LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL

RATE THE THREAD

• Total voters

MOSABJA

SOME IMPORTANT FACTS

Below are the names/places common among the Pathans and the Bani-Israel.

1. Pathan Pashtoons also known as Pathans.Very few people knows that Pithon is the name of the great-grandson of King Saul,mentioned among a list of hundreds of names chronicling the descendants of the Twelve Tribes (Ref:Chronicles I , 8:35)

8:34 The son of Jonathan:Meribbaal.8Meribbaal was the father of Micah.

8:35 The sons of Micah:pithon, Melech, Tarea, and Ahaz.

2. AFGHANISTAN Afghanistan is derived from "Afghana," the grandson of King Saul of the tribe of Benjamin. This Historical fact is also ignored by the “innocent” so called Western “Historians”

3. KOHAT City in the NWFP and also Meaning: assembly in Hebrew is the second son of Levi, and father of Amram (Gen. 46:11) He came down to Egypt with Jacob, and lived to the age of one hundred and thirty-three years (Ex. 6:18).Note: The so called great Western Historians also skipped this important fact in their writings just to conceal the truth.

4. Zabul Zabul was the name of the Son or grandson of Israel and also it’s the name province in Afghanistan.The fact is during the time Mahmud Ghaznavi,the whole of Afghanistan was called as ZABUL as famous poet FIRDAUSI called Mahmud as SHAH-E-ZABUL i.e King of Zabul.(Also this is ignored by the Wicked Historians of the West)

5. Khyber A fort of Jews during the time of Dear Prophet Muhammad(sallalaho alay hay wa sallam)...and also a place on Pakistan and Afghanistan border which also has the same meaning as that of Hebrew i.e Fort.

6. Peshawer This city in NWFP province of Pakistan has its name and location present in the Torah, a place called HABER or HAWER is mentioned as the place of exile of the lost tribes.Now Peshawer is comprised of two parts,the word Pesh means the Pass( which can be the famous Khyber Pass) and the Hawer means city and thus PESHAWAR means the city after the pass . Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at http://bible.cc/1_chronicles/5-26.htm

“The God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river of Gozan, to this day.”

7. GOZAN (The Amu Darya):Also Gozan is mentioned in as the place of exile of the lost tribe. In Afghanistan the river Amu was also called River Gozan according to Afghani tradition. Therefore Historian Saadia Gaon called the Amu darya al the place of exile of the lost tribe. Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at http://bible.cc/1_chronicles/5-26.htm

“The God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river of Gozan, to this day.”

8. Childern of Joseph Yusufzai a famous pashtoon tribe claim to be the decendant of Joseoh(Yusuf) i.e Prophet of Bani Israel.

9. Afridis This famous tribe of Pashtoons is named after the son of Israel called Ephraim or Afraim.

10. Karak This is a city in Jordon(formally part of ancient Jewish state and also its a city in NWFP province of Pakistan.

11. Lugar A province in Afghanistan and also a name of present day Israeli family name, not to forget the famous wrestler LEX LUGAR.

12. Kabul Kabul is capital of Afghanistan and its a Hebrew word .Cab means unpleasant(or dirty) and bul means city meaning unpleasant city.

13. KHAN Most Pathans use KHAN in their names which resembles COHEN used in Jewish names.Also in Israel there is a city called YOUNUS KHAN with the word KHAN in it.

14. TAKHT-E-SULEAMAN:This is the name of a place in the Pashtun area of Pakistan .It means the Throne of the Israeli King and also the Prophet Hazart Suleman (Alayhay Salam). This place is situated in the mountain ranges also named after King Solomon (Hazrat Suleman) as Koh-e-Suleman.

15. HARAT Also a place called HARA is mentioned in as the place of exile of the lost tribes and HARAT is a famous city in Afghanistan. Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at http://bible.cc/1_chronicles/5-26.htm

16. KASH/KISH . Kish/Kash is is the name of numerous personalities mentioned in the Chronicles,all from the Bani-Israel,.like 1) A Levite of the family of Merari (1 Chr. 23:21; 24:29) ,(2.) A Benjamite of Jerusalem (1 Chr. 8:30; 9:36), (3.) A Levite in the time of Hezekiah (2 Chr. 29:12). In Afghanistan many places are named after Kash/Kish,like the desert of Dasht-I-Kash, lies in the north of the Helmund., the city of KASH which is mentioned in the map of Afghanistan 1912 in the Library of Congress USA, the main mountain ranges of Afghanistan also called the HINDU-KUSH and KASH ROD in Nimroz province .

17. MADIAN In Bible history, Madian was where Israeli Prophet Hazrat Musa(alayhay salam) spent the 40 years between the time that he left Egypt after killing an Egyptian who had been beating a Hebrew (Ref:Exodus 2:11-15). In the Pathan area of SWAT valley in Pakistan there is also a city with the same name as MADIAN.

18. DASHT-YAHOODI (The Jewish Plain) There is a famous place in the district MARDAN in Pakistan which is called Dasht-e-Yahoodi since its existence. (Reference : (H.W. Bellew, An Enquiry into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, 34),

19. KILLA YAHOODI( THE FORT OF JEWS) TA place at the eastern boundry of the subcontinent (the Afghanistan border)is called KILLA YAHOODI (The fort of Jews) (Reference : (H.W. Bellew, An Enquiry into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, 34),

PLACES OF EXILE

In the he biblical Book Isaiah it is said :

Isaiah 11:11-12 :and he will raise a Banner to the Gentiles and will gather the banished of Israel ,and the dispersed of Judah will he bring together from the four corners of the earth".

The places of exile of the lost tribes also mentioned in the books also point out the present day Afghanistan

The Locations of the Exile. Other locations mentioned as placed of exile were the river Gozan, Habor, . Halah or Lahlah, and Hara. (Ref:Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5).

Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at http://bible.cc/1_chronicles/5-26.htm

Where are these places of Exile?

According to Saadia Gaon, “ River Gozan ” is the river north of the city of Balach in the north of Afghanistan. The river is known today as the “ Amu Darya ”, and is the border between Afghanistan and Russia. Afghanistan tradition states that the whole river was once known as the Gozen River.

“Habor” is located in the pass between Afghanistan and Pakistan , and is called Pesh-Habor in Afghani (Pesh means Pass) after the city of the pass. The city is known today as Peshawar.

“Hara” is the city of Harat near the Persian border. It is the third largest city in Afghanistan . The prophecy of Isaiah states that the exile will bring the tribes to the land of Sinim”:

“Behold , these shall come from far, and , lo, these from the north and from the west, and these from the land of Sinim “( Isaiah 49:12) .

This implies that the exile may have started

Afghan Jewry may date back 2,700 years to the destruction of the Temple and the Babylonian exile, but today only two known Jews remain in Afghanistan.

Several Jewish Afghan histories are circulating. Early biblical commentators regarded Khorasan as a location of the Ten Lost Tribes. Today, several Afghan tribes including the Durrani, Yussafzai, Afridi and Pashtun believe they are decedents of King Saul. They call themselves Bani-Israel, similar to the Hebrew, B'nai Israel, meaning the children of Israel. Even some Muslim scholars and writers accept this. The exiled Afghan Royal family also traces its roots to ancient Israel, the tribe of Benjamin specifically. As evidence, they cite Makhzan-i-Afghani , a chronicle published in 1635, in the time of King Jahangir by Khawaja Nimatullah of Herat.

The Pashtun, the main Afghan ethnic group and Taliban supporters, also believe they are descended from the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel , and later converted to Islam. Dozens of Pashtun names and customs sound Jewish, from the Pashtun tribe names of Asheri and Naftali to the Pashtun custom of a wedding chupah and the circumcising of the sons on the eighth day after birth. The Pashtuns claim that the city of Kabul stands for "Cain and Abel" and Afghanistan is derived from "Afghana," the grandson of King Saul of the tribe of Benjamin.

Another book, Taaqati-Nasiri, states that in the 7th century, a people called Bani Israel settled in Ghor, southeast of Herat. According to Taaqati-Nasiri as well as Pashtun legend, the Bani Israel soon accepted Islam, after their leader, Qais, met with the Muslim Prophet Mohammed.

Other reports tell of Persian Jews rejecting Islam and fleeing the Muslim conquest in the 7th and 8th centuries and settling in Afghanistan. In 1080, Moses ibn Ezra mentioned more than 40,000 Jews paying tribute in Ghazni, a great city on the River Gozan. Benjamin of Tudela, writing approximately 100 years later, echoed this claim, adding that there were 80,000 Jews living there.

Stone tablets with Hebrew inscriptions dating from 1115 to 1215 confirm the existence of a Jewish community in Firoz Koh, located between Herat and Kabul. Genghis Kahn's 1222 Mongol invasion, however, razed Afghanistan, devastating the Jewish communities. Little is known about the small and isolated Jewish community of Afghanistan that remained until the 19th century.

In 1839, thousands of Jews again fled Persia, where the Muslim authorities began forcibly converting them, bringing Afghanistan's Jewish population up to 40,000. They were mostly traders and dyers dealing in skins, carpets and antiquities.

The decline came in 1870 after Afghan Muslim authorities enacted anti-Jewish measures, triggering a mass exodus to Central Asia, Persia and Palestine. The 1933 assassination of King Nadit Shah triggered another anti-Jewish campaign. Jews were banished from most Afghan cities, limiting them to Kabul, Balkh or Herat. In addition, Jews were forbidden to leave town without a permit and forced to pay special taxes.

By the time Israel was created in 1948, approximately 5,000 Jews remained in Afghanistan, but they could not legally immigrate. Once the restriction was lifted in 1951, most Afghan Jews made their way to Israel. By 1969, only 300 Jews lived in Afghanistan, most of whom left in 1979 after the Soviet invasion. In 1996, 10 Jews remained in Afghanistan, nearly all in Kabul.

In 2005, there were two Jews in Afghanistan. Zebulon Simentov and Isaac Levy lived at separate ends of the same decaying synagogue in Kabul. The synagogue was built 40 years earlier and probably avoided being destroyed by the Taliban because it was unassuming, deserted, and in disrepair. Simentov and Levy said they were protecting the synagogue, and each claimed to be the rightful owner of the Torah and accused the other of stealing it. This feud was so heated that both men spent time in Taliban jails for charges they brought against each other, and were beaten with electric cables and rifle butts. Meanwhile, the Taliban confiscated the Torah. Levy relied on charity to get by, while Simentov, 41, owned a store that sold carpets, jewelry and handicrafts. Both men said they got along with their Muslim neighbors.

Levy said he wanted to join his family in Israel, but couldn't afford to leave. After the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, Jewish groups offered to help Levy emigrate, but he refused. In January 2005, Levy died.

Now Simentov is the last Jew in Afghanistan. In 2001, he said the Taliban stoll all his supplies and he had to close his store. He says he now has nothing and lives “like a dog.” He has devoted himself to trying to recover the Torah stolen by the Taliban, and enlisted the help of the U.S. Embassy and Afghan Interior Ministry. He said he was told the man who stole the Torah is now in U.S. custody in Cuba. Simentov's wife and two daughters live in Israel and, after Levy's death, said he was considering joining his family.

More than 10,000 Jews of Afghan descent now live in Israel. The second largest population of Afghan Jews is New York, with 200 families. They mostly live in Flushing, Jamaica and Queens. Rabbi Jacob Nasirov leads the Orthodox congregation of Anshei Shalom, the lone Afghan synagogue in the United States. Members have roots not only from Afghanistan, but also Yemen, Syria, Russia, Iraq, Morocco and Lebanon.
Sources: New York Times, Washington Post, Encyclopedia Judaica, Jewish Telegraphic Agency, World Jewish Congress, Moshiach.com, Jewish Bulletin News

mosabaig

MashaAllah

:salam2:

Wow....There is hope for the others lost tribes too ... who are wondering in total dark deeds up to today...may Allah Illuminate their hearts and give them the peace brought by the Final messenger of the One God (ALLAH) Muhammad :saw2: Peace and blessing of Almighty Allah be upon him more and more each moment till the day of resuracction

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
can someone explain this from the beginning? its really interesting but i cant place it into any context in my head??? im familar with bani israel and i know the stories of Musa (pbuh) but i dont get how the tribes..... was it that they dispersed and therefor referred to as 'lost' eh? i dont know can someone fill in the gaps??

MOSABJA

lost

hazrat yaqoob had twelve sons and from them twelve tribes came . they settled in Egypt after a period of time they became slaves under pharaohs and then Moses(pbuh) liberated them and settled them in Palestine then under David(pbuh) and Solomon(pbuh0 they built a temple and were on there zenith and then on disobeying God as a punishment Nebuchadnezzar attacked them and dispersed all twelve tribes since then only two tribes are present in Israel some others are Pakhtuns in Afghanistan.

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

so are these the jews that are committing genocide? or are the ones committing genocide not the real Bani Israel? but are just taking advantage of it..

A Kashmiri

Well these all are theories without proof and most of these stories have been started by the Mirzais( Qadhyanis) who claim that the Jesus went to Kashmir and died there as many of the tribes of the lost sheep of Isreali were living.
He even claimed that the tomb ( which is just opposite to where my house is situated ) is the tomb of Christ , where he is buried. To this day no scientific evidence has been conducted to prove that we kashmiris and Afghanis are lost sheep of Isreal.

While i was a child i had seen thousands of westerners doing research have to visit the tomb etc.

It was once argued by one of the kashmiris reserachers that if these westerners speak such theories why dont they do an DNA Analysis.

I dont believe that Jesus escaped from the cross and came to kashmir in search of lost sheep of isreal & died. This theory was pronounced by Ahmadis who are Kafirs.

One should nt take such theories seriously and definetly that Jesus came to Kashmir in search for the lost sheep of isreal.

Even if it may have some truth that the Afghanis and Kashmiris are lost sheep of Isreal, then Alhamdullilah we have accepted islam as the true religion and havent gone astray.

Salem9022

So the name Khan comes from Cohen?? so that means Genghis Khan the Mongolian Buddhist Leader is also Jewish????

saif

I can second brother "A Kashmiri" and want to add, that not only Qadiyanis have interest in those theories to justify the theory of their false prophet but also the jews seem to have some interest in getting pashtoons realize, they were one of them. Similar theories also exist about Balochis and look what the jews have gained by spreading these rumers: This Mir Azaad Khan Baloch is sitting in Israel and is conducing a cyber war against Pakistan. In this interview, he is talking about the jewish roots of balochs as a justification to sit in israel and conspire against Pakistan:

http://www.jeffkouba.com/myblog/2006/05/interview-with-mir-azaad-khan-baloch.html

For me the biggest proof of falsehood of those theories is the pashto language, which belongs to indo-iranian sub-family of indo-european languages. This clearly proves the Aryan roots of pashtoons. There may certainly be some mixtures from greeks or even jews for that matter but the very fact, that the pashto language did not turn out to be a semitic language point out, that pashtoons are originally aryan people. If there was any mixture from jews, then it can be compared with some arab blood in the indian muslims, which could not make Urdu a semitic language and we muslims of sub continent have our own identity and we have not become arabs.

And Allah knows best.

Almaas

Asalaamualaykum,

Israel claim we are their lost tribe, it's just a theory, i've asked many people about this and they all say it's not true.

Pashtuns descend from aryans.

Wherever we come from we're Muslims Alhamdolilah.

Walaykumasalaam

Well these all are theories without proof and most of these stories have been started by the Mirzais( Qadhyanis) who claim that the Jesus went to Kashmir and died there as many of the tribes of the lost sheep of Isreali were living.
He even claimed that the tomb ( which is just opposite to where my house is situated ) is the tomb of Christ , where he is buried. To this day no scientific evidence has been conducted to prove that we kashmiris and Afghanis are lost sheep of Isreal.

While i was a child i had seen thousands of westerners doing research have to visit the tomb etc.

It was once argued by one of the kashmiris reserachers that if these westerners speak such theories why dont they do an DNA Analysis.

I dont believe that Jesus escaped from the cross and came to kashmir in search of lost sheep of isreal & died. This theory was pronounced by Ahmadis who are Kafirs.

One should nt take such theories seriously and definetly that Jesus came to Kashmir in search for the lost sheep of isreal.

Even if it may have some truth that the Afghanis and Kashmiris are lost sheep of Isreal, then Alhamdullilah we have accepted islam as the true religion and havent gone astray.

I agree :) and also with brother Saif

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

sorry but i dont agree with much.khan word means lord or landlord. genghis khan hence means lord of the world.
jagirdar for short.

yes pastuns are from jews but they are the ones who listened to moses .
one of the tribes in afghanistan is called yusufzai which means sons of yusuf -pbuh
and afridi clan 50-% dna material matches with jews .
much of the pathans have intermarried so iranian and even greek influences are there
now do you know tthat some soldiers of alexander the great -sikandrs army settled in gandhara -kandhar- and mixed up with local folks.

now i am from a city in india which was ruled by people originally from afghanistan .hene many of the families are from there-
i know orakzai ,yusufzai and afridis and aghas -it smy guess that afridis are the 50% jews orakzai the iraani influence and aghas the greek.

my guess looking at my friends faces.

Almaas

sorry but i dont agree with much.khan word means lord or landlord. genghis khan hence means lord of the world.
jagirdar for short.

yes pastuns are from jews but they are the ones who listened to moses .
one of the tribes in afghanistan is called yusufzai which means sons of yusuf -pbuh
and afridi clan 50-% dna material matches with jews .
much of the pathans have intermarried so iranian and even greek influences are there
now do you know tthat some soldiers of alexander the great -sikandrs army settled in gandhara -kandhar- and mixed up with local folks.

now i am from a city in india which was ruled by people originally from afghanistan .hene many of the families are from there-
i know orakzai ,yusufzai and afridis and aghas -it smy guess that afridis are the 50% jews orakzai the iraani influence and aghas the greek.

my guess looking at my friends faces.

:salam2:

I'm not sure how much of this is true to be perfectly honest, it's all based on theories and no scientific evidence. The whole Alexander The Great thing is yet another theory.

:wasalam: