a holy site, birthplace of islam, but it's also a symbol and banner for the concept of tawheed. baghdad and cairo can have it's learning institutions but it can never be MAKKAH.
:wasalam:

H

Hallaaku-Khan

the Khalifa Rashidun shifted the islamic empire capital from Medina to Damascus and then to Baghdad. this means Makkah was never meant to be a political center no matter how hard you try

ShyHijabi

As long as I can go there for hajj and face in that direction 5 times a day I am happy. Politics comes and go, Islam is forever.

hassana elkoussi

Reminds me of a funny conversation I heard once:

A: The sun gives out heat and light.
B: But it hasn't got an electric wire.
A: But it's THE SUN
B: But it hasn't got a wire like the electric bulb in my room

lol :)

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
the Khalifa Rashidun shifted the islamic empire capital from Medina to Damascus and then to Baghdad. this means Makkah was never meant to be a political center no matter how hard you try

Salaam alikom

First of all I want to understand what the point of bringing up this subject is it lower the importance of these 2 holy places or just a tricky question to start an argument and debate,

# 2 Seems your knowledge of Khalaf el Rashidun is limited? Most of the Muslim scholars consider Abu Baker, Umar, Othman and Ali Radi Allah Anuhm ajmeen were all in Madinnah. Actually Islam spread throughout the globe through Medina it even reached to Russia at the time of Omar Bin Khatab so your statement is completely wrong.

I can see from your profile you state
We are descendants of the Great Changaiz (Genghis) Khan. We destroyed Baghdad in 1258

Well seems your knowledge about your great great grand fathers is not even complete do you know one a son of Changaiz Khan became Muslim and through him thousand of thousand of tribes became Muslim. !

Again if you trying to start a debate here or to play tricky games you know and your posting will be deleted.

Wa jazaakom Allah khair,

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Dear Brother, are you intending to mean that presetntly 'Mekkah and Medinah' little or no political influence? I'm very confused whether you're statement is limited to our present time or you're referring to Islamic history.
If it is the latter, then you're clearly clearly wrong.

Mekkah is the brith place for tawheed of this Ummah, and Medinah is where tawheed grew and prospered. You're forgetting that the Prophet SAW ran all the affairs of Islamic nation from Medinah after Hijarah and his Noble Companions (The Khalifa Rashidun you're referring to ) also did the same with the exception of Ali RA for a short time.

:wasalam:

salam alaykum

well mayb hes jz saying if we capture those places back then we can defeat the kaffirs??.......cause i cant remember where i read this but didnt the Prophet Muhammad (saw) ask for where some places centre of gravity is?...and after he captured it then he won a battle without even fighting it?.....cant remember it rite though cause its been a long time since i heard it

Status
Not open for further replies.