IS IT MY DUTY??

salam alaykum

well my neighbor got attacked by robbers..... is it my duty in ISLAM to help him or should i jz go back into my house as if i never saw anything happen when they pointed their gun at him.........I did call the police but well u know police here......they DIDNT show up cause they were probably the robbers themselves!....i think i made a huge mistake by turning a blind eye to the incident :(

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
well, thats a sad news.
but , that was wrong what you did.you had to help them.....
well, mistakes do happen, so no need of blaming...
may allah help those people -ameen

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
:salam2:
The sitiuation is so difficult ...lol
well my parents or elders in family say that never :SMILY286:get interfair in police or :fighta:robbers problems ...............I dont know anthing else well i have to obey them as they think that they have an experience here...:SMILY346:
wassalam

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
yeah difficult issue brother :( because sometimes you can put yourself into risk for nothing.. actually I can only advice if you have power to resist or solve something, interfere but if not, just stay back.. and you called the police, yeah this is the only thing you can do may be.. because here we know several people killed by theives only becuase they tried to help innocent people in such problems..

but i want to know Islamically if i did get killed while helping will i b a martyr or what i did was haraam??....

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
Bro...i think u should help neighbours...i dont know if its nessesary in islam or not. But here in pakistan. Thats a risk to ur own life. Because our police is very VERY corrupt! So they'll probably throw u in jail or something saying things like "he is the robber" bla bla...they dont listen to innocents!
Cuz same thing happened to one of my friends brother. He tried to help his close family frnds...and the police jus blamed him to cause the trouble!
hpe this helps....

May the eyes of cowards never find rest in sleep!"-Khalid ibn al-Walid

yes u r rite i suk....i messed it all up...i am such a coward.....i cant believe i let them go although i go to the gym and workout with heavy machines.......i totally was a coward.....U R RITE I ACCEPT IT

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

it aint funny.....i feel real bad...i didnt do anything......why r u giving me this *:p* ................it wasnt a funny scene ...he could have been killed......

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
look my dear brother, you see speaking from away is so easy.. you were there and you felt the horror and saw the reality,... we are just speaking here.. I ask to others what would they do if they were in the same position? .. Speaking is too easy, what about action!

You did your best ! and Allah knows your heart ! inshaallah he ll judge us according to our intentions.

th30n3

yes u r rite i suk....i messed it all up...i am such a coward.....i cant believe i let them go although i go to the gym and workout with heavy machines.......i totally was a coward.....U R RITE I ACCEPT IT

Regret over that insha-Allaah and ask Allaah for forgiveness and we should change ourselves so insha-Allaah we will be ready next time. And know that you are not the only coward......I'am a bigger coward than you, but I'am trying to change that insha-Allaah. :shake:
I admire your humbleness akhi

NEIGHBOR=GAZA....CHECHNYA...AFGHANISTAN....SOMALIA....CHECHNYA.....KASHMIR....TURKMENISTAN

POLICE = UNITED NATIONS

i am saying this cause i always thought of all my muslim bros and sis as my neighbor so i jz wanted to tell u what i feel cause

forbid evil and enjoin good

“Whoever among you sees an evil act, let him change it with his hand (by taking action); if he cannot, then with his tongue (by speaking out); and if he cannot, then with his heart (by at least hating it and regarding it as evil) – but that is the weakest of faith.” Narrated by Muslim, 48.

I AT LEAST USED MY TONGUE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BUT THE ONE THAT LOCKS THIS THREAD WOULDNT EVEN B CLASSED IN THE *WEAKEST OF FAITH*

i didnt make this up ...an*intellectual and wise* person i met told me to think about this....and ive been thinking......now u all think with me

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
NEIGHBOR=GAZA....CHECHNYA...AFGHANISTAN....SOMALIA....CHECHNYA.....KASHMIR....TURKMENISTAN

POLICE = UNITED NATIONS

i am saying this cause i always thought of all my muslim bros and sis as my neighbor so i jz wanted to tell u what i feel cause

forbid evil and enjoin good

“Whoever among you sees an evil act, let him change it with his hand (by taking action); if he cannot, then with his tongue (by speaking out); and if he cannot, then with his heart (by at least hating it and regarding it as evil) – but that is the weakest of faith.” Narrated by Muslim, 48.

I AT LEAST USED MY TONGUE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BUT THE ONE THAT LOCKS THIS THREAD WOULDNT EVEN B CLASSED IN THE *WEAKEST OF FAITH*

i didnt make this up ...an*intellectual and wise* person i met told me to think about this....and ive been thinking......now u all think with me

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

I totally agree wth you brother.. all these were on the edge of my tongue also , only I didnt want start an argument..

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

:salam2:

The best strenght is in reason and heart,and not in muschels.:hijabi:

:wasalam: