Somalia VS Ethiopia

IMAM

asalaamu alaikum
I agree that with you brother
sometimes i get angry with ethiopia ! but I if look back ethiopia did't come by their own they've been asked help non other then somalians to fitght with their brother same deen same language .:
:wasalam:
help was asked by warlord not somali people i think their is a big diference.

Ahmedkaafi

some how u are wrong , i think u don't know the history of somalia, the warlords wrere contrelling us for 16 yrs and they have never brought any peace ecepy fighting and distruction, but when the courts came we had peace that we haed never seen , but as u kknow they started ruling the people by the law of the quran and the hadith. this made the americans angry , and they started saying ther are alqaida , which is not true, and used the ethiopians to attack us , they ethiopians had one goal , it was to reduce the strength of the islamic courts, but they were not there to help the government or to make any peace, u say ethiopian army are muslim, u are wrong , because ethipia were fighting with muslim country , in centuries , they fought with oroma, ogaden, somalia , eritrea, so they army are not muslims they are called tigre, they are like israel, so don't be carried out by the media,

Asalasalaamu alaykum brothers and sisters
I agree with u Mahdi 100% Ethiopian army not muslim,if they have good power they attack Makah like ABRAHA becouse these people er from ABRAHA who attacked Ka,ba.

remember one thing have u every seen the people those have peace some people they became angry and bring unrest.that people is the enemy of islam and they don,t want that we have a peace , Alxamdulilaah we r 100% Muslim Sunni but we have some munafiqin,that is why we had a problems about 16 years the united islamic courts(UIC) brought to somalian people peace and they kick out worldlords so we have got peace about six months and we enjoy as well as a paradisre.all price to Allaaah

so what hapen the ethiopian and American attack to somali to bring unrest situation.
Brother and sisters walaahi they came in hell and we gana fire them insha allaaah.
Wabilaahi towfiiq
Ahmedkaafi

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
...Ethiopian army not muslim...

As Salaamu Alaykum
Watch out in saying that. Some may be true Muslims. Read this Hadith:

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 71:

Narrated Abu Dhar:

That he heard the Prophet saying, "If somebody accuses another of Fusuq (by calling him 'Fasiq' i.e. a wicked person) or accuses him of Kufr, such an accusation will revert to him (i.e. the accuser) if his companion (the accused) is innocent." ( Sahih Bukhari)

maymun

As Salaamu Alaykum

Narrated Abu Dhar:

That he heard the Prophet saying, "If somebody accuses another of Fusuq (by calling him 'Fasiq' i.e. a wicked person) or accuses him of Kufr, such an accusation will revert to him (i.e. the accuser) if his companion (the accused) is innocent." ( Sahih Bukhari)

:salam2: your brother or sister we not allow in islam by calling some <faqis > becouse allah kwos what in side that person and we can't juige anyone
but still when see what's happening is saomalia trust me you'll say that too
there is new war starting all over and only allah knows how long is ganna go on.
and brother ahmed kaafi I understand what u going throut but be petiant and . we ask rabb of the heavens and of the earth, and all that is in between.to finish this <FITNAH.>and you unite them for the better.insha allah:tti_sister: :tti_sister:

suumaya

Asalamu alaykum.

I think all of you need to stop going back and forth to this issue because there is nothing we can do about it except to make dua and if we are able, to give charity that is all. what is happaning in somalia is not new in fact it's happaning all around muslim countries, we are in a time when people get kill just because thay are muslim.:tti_sister:

Daliyah

Salaam Sister Suumaya,

You are correct, we should all continue to make dua. But you forget, in this case, as well as in many other cases the people being killed "because they are Muslims" are being killed by OTHER Muslims. I'm tired of people always blaming "the west" or "Christians" etc. We need to clean our OWN house.

Debbie/Daliyah

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Salaam Sister Suumaya,

You are correct, we should all continue to make dua. But you forget, in this case, as well as in many other cases the people being killed "because they are Muslims" are being killed by OTHER Muslims. I'm tired of people always blaming "the west" or "Christians" etc. We need to clean our OWN house.

Debbie/Daliyah

As Salaamu Alaykum
Ameen to that. That's why the Muslim Ummah never will go anywhere - because people blame others for their problems.

Ibn_adam

As Salaamu Alaykum

Narrated Abu Dhar:

:salam2:

There is no doubt that the Ethiopian Army as a whole is not a MUSLIM army: come on if they were MUSLIM in that case they should have declared JIHAD on Somalia. and Although Ethiopia has a large Muslim Population they are supressed by the dictatorship of Meles, ethio president and that also includes the Christians as well not just Muslims. There is only one TRIBE:TIGRAY in control of Ethiopia. I dont see how that Hadith is Relevent.

aamed

Yes its true we all need to make dua for all of our sisters and brother who are under oppressions. Remember my dear brothers and sister the problem is not only Muslims killing each other. The root of the problem is the involvement of West and Christian Crusaders who are instigating the problems among of Muslims. Each and every one of us can do something about our concern and worries about our home country of Somalia and other oppressed Muslim countries. I believe that no single type of action will alone stop war and injustice. We instead promote a diversity of non-violent tactics -- from congressional lobbying to civil resistance -- and encourage you or your organization to participate in whatever ways you prefer. Here are some ideas:

Get Involved United for peace and Justice, Stay Informed and Take Action.
Email or call Congress and tell your Congressional representatives to
take action about the situation in Somalia now! Click here to find your Senators' online contact forms.

IMAM

there is more than meets the eye

JUST WHY DID THE US ATTACK Somalia two weeks ago? Of course, the answer given for the US military intervention and the generally accepted notion is the hunt for terrorists. But is it?

Are terrorists the only bone of contention the US has with Somalia? When the US military devised “Operation Restore Hope” in 1993 which was short-lived after they were whipsawed by rag-tag militia in and around Mogadishu, were they fighting the ‘war on terror’?

They couldn’t have been because this war was to start much later, If anything it is a post-Sept 11 phenomenon. So then why did the US bomb ICU extremists in the name of Al Qaeda terrorists and not throughout last year when they occupied Mogadishu?

Just why is Somalia so important to the US, and by extension the big boys of Europe and some Gulf states?

A UN Somalia Monitoring Group report released in November 2005 reveals that a dozen countries, namely Yemen, Djibouti, Libya, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Iran, Syria, Eritrea, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Uganda were all poking their noses into the Somalia pie.

What the UN Somalia Monitoring Group didn’t reveal, however, is that these were not the only countries which were interested in the country.

The little known yet well-heeled contact group, consisting of Norway, the US, UK, France and Tanzania (just an appendage) are also deeply enmeshed in Somalia.

While the terrorism theory holds some water, the reality of the factors contributing to the mess in Somalia is pegged on natural resources. Oil and gas are Somalia’s Achilles heel. It is an open secret that four US oil giants are sitting pretty on money-spinning concessions expecting to reap huge windfalls from massive resources of both oil and gas in Somalia.

The story of Somalia and oil goes back to the colonial period. British and Italian geologists first identified oil deposits during that period of imperialism.

The first oil wells historically referred to as the Daga Shabell series were dug in the 1960s. Tiny gas discoveries adjacent to Socotra were also noted..

The race for these precious natural resources took a new turn in 1988, when the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the World Bank, with the support of the governments of Britain, France and Canada and backed by several Western oil companies financed a regional hydrocarbon study of the countries bordering the Red Sea and the Gulf of Eden.

The countries were Somalia, Ethiopia and Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia was later dropped, but not before it had been established that within the study area, massive deposits of oil and gas existed.

The results of the findings were presented to a three-day American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Eastern Hemisphere group conference, in London in September, 1991. Is there oil in Somalia? Listen to the answer:

“It’s there. There’s no doubt there’s oil there,” said geologist Thomas E. O’Connor, the World Bank’s principal petroleum engineer, who steered the in-depth, three-year study of oil prospects in Somalia’s Gulf of Eden in the northern coastal region.

The study was intended to encourage private investment in the petroleum potential of eight African nations. The conclusions of their findings are quite telling as the geologists put Somalia and Sudan at the top of the list of prospective commercial oil producers.

While presenting their results during the conference, two geologists involved in the study (an American and an Egyptian) reported that the investigation of nine exploratory wells dug in Somalia pointed out that the region was “situated within the oil window, and thus (is) highly prospective for gas and oil.”

Geologist, Z. R. Beydoun, who was involved in the survey, noted that “the geological parameters conducive to the generation, expulsion and trapping of significant amounts of oil and gas” were within the offshore sites. Soon after a race for lucrative deals kicked off in earnest.

Four US oil companies, namely Conoco, Chevron, Amoco and Philips have concessions in nearly two thirds of Somalia. This quartet of oil conglomerates was granted these contracts in the final days of Somalia’s deposed dictator, Siad Barre. The US first military engagement in Somalia was fully supported by Conoco.

Daliyah

That's an interesting theory, but something tells me if there were Oil and resources in Somalia of any notable quantity, they would have been exploited by now, since the environment was pretty condusive to that in the 80's under Barre. With all the bloodshed that has been going on in Sudan, there is STILL oil production coming out, so I don't think the threat of violence is much of a deterrant to big oil companies (they let the locals deal with the risks for the most part anyway).

I think the fact that there ARE NO resources in Somalia is the reason they are in the shape they are in now. When the Somalis invaded Ethioipia in the 70's, it wasn't over oil, it was just over demographics (the Ogaden region of Ethiopia was inhabited by ethnic Somalis). If there were diamonds, oil, uranium etc, we would have seen a lot more activity and direct foreign investment and intervention throughout the last two decades. But we'll see, as Allah knows best.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
...I think the fact that there ARE NO resources in Somalia...

As Salaamu Alaykum
Somalia's main resource is Uranium. This leads me to believe (and Allah (SWT) knows best) that Ethiopia invaded Somalia for the Uranium so that they could get nuclear weapons. This also leads me to believe that the U.S. (and Allah (SWT) knows best) wants to either get some of the uranium or help Ethiopia get it.

Daliyah

Salaam New Muslim,

I mentioned uranium specifically in my post because I heard the same thing you did; that Somalia has small but verifiable quantities of uranium. I have heard this on several occasions - namely when the US wanted to justify a war with Iraq and now with Iran. The US has been saying for about a year that it was Iran that armed the Islamic Courts of Somalia in exchange for Uranium for Iran's "nuclear designs".

Do you know what Somalia's exports are per year? About $241 million dollars. THAT IS NOTHING. That's even less than it's little neighbor to the north, Djibouti, which exports $250 million and has 1/3 the size and 1/16 the population of Somalia. Meaning if Somalia really had these Uranium deposits and Oil reserves (rather than bananas and livestock), the export figure would be a LOT higher. The CIA says Somalia has Uranium, the British press says Iraq and Iran have tried to get uranium from Somalia, and yet not a single ounce of this mysterious uranium has ever been recovered.

So, like I said, beware of marketing.

aamed

Salaam New Muslim,

I mentioned uranium specifically in my post because I heard the same thing you did; that Somalia has small but verifiable quantities of uranium. I have heard this on several occasions - namely when the US wanted to justify a war with Iraq and now with Iran. The US has been saying for about a year that it was Iran that armed the Islamic Courts of Somalia in exchange for Uranium for Iran's "nuclear designs".

Do you know what Somalia's exports are per year? About $241 million dollars. THAT IS NOTHING. That's even less than it's little neighbor to the north, Djibouti, which exports $250 million and has 1/3 the size and 1/16 the population of Somalia. Meaning if Somalia really had these Uranium deposits and Oil reserves (rather than bananas and livestock), the export figure would be a LOT higher. The CIA says Somalia has Uranium, the British press says Iraq and Iran have tried to get uranium from Somalia, and yet not a single ounce of this mysterious uranium has ever been recovered.

So, like I said, beware of marketing.
The interim government has been talking with warlords and clan elders, but has so far refused to engage with any of the Islamists. The TFG "looks stronger than before but it is doubtful it represents a substantial constituency," he said.

A broad consensus is emerging that the primary challenge in stabilising Somalia is a political one," said Matt Bryden, a Nairobi-based expert on Somalia. "The TFG has to create the environment in which peacekeeping can succeed and to do that it has to be in dialogue with the former leaders of the [Islamist-backed] courts and the constituencies that supported them," he added.

Meanwhile, conditions on the ground in Mogadishu were reverting fast to those that gave rise to Islamist rule, with widely despised clan militias re-entering the capital, Mr Bryden said.

Meanwhile, conditions on the ground in Mogadishu were reverting fast to those that gave rise to Islamist rule, with widely despised clan militias re-entering the capital, Mr Bryden said.

U.S. turns to Islamic Courts leader. The deep-seated Somali animosity towards Ethiopia and the unpopularity of the interim government are pushing the US to seek the help of Islamic Courts leader Sheikh Sharif Ahmed to stabilize the strategic Horn of Africa country, experts believe.

US Ambassador in Nairobi Michael Ranneberger plans to meet Sharif, the head of the SICS Executive Council, as early as Tuesday. "The ambassador will urge Sheikh Sharif to counsel his supporters not to carry out violence and to support the development of an inclusive government," said US Embassy spokesman Jennifer Barnes.