Hello!

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Islam. I do not wish to misrepresent myself, as I am not a Muslim, but my husband is. I spent the summer with his family in Morocco and found the people there to be more warm and genuine than any I have met before. They brought me right into their family, regardless of the fact that I am a Christian and have never expressed a desire to be anything but. Obviously there Islam was all around us and my husband and I had many conversations, from which I enjoyed learning.

I am in the process of learning arabic, really just at the alphabet right now and how to write letters. But I would really like to be able to speak to my mother-in-law and the other family members. Actually I was surprised at how well she and I were able to learn to communicate with one another and I can honestly say that I love her and feel like she loves me like her own daughter so I would love to be able to talk to her more in depth than we can at this time.

I cannot exactly explain it, having been a devout Christian, but I feel something the more I learn. I have said, prior to my marriage, that I would love to be able to convert to Islam so our family would be united in that, but there are things I believe as a Christian that would be difficult to let go of and that I would not be able to take a step like that. Are there others out there reading this who have gone through this? How did you deal with it?

I'm not saying I am necessarily interested in converting, but I am definitely interested in learning more and have so many questions but don't know where to start. I'm here trying to figure that out.

Thank you to anyone who can offer suggestions and I wish everyone a great week!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Greetings sister in humanity, :D

I first welcome you to our TTI family, smile now for you found a new cyper home:D which God willing you'll come to love and learn alot !
I also wanted to congratulate you for your marriage, I am happy for your and your hobby, hope you guys lead a blessed, happy life together. In addition to welcoming you, I wanted to comment on something you said on your thread:
but there are things I believe as a Christian that would be difficult to let go of and that I would not be able to take a step like that.
sister, maybe you can tell us what it's that you cannot let go....from there we can maybe help you inshaAllah(God willing). There are many reverts here who were Christians before and I am pretty sure all of them will be willing to help you in learning.
I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I hope you benefit from us and that we benefit from you.
May we be all guided to the right path.Amen!
take care sister,
PS: you can ask all you want to be answered and InshaAllah we'll try our best to answer you and help you in your progress.
keep smilling :D:D:D:D

rightpath_357

Welcome 2 TTI sis! dont worry- there are lots of people that r not Muslims on this site. I hope u gain lots of knowledge from this site. then it will be easier to let go of Christianity- (ONLY if u choose sis- no one will ever pressure u) . hope u r happy with this site nd stay for a long time. :hearts:

revert2007

Love Fishing
well am a revert and it was difficult though to let go something that u hv been doing for the past 20 or 30 years...but it takes time to forget the past and move on with the new life and learn to love the new things..

everything should begin from ur heart...there is no point of doing anything for the sake of others coz Allah only cares what is in ur heart..even if ur tongue utters the shahadah but ur heart do not accept it...then ur shahadah is not valid and will not be accepted by Allah...ur heart should eccept it cos thats the place ur going to place the love for Allah..continue to learn..i tokk 12 years though lol...since 8 years old journey lol..and only Allah knows when is ur time..if u wanna learn arabic of morrocn dialec..u can ask brother abadillah...he is morrocon and teaches arabic..

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happier than I have ever been and am blessed to have the husband I have. He is a good man and accepts me as I am and does not expect anything from me with respect to religion.

I guess the thing that is most difficult for me is how I feel like I am rejecting God and Jesus and what if I study Islam, decide to accept it, and I'm wrong. I have been a very devoted Christian but have had a difficult time with religion in general the past couple of years. I don't want to be jumping from religion to religion because I felt very peaceful about the one I was a part of before. Then I began to feel like I was a horrible person if I didn't do things perfectly and began to live more out of fear of being rejected by God than anything and I had to get out of that way of thinking. I have been out of religion for a while now and always intended on trying to figure it out as I could. I was not expecting to feel what I have felt and it scares me a little bit because it's so different from what I have known. At the same time it seems so genuine.

I guess I'd really like to know where to start. Is there someone to talk to at a mosque or is there something to read? I guess I'd just like to know more.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

You may find the following list helpful in your approach at learning Islamic theology:

1) Learn about the Description of Allah (God) in Islam
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41043 and

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41045

2) Purpose for the Creation
3) Other matters dealing with theology: Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), Angels, Day of Judgment, etc.

You may find the following website links helpful:

1) http://www.islamreligion.com/
2) The Deen Show- Conversations with a former minister, scroll down to the bottom of the page in order to view videos
http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=guest&id=9

You may also follow the following link in order to learn the basics of Islamic theology: http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=guest&id=5

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Hello sister,
Welcome to the forum 1st of all, 2nd of all no one can force you into Islam, Islam is not just a religion its a way of life and form of achieving happiness throught submitting ur will. I think you have a fear of islam being wrong, i just want to point you to these verses. its for people of the book (christian/jews) specificially

Surah Al-Buqara 2: 111-112
And they say: None entereth paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian. These are their own desires. Say: Bring your proof (of what ye state) if ye are truthful. (111) Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. (112)

sister, i would suggest that you grab a red letter bible, it highlights all the words of Jesus christ in red and put them together and see how closely they are to islam and Jesus (PBUH) taught nothing but Islam.
Although, listen to scholars like Sheikh AHmed Deedat and Zakir Naik.
If you would like i can sugguest you some videos.

My best wishes for you sister
May God bless your family - ameen

you can for sure contact me with any questions you have

take care

revert2007

Love Fishing
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happier than I have ever been and am blessed to have the husband I have. He is a good man and accepts me as I am and does not expect anything from me with respect to religion.

I guess the thing that is most difficult for me is how I feel like I am rejecting God and Jesus and what if I study Islam, decide to accept it, and I'm wrong. I have been a very devoted Christian but have had a difficult time with religion in general the past couple of years. I don't want to be jumping from religion to religion because I felt very peaceful about the one I was a part of before. Then I began to feel like I was a horrible person if I didn't do things perfectly and began to live more out of fear of being rejected by God than anything and I had to get out of that way of thinking. I have been out of religion for a while now and always intended on trying to figure it out as I could. I was not expecting to feel what I have felt and it scares me a little bit because it's so different from what I have known. At the same time it seems so genuine.

I guess I'd really like to know where to start. Is there someone to talk to at a mosque or is there something to read? I guess I'd just like to know more.

first of all...u should find the truth of the religion that ur following.is Jesus really God or son of God or just prophet??and what is trinity?buy some bibles and compare then verse my verse and u can see many contradictions...why are there contradictions?and where in the bible did Jesus claim he is the God?

u have to analyse christinity itself...who is jesus..whom did he worshipped..whom did his mother May Allah bless her worshiped..and all these things u must know..bible's orgine language is hebrew..so why not reading it in hebrew?when u change the whole languae,the whole meaning is not there...and jesus do not know that his name is jesus..who gave the name jesus?if he is alive and u call him jesus..he will never answer unless u call him Issa...that's his name..

Is Jesus God? - Ahmed Deedat Vs Eric Bock 1 of 17

Attachments

• Answering those who altered the religion of Jesus Christ - Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah.pdf
    11.8 MB · Views: 39
  • Islam&Christ.pdf
    175.8 KB · Views: 49
  • MuhammadInTheBible.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
  • Is_The_Bible_Gods_Word.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

nizar83

aselemu aleikum sister..peace be upon you

as a moroccan(born and raised in the netherlands) im happy to hear you were given a good welcome and had a good time in morocco...hamdulilaah

i hope inshallah you will be objective in your search for the truth, and whenever you see or hear the truth, i hope you wont be as stubborn as the ones that went before us...because history teaches us that many people before us...knew islam was the truth without a doubt, it made perfect sense for them...but yet they wouldnt give up the religion of their forefathers..just for the sake of being used to it..please sister dont be like them..its 4 your own best..

any questions just ask us, may ALLAH bless you and your family

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum sister

Subhan Allah the brothers and sisters in this forum are here to help you with any kind of information you require. Do not hesitate to ask. We, as Muslims, worship One and Only One Lord, The Creator, The Sustainer, The Cherisher of Everything, whatever is in the heavens and the earth. We call Him - Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala). We also accept Jesus to be a Prophet and a very close servant to The Lord of Mankind, to whom Jesus himself knelt down with his head on the ground and worshipped.

So if you were to accept Islam and pray how we pray and Prophet Jesus prayed i.e. bowing down with your head on the ground and if Prophet Jesus was present today, would he think that you're rejecting The Lord and his teachings?

Islam is crystal clear in everything that is mentioned regarding The Creator of this Universe and the Prophets and Messengers who are close to Him. The last Messenger and the most beloved to Him is Prophet Muhammed (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). Please remember that if you have "Sincere Intention" to find, learn and understand the truth; study all the religions of the world and see in which you find peace and contentment.

I wish the best for you and your family sister. May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala guide you, for whom He guides nobody can misguide and whom He does not guide there is nobody to guide.

Please take a few minutes to go through these threads on this forum -

Who is Allah?

What is a Muslim?

The Status of Women in Islam

And try to read the history of Scholars in Islam who were Christians before but later embraced Islam.

Have you heard about Dr. Keith Moore? Please read these excerpts by Scientists on Quran.

Thanks a lot for taking your precious time in reading this humble message.

walaikum as salam.

muslim10012

hi sister

think about this , if god want children , why he has only one child ?

take your time , learn about islam , may allah help you

:salam2:

sanan khan

well come sister. have a nice stay here. all brothers and sisters are very helpfull. dont worry. hope TTI will beneficial for you.

The_truth

Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Islam. I do not wish to misrepresent myself, as I am not a Muslim, but my husband is. I spent the summer with his family in Morocco and found the people there to be more warm and genuine than any I have met before. They brought me right into their family, regardless of the fact that I am a Christian and have never expressed a desire to be anything but. Obviously there Islam was all around us and my husband and I had many conversations, from which I enjoyed learning.

I am in the process of learning arabic, really just at the alphabet right now and how to write letters. But I would really like to be able to speak to my mother-in-law and the other family members. Actually I was surprised at how well she and I were able to learn to communicate with one another and I can honestly say that I love her and feel like she loves me like her own daughter so I would love to be able to talk to her more in depth than we can at this time.

I cannot exactly explain it, having been a devout Christian, but I feel something the more I learn. I have said, prior to my marriage, that I would love to be able to convert to Islam so our family would be united in that, but there are things I believe as a Christian that would be difficult to let go of and that I would not be able to take a step like that. Are there others out there reading this who have gone through this? How did you deal with it?

I'm not saying I am necessarily interested in converting, but I am definitely interested in learning more and have so many questions but don't know where to start. I'm here trying to figure that out.

Thank you to anyone who can offer suggestions and I wish everyone a great week!

Hello, welcome to the forum. I thought i would paste some very interesting links for you to look at. You may relate to some of the converts in the videos because they may have gone through what you are going through.

I've also pasted the link "Very Useful Threads For Those Looking Into Islam" which includes various very interesting and thought provoking articles on various aspects of Islam which you will be interested in finding out about.

Allah is wanting to lead you towards Islam and not everyone is given the most amazing gift of faith. If you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

How The Bible Led Me To Islam

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=729245.html&

Very Useful Threads For Those Looking Into Islam, Some Amazing threads for those looking into Islam!!!

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=729261.html&

Brilliant "proof Of Islam" Lectures By Abdul Rahman Green

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=729249.html&

See why they converted to Islam:

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=44218

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
And even though they act as though they are accepting of who you are that is only until they realize they can't convert you. Unless you willingly want to convert I am here to tell you that this marriage will start off full of promise and love only eventually tear you apart at the core. I know my friend. Things were great with me and my ex for the first few years then slowly and little by little all the things that I was used to in my life....wearing weather appropriate clothing, normal beach apparel, the friends you were used to, your family even. You will lose your ability to celebrate holidays you have always known and loved and that will become a sore spot with your family as well. The only way to remotely make it work and stay true to who you are is to NOT have kids. And remember.....God does not bless marriages that are unequally yoked. I am living proof. I have been divorced now for 4 months and am happier than I thought possible and blessed by our Creator in multitudes of ways. Do not turn your back on God and Christ.

Ehh Excuse me? It seems like you are trying to say that a Muslims are bad in just general. Do you think a Muslim is a complete mirror of his religion? No! The prophet was the best example of a Muslim and trust me , Just because a person say's he is Muslim, Does not mean he follows Islam. It would be good if you elaborated on your post more, and actually, Judging that you only made 2 posts and they are Anti-Islam?, it looks like You only came here to take people away from Learning Islam and its true teachings. If you dont want to learn about Islam and dont know anything about it then dont make Anti-Islamic posts because you dont know what Islam's true teachings are.

Let me ask you,
Hiter was Christian, Now, He wiped out more than 5,000,000 Jews, Would it be fair if i said Hitler was following the way's of Christianity and that what he did was based off his religion?

You tell me

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Just because its your expierience, it doesnt mean it is everyone's. Im sorry your marriage did'nt work out but just because of 1 person you are saying a Muslim Man and Christian Woman will not work out? My brother's wife was christian and she was a strong christian. My brother gave her books about Islam and when she compared the two, She wanted to convert because of our religions Wisdom, Its Teachings, Its Authenticity, And it's way of life.

Edit: In Our Religion, If God will's, Then the marriage will succeed. If God Will's, The Marriage will not Succeed. It seem's you do not know that for Muslim's, Our life is a test based on our actions, And, Reactions.

abdellah007

Hi sister,

My brothers and sisters here are willing to help you and answer all your questions insha allah.

I am glad you like my country and its people.

salam

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
It is alright in Islam that a Muslim man be married to a christian woman. The only thing is, The children Must be Muslim. This must be accepted before the marriage for the Muslim or else this Marriage in Islam is Invalid or they both agree the kid's will practice Islam.

It is alright in our religion that the wife can remain in her own religion and can stay and remain in her own beliefs. We cannot force it upon you, we can only give you knowledge about it. If your husband was forcing it upon you, this is not a teaching of Islam.

Edit: Also Vdiane, if the Muslim Know's what is right from wrong in Islam, and is following Islam and it's teaching, Then the marriage would have Succeeded, Unless God wills otherwise. Because, Our religion shows us the way of life and how to treat other people with respect and Actions.

revert2007

Love Fishing
I just forgot my old account information you can search dianeK or diane_k to see my previous posts. And I stand up whole-heartedly that marriages between a devout Christian and a devout Muslim will not be successful. It will not be blessed. And I am not saying muslims are all bad....what I am saying is that a Muslim man will not have his children exposed to Christian values....he will eventually resent you for not becoming the muslim wife he truly seeks. It will erode the marriage. All the love in the beginning fades to blackness. I am just of the opinion NOW that Christian should marry christians and muslims should marry muslims for the future happiness of both. Like her I loved my inlaws!!!! I just could no longer be subjected to the muslim man I married any longer. And since God has blessed me immensely....my life is better than I could have ever had hoped had I stayed in that prison. I have a wonderful supportive Church now, I talk to God more than ever and I know he has a plan for me. Have a blessed day.

you said very well here...there some who Allah guides..will surrender to Allah..but those do not gudied by Him will hv these prolems...as i hv said in previous post..these dyas man care more of the green car(i assume ur from UK or US or Canada)

so they dont care the religion but they care how they can be rich quickly and jus grab any woman as long as it is allowed in islam for the sake of getting the green card...a woman should think wisely before she given her hand to any man...and a muslim man should follow the sunnah of the prophet and be a guidance and role model for other people...but too mad that these days women meet wrong guys....

abdellah007

I just forgot my old account information you can search dianeK or diane_k to see my previous posts. And I stand up whole-heartedly that marriages between a devout Christian and a devout Muslim will not be successful. It will not be blessed. And I am not saying muslims are all bad....what I am saying is that a Muslim man will not have his children exposed to Christian values....he will eventually resent you for not becoming the muslim wife he truly seeks. It will erode the marriage. All the love in the beginning fades to blackness. I am just of the opinion NOW that Christian should marry christians and muslims should marry muslims for the future happiness of both. Like her I loved my inlaws!!!! I just could no longer be subjected to the muslim man I married any longer. And since God has blessed me immensely....my life is better than I could have ever had hoped had I stayed in that prison. I have a wonderful supportive Church now, I talk to God more than ever and I know he has a plan for me. Have a blessed day.

The failure of your marriage doesnt mean a failure of all mixed marriage, but coming back to this forum after that long time and trying to impose your thoughts on others is not really a good thing, Let people choose their path, so many succeed and other failed, that's how life is.