What Can You Do In 10 Minutes?

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
What Can You Do In 10 Minutes?
Compiled by Muhammad al-Shareef

In the Name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful

Here is a list of 10 things that would not take more then 10 minutes of our time. And if we knew what good these actions bring for our happiness in this life and the next, we would spend our life in dedication to these deeds:

"All work is as a seed sown; it grows and spreads and sows itself anew."

10. Pray 2 Rakahs (Salatul Duha) anytime after sunrise and before Dhuhr

Abu Hurayrah - radiallaahu 'anhu - said, "My Khaleel - Allâh's Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - advised me to do three things (1) That I fast 3 days of each month and (2) To pray 2 rakahs of Duha and (3) That I do my witr before sleeping." - Bukhaaree and Muslim

9. Pray for Rasul Allâh - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam

He - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - said, "Whoever prays for me once, Allâh blesses that person 10 times (because of that prayer)." - Muslim

8. Repeat what the Mu'adhdhin is saying

Abdullah ibn Amr narrates: a man said, "O Messenger of Allâh, the ones that call the people to prayer receive more reward than us." So Allâh's Messenger - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - replied, "Say what they say, then when you finish pray for anything and you shall be given it." - Abu Dawood

7. Say 'Subhan Allâh - How far Allâh is from imperfection!' 100 times

Mus'ab ibn Sa'd said: My father told me that he was with Allâh's Messenger - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - when he remarked, "Does any one of you not have the ability to attain 1000 good deeds (hasanaat) every day? Let him do tasbeeh (Subhan Allâh!) 100 times, it will be written for him 1000 hasanat or 1000 sins will be wiped from his record." - Muslim

6. Play with your children for the sake of Allâh

Jabir narrates: We were with Allâh's Messenger - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - invited for a meal when we passed al-Husayn playing in the alley with some Ansar children. Allâh's Messenger - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - walked a little faster to go and play with him. He stuck out his hand to take him, but Al-Husayn ran here and there squealing gleefully until Allâh's Messenger caught him. Then he - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - held his chin with one hand and his head with the other and kissed Al-Husayn and hugged him. - A sound hadith narrated by Bukhaaree in al adab al mufrad

5. Make Dua' often during times of ease

Rasul Allâh - sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam - said, "Whoever it pleases that Allâh answers his supplications during times of calamity and hardship, let him increase his supplication amidst the times of ease." - narrated by Tirmidhi and Al Hakim who classified it as authentic.

... Insha'Allâh, let's all try at the very least to find one deed for us which was mentioned above and implement it in this coming week. After it has become habit try another deed and so on. This is how we can all grow.

nizar83

aselemu aleikum

may ALLAH ta3ala reward you for this wonderfull post

subhanallah wal hamdulilaah wa laa hawla wala kuwatti illa bilaah.