George W. Bush delivers his "State of the Union" address

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
Tonight, Bush delievered the annual "State of the Union Address". It was a 49 minute speech, interrupted by applause 62 times (according to the news station I'm watching).

He spoke mainly about balancing the budget, the American troops, some heroes in America. He seemed proud to say "Madame Speaker" instead of "Mister Speaker".

He avoided speaking about Iraq. He only spoke about it a little. Why? Tony Snow (White House Representative) said, this morning when discussing the speach, that it's because Bush knows that the plan isn't going well with Americans, so he'll just stay off of it.

He spoke about "Sunni Insurgents" ruining Iraq, and condemned "a few Shi'a militias". Obviously fueling the sectarian violence.

If there are any articles out on it (such as it's text, an explanation, etc.), Allah Willing I'll tell you (people are probably typing them up now).

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I heard about it. If I ever had to write a letter to him, I'd talk about Karimov "Islam", Chechnya, Iraq, Taliban, Afganistan, and Guantanamo bay.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I heard about it. If I ever had to write a letter to him, I'd talk about Karimov "Islam", Chechnya, Iraq, Taliban, Afganistan, and Guantanamo bay.

As Salaamu Alaykum
That reminds me that when he talked about Iraq, he talked about "Sunni Insurgents" ruining the place. This is obviously where all the feelings of seperation come from: George W. Bush. He blames the Sunnis for things happening in Iraq while praising the Shi'ites (condemning "a few Shi'a militias"). That's just as if I came in and said that you are violent because you aren't 20 yet!

muslima_1

Yeah i saw it on tv although i couldn't hear what he was saying coz i had it on mute... weard huh ... i usually turn my tv on but i leave it mute and get busy with my studying or whatever it is i wanna do and i do this because i'm trying to quit watching tv yeah i know it sounds crazy but i'm hoping it is gonna work lol, anyway i know he is gonna talk about the samethings he alwayz does insurgents and what not.. so i rather do some studying.

Durriyyah

Forever Student
I just found it funny that he talked about how our test scores in our children's education is going up... it's funny how statistics will show whatever you want!!

My daughter goes to school in the subarbs and in Kindergarten she was required to learn how to count up to 115. A friend of mind lives closer to the city, but by no means in a bad area. Her son was only required to learn how to count up to 31 in Kindergarten. Yes... the kids have great test scores because you lower the test depending on how badly they did the year before.

Standardized tests is a joke.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I just found it funny that he talked about how our test scores in our children's education is going up... it's funny how statistics will show whatever you want!!

My daughter goes to school in the subarbs and in Kindergarten she was required to learn how to count up to 115. A friend of mind lives closer to the city, but by no means in a bad area. Her son was only required to learn how to count up to 31 in Kindergarten. Yes... the kids have great test scores because you lower the test depending on how badly they did the year before.

Standardized tests is a joke.

As Salaamu Alaykum
The scary part about your post is that it's true...

yasmin623

Thanks for sharing brother. Hope the American will kick the Bush fella out of White House AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...!:girl3:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
But then Clinton's gonna win and it'll be hell breach. That's funny with the test scores, I used to get Bs on my Social Studies but know I'm getting Cs and Ds on tests.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
I don't think Hillary is going to win. She'll be just as bad as Bush (Allah Willing). But, America is bigoted and the majority will think that a woman should never hold the office of President, due to her "inferior" mind.