Hi, I've recently accepted Islam...

lderwent

Wow! Thank you

Thank you so much everyone for such a warm welcome, your encouragement is priceless and I'm so grateful... I just read all your messages.

I don't understand why that person was so discriminative, but I'm sure they have their personal reasons, and I hope they will become more positive.

I was originally studying the bible and have always been interested in finding God, and when the Qu'ran was introduced to me I was a little sceptical at first. But one of the first things which really made sense to me was that it all started with Abraham, and for me the Qu'ran was like the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle... I knew the torah, and the gospel, but couldn't quite see the bigger picture... then I started reading the Qu'ran! It all added up (and I never could quite accept Jesus as being God).

Also what convinced me was the large amount of science in the Qu'ran, some things which weren't proven to be true until much later than when the book came, for example, how a foetus is formed in the womb.

I hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts, I could go on for ages!

This knowledge can make you feel quite lonely when you can't share it with anyone, especially people you've grown up with, and even your own parents who raised you and were your role models. So thank you again for all your support, it really does mean a lot.

Some one made a point about the wording I used, "the life I rejected", you're right, it wasn't very diplomatically put, sorry.

I've just returned from spending my first Ramadan in Pakistan, and it was an amazing experience.

I'm glad I found this website :)

Khuda hafiz,

Salwa.

Abdirahman!

Allahuakbar, Allahuakbar, Allahuakbar, walilahAlhamdu
dear sister welcome to Islam
the religion of peace and acceptable to Allah

revert2007

Love Fishing
:salam2:
Bravo sister Revert2007,
Actually it is you who are too cool. You treated him well sister, I think he deserved this. I still don't understand his motives. Whatever he was saying was so rubbish that it is totally wasteful to even talk about it.
Who haven't heard about Abdur-Raheem Green, Yousuf Islam, Yousef Estes, Sohaib Webb, Aminah Isslimi, Vynnona Ridley and many many many other famous reverts. Nearly every day someone (a white) revert to Islam.
It is good that he is banned. Good riddance. :SMILY139:

And WELCOME TO ISLAM and to TTI, our new sister Salwa !!!
:wasalam:

i just wish i wasn't that harsh :shymuslima1::shymuslima1::shymuslima1:

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Allah says in Surah Al-Hujuraat:

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, Indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it, and fear Allah. Verily Allah is the one who forgives and accepts repentance, most merciful.

Here Allah teaches us moral rights and social etiquettes. We are instructed not to indulge in suspicion, spying nor backbiting in our daily life.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6214:

If 2cool doesn't believe it, then He needs to get out more often, smell the air. I guess he is suffering from Victor Meldrew Syndrome.

island muslim

As-salaamu `alaykum

Is there any good in this behavior? You are inspecting the hearts of people, when the Prophet, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, prohibited such a thing. Your bizarre conclusions and foul, rude behavior is not necessary here. If you don't believe in White American and/or British reverts then I ask you, for what reason are you here? Why are you even using the Internet let alone a global forum aimed to help our new Muslim brothers and sisters? If you won't believe it until you see it, then travel and keep your denials to your self... And if you return here, show some respect.

Was-salaam

On another note, to Salwa, welcome to Islaam and the forums. Please pardon us for the statements of user "2cool", he's banned.

Brother He/she "2cool" is a not a muslim/muslimah. Major part of why he is writing what he writes.

jundulah

just shut up because it is your comment and your behavior that deter people and feel them unwelcome,think before u post.

A Kashmiri

Congratulation

Walaikum Sallam

Congratulations on becoming a muslim. May Allah reward you for accepting the only truth.

Regarding advice, please be steadfast in your religion and even if you may see that many muslims like me dont follow Islam fully as you anticipated it doesnt mean islam is not perfect and practical to follow. It is just shortcomings of we muslims. Also there may be many among them trying to perfect their ways of being muslims. It is always a continous struggle of doing and living in good.

May Allah help you

KHUZAIMAH

As salaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Allah guides whom He wills, whether they yellow, green or purple!

SubhanAllah that should be enough for anyone to 'believe it'

Anyways CONGRATULATIONS SIS for embracing Islam! Welcome to the fold of Islam and a HUGE family of brothers and sisters! Hold onto your Deen because its an amazing gift sister!:SMILY252:

cookiedough-123

salam alikum

i just wish i wasn't that harsh :shymuslima1::shymuslima1::shymuslima1:

no sis dont feel like this. u should protect ur ummah even if a muslim is out of line . thats why muslims should stick and support each other . u have made the sister feel comfortable that u sticked up for her. thats what sisterhood is about. feel proud she is a muslim and u helped her on the right path i make dua for u i know ur intention was clear and not in a bad way.

i make dua for this man that ALLAH guides him to the light inshALLAH :tti_sister:

i also wanted to add that we can never say a muslim isnt muslim anything that he does out of line is called a sinner only ALLAH judges . of course a true muslim shouldnt act like this. but sometimes some people dont know what they are half talkin about. may ALLAH forgive him and may he realise that the ummah is growing . im a english revert to from britain and i cant belive in a few days since i was in birmingham how many english people reverted to islam. ALLAH AKBAR my reason for revertin too. may he come bk to sense and right path inshALLAH :tti_sister:

to the admin can u take his comments off on the sisters reversion this is especially for her and should be made with a nice welcoming which i know thats what we all intend to do in the first place this inshALLAH

Nazleen

The large number of people reverting to Islam doesn't come as a surprise to us,muslims.
Since we believe that Islam is the Truth, it follows that any person who is thinking with a clear mind should understand and accept it.
Allah (God) says in the Quran.
'When truth is hurled against falsehood, falsehood perishes for falsehood by its nature is bound to perish".

shichemlydia

good news in the morning

salam alikoum,
may allah swt keep you on the straight path, ameen
focus on the belief system in islam. and learn the teachings of islam
wa salam alikoum

revert2007

Love Fishing
no sis dont feel like this. u should protect ur ummah even if a muslim is out of line . thats why muslims should stick and support each other . u have made the sister feel comfortable that u sticked up for her. thats what sisterhood is about. feel proud she is a muslim and u helped her on the right path i make dua for u i know ur intention was clear and not in a bad way.

i make dua for this man that ALLAH guides him to the light inshALLAH :tti_sister:

i also wanted to add that we can never say a muslim isnt muslim anything that he does out of line is called a sinner only ALLAH judges . of course a true muslim shouldnt act like this. but sometimes some people dont know what they are half talkin about. may ALLAH forgive him and may he realise that the ummah is growing . im a english revert to from britain and i cant belive in a few days since i was in birmingham how many english people reverted to islam. ALLAH AKBAR my reason for revertin too. may he come bk to sense and right path inshALLAH :tti_sister:

to the admin can u take his comments off on the sisters reversion this is especially for her and should be made with a nice welcoming which i know thats what we all intend to do in the first place this inshALLAH

oh in the beginning i wrote "how come a muslim could behave such a way" but then i checked his profile and it shows that his religion is different and not muslim..so i guess he is not a muslim coz thats what the profile says..it says religion undecided

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
BECOME CLOSER TO ALLAH

Assalamu alaikum,

I have recently accepted Islam and would love any advice anyone can give me. I am English and it can feel slightly lonely when everyone around me is living the life I just rejected...

Allah hafiz,

Salwa.

welcome to islam. first of all, your never lonely because Allah is with us all the time. try to become closer to Allah by listening to quran, reading about the religion, pray, make dua etc. i love going outside at night, where a scarf, put my hands in the air and make dua and speak my feelings to Allah, the sky is enough to make you cry your feelings. Allah listens everytime and this made me feel special. 2nd of all, you say its hard coz everyone around you is living the life you just rejected. You have a point but how about you make a new life with things that make you feel worth the rejection. eg: go to a locl islamic center or lessons, make friends and then go out with your friends. go to other lessons together, go to bookshops, have dinner or lunch together, go to a wildlife park and you'll see animals you've never seen before 'Allah's creations'. Islam is not boring, trust me, you just have to have faith and meet the right people. most of all, TRY TO BECOME CLOSER TO ALLAH. Allah will listen and can help you cope. its not haram to open your hands and tell Allah what your feeling the way you would tell a friend. Dont be scared to say your secrets because Allah knows them anyway. ALLAH IS THERE FOR US ALL! YOU MUST BELIEVE IN THIS!!!!

zahid66

Assalamu alaikum,

I have recently accepted Islam and would love any advice anyone can give me. I am English and it can feel slightly lonely when everyone around me is living the life I just rejected...

Allah hafiz,

Salwa.

Assalam walaikum, welcome to the fold of Islam, may Allah bless u with patience, presevarance and courage to bear any hardship in your life... First learn how to say your prayer, and say it on time. Your would find yourself on the moon once u say your prayer, and the best part of the prayer would always be sajood.

Wassalam, (With peace)
Your brother in Islam
Zahid

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Assalamu alaikum,

Allah hafiz,

Salwa.
Assalaamu Alaikum Sis in Islam!!!!!!

You never think that u r lonley..... In Islam says Al Muslimu Akhul Muslim.... Every Muslims are brothers and sisters for another Muslims..........

Is there are any help Pls do let us know by droping a NEW THREAD. We will be replying it propmtly.........

Wassalaam!
Muhammed Aslam Jiffry