[Question] What does Islam say about hitting?

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Assalamualakum Brother's and sister's

I have a question , what does Islam say about Hitting your family (particularly a older brother against a younger brother). Is it a sin to hit him in the face and im not talking about like playful hitting, im talking about the real thing... This is also NOT about doing prayer on time or anything like that

Jazakallah Khairan

May Allah protect us all

rightpath_357

Well, hittig on the face is forbidden in Islam. If the brother is a gaurdian, it will be given more right to him. If not then no. But it depends for what. If the yugher bro is taking drugs or doing something haram, then the older bro should report it to the parents or gaurdian. If it is something come and go, then it is not allowed.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
yes, as sister said above, hitting on face is not allowed.

and it depends on the circumstances why u hit ur bro. so we cant say whether it is a sin or not.

but the person must advice another politely and gently. gentleness brings much good than anger.

andi kumala dewi

In our religion we can't hit our brother and sister cause Rasullulah Shallallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam forbid.

The Messenger of Allaah 'alaihi wa sallam as the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah:

إِذَا قَاتَلَ أَحَدُكُمْ فَلْيَجْتَنِبِ الوَجْهَ

"If any one of you should avoid hitting the face."

Sabra

Subhan'Allah

He (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said:

it should not be a smack that causes injury, and it should not be a smack in the face for example, or a smack to a lethal site; rather he should be smacked on the shoulder or the hand and the like, which would not cause him to die. Smacking on the face is risky, because the face is the highest and noblest part of a person and if a person is smacked on the face it is more humiliating and shameful then if he were to be smacked on the back. Hence it is forbidden to smack on the face. End quote

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb, 13/2

Salaams,

This is something that bothers me extremely here in Tunisia. The people here hit their children on the face so hard. They do this all the time. When I came here I told my husband's family to stop this. You could see the humiliation in the children's eyes. They still carry on with this humiliating act, only if I am around they smack them on the back. I ask Allah(swt) to guide them. If they could only see their children are more unruly because of this.

Salaams Sabra

Egyptian Aya

Assalamaliekom

yse as they said hitting at the face is forbidden even play boxing sport its forbidden as they hit the face in particular but any other sport of self defence its ok .
but in Islam as i know parents can it they kids but not badly if they did something really bad and u have no choice but to hit them so u do it but not badly also husband can hit his wife not badly also as the first case of the kids, but put into ur consideration that prophet MUHAMMED (PBUH) didnt hit his wives or his kids for any reason because he handled the issue kindly so for all Muslims it would be the last option .
:astag:

rightpath_357

He (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said:

it should not be a smack that causes injury, and it should not be a smack in the face for example, or a smack to a lethal site; rather he should be smacked on the shoulder or the hand and the like, which would not cause him to die. Smacking on the face is risky, because the face is the highest and noblest part of a person and if a person is smacked on the face it is more humiliating and shameful then if he were to be smacked on the back. Hence it is forbidden to smack on the face. End quote

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb, 13/2

Salaams,

This is something that bothers me extremely here in Tunisia. The people here hit their children on the face so hard. They do this all the time. When I came here I told my husband's family to stop this. You could see the humiliation in the children's eyes. They still carry on with this humiliating act, only if I am around they smack them on the back. I ask Allah(swt) to guide them. If they could only see their children are more unruly because of this.

Salaams Sabra

awwwwww! AstagfirAllah! poor kids! same, i think it's better to explain to kids quite a few times first, then maybe start using a harsher VOICE on them- and as the final resort, if it is very bad, hit on the back- and not to hard. Because with that much excitement, work from school and the regular obstacles of childhood, kids often tend to forget what has been told! There is a difference between forgetting, not obeying with a good reason, or just not obeying.