plz help???

slaveofallah786

:salam2:
I made this thread so I can ask for advice.
I'm really addicted to football:shymuslima1:
and want to make it stop somehow.
I never miss my prayers , but I'm scared that pretty soon I might start that too. I'm starting to see laziness towards prayer (i.e reading when the half time whistle blows). I can refrain myself from doing anything else but when the match is on I can't even blink.
So PLEASE help me cuz I'm only 15 and I feel like my whole life's gonna go down the drain.
Any advice???????

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

My dear respected little brother i am pleased to see you seeking advice many youth your age just think its the norm and they all conform to what they think they should be doing with their time Mashallah iam soo proud of you my advice to you is to fill your time with more productive things like reading quran and listening to lectures, me i love listening to lectures of the sahaba and their are many stories of young sahaba and what they did for Islam mashallah i think if you read up on their fun and exciting lives you wont need to watch some men kicking a football inshallah

i have a website for you..

http://www.kalamullah.com/sulaiman-mulla.html

You can find many lectures on here and they are actually quite fun once you get used to it, hope you dont get bored by lectures like my lil bro i been trying to make him listen to them too it can help you increase you knowledge bi'idniallah

:wasalam:

slaveofallah786

Jazakallah khair for your advice sister,
I hope that I can reduce my addiction by doing this,:SMILY346::
Once again Jazakallah khair as I really appreciate it.:jumpclap:
wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2: brother,

addictions are tough to leave no matter which like smoking, drinking, drugs, music, movies, games, etc.

1. know that its an addiction and u are helpless.

2. pray to Allah for His help.seek His forgiveness

3. start doing more religious deeds and learning more islam.

4. know that its wasting ur time and in jannah u can have whtever u desire.

abu'muhammad

young brother, Prioritizing the time is important. And not diverting all time in one area but according to the importance of activity or work.games and hobbies are at its place, not the primary thing. the need is disciplining our life with Islam- that is being punctual and well-ordered in our affairs as like we pray salat on ordained time, go to madrasah or school on time etc. and mashaAllah , a good schedule keeps us fit mentally as well as physically.

So InshaAllah decide to watch football for sometime. The ulemas talk of many points including ill effects of tv and addictions over children, the unislamic programs disturb their curriculum, waste of time, driving people away from Allah, not beneficial in dunya or in akhirah, slowly moving away from deen, salat, quran recitation etc (as you mentioned for salat). SubhanAllah ! another thing is when seeing them winning or losing either attacking ourselves with accessive happiness or sorrow. lol ! Leading emotional downfalls ,stress, weakening eye-sights etc are too with it. The conections of 96 –channels a day, then 128 channels a – day , targets people to sit forever over the TV. Change the channel and the world is at our step.finally endless addiction. so lets we plan our life proper, InshaAllah.

our lifestyle is neither lethargic nor centered at one area, instead its diverse.out of this to have free time with parents - family, help them in work, prepare our routine work, proper rest etc. all this is necessary in our daily life. These lines directs me first than you and others in general. If we do this than our family members will feel respect for us , take us responsible and their love in bonus, InshaAllah. And deen would be easy to follow.

may Allah guide us all to right way.

was - salaam.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

sorry its a sister sorry i assumed you was a brother because of football addictions lol i hope i didnt offend you sis

May Allah help you and protect you..

rightpath_357

play

I made this thread so I can ask for advice.
I'm really addicted to football:shymuslima1:
and want to make it stop somehow.
I never miss my prayers , but I'm scared that pretty soon I might start that too. I'm starting to see laziness towards prayer (i.e reading when the half time whistle blows). I can refrain myself from doing anything else but when the match is on I can't even blink.
So PLEASE help me cuz I'm only 15 and I feel like my whole life's gonna go down the drain.
Any advice???????[/QUOTE

Well first, loosen up. While the commercails r on, (do wudu before show) do ur prayers. but don't rush them. if you miss a lot of an episode, you can always watch it on youtube. And instead of just watching it, why not play it? Round up a few friends and practice ur skills. or just have fun. watching it all the time will probably make u lazy.besides- playing it is just as much fun- and healthier. (have a water bottle with u):SMILY346::laughing-dancing:

salam alaykum

honestly got tired of footy after 10 or so years since i started to 1st watch it, at the age of 7 like a hooligan

JustTruth

Now that we are in the last Ten Nights of Ramadan... ask Allah ta'ala sincerely; drop big tears from your eyes deep in to the night while prostrating in prayer, insha'Allah.

Do it every night until Ramadan is over and your sincere supplication might land on the Night of Power (Laylat al-Qadr), insha'Allah.

I hope you get what is good for you, insha'Allah.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
oh sister! try to leave that..
if you think that you will loose your concentration towards islam..
sister, if you feel you can do both islam and sports,. then alhumdulillah! go with it...
but i guess it will be better for you to leave it, and to control your self from seeing that or playing..
it is not a sin or something..
i am just telling you for, it might easy for you to concentrate towards islam..
i am really sorry if i have said something wrong...