Is Somalia Dangerous?

aamed

From 1996 until the middle of 2006, an anarchic equilibrium had sometimes provided safe haven to terrorists operating in East Africa. But in June 2006, an Islamic fundamentalist movement known as the Islamic Courts Union seized control of Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, despite an unsuccessful U.S. attempt to strengthen a coalition of warlords along with Ethiopian forces.

mahdi

From 1996 until the middle of 2006, an anarchic equilibrium had sometimes provided safe haven to terrorists operating in East Africa. But in June 2006, an Islamic fundamentalist movement known as the Islamic Courts Union seized control of Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, despite an unsuccessful U.S. attempt to strengthen a coalition of warlords along with Ethiopian forces.

i am somlai, i don't really get what you are saying , but the islamic courts were not terrorists ,they were a group of shieks who wanted to rule the country with the law of the quran and the hadith, i mean the islamic sheria, they succesfuly done that, and we were in peace until america started saying lies about them being al qaida, the islamists were attacked by the ethiopian forces and the worlords, they couldn't resist the american and the ethipian army and they all left the country, now we are back they way we were before , somlaia is now one of the dengrous places in the world, thanks to america

muslima_1

Don't Think So

:SMILY45: Aamed I think you really don’t know what is going on in Somalia now, because if you did you wouldn’t be talking about the guys that used to call themselves Islamic Courts Union. Last I heard was that the head of that group gave himself up to Kenyan and US officials!! Well that is really a shame.. here was this guy calling for jihad, and supposedly fight till his last breath!! So what happened??
Oh yeah… he was doing all this because he did not want Somalia to have a government and definitely not the one that of another tribe… wow… so he got all this young men twisted their minds with religion and told them they were fighting jihad… but against who? Yeah other Somalis ( because we all know before the Ethiopians came it started with the other parts of Somalia who did not want anything to do them because they knew what was behind the smoke screen) so what reason did he get all these young men killed for? So that later he can give himself up and maybe get a place in the government? :SMILY288: These guys were nothing but warlords :SMILY45: they did all this when they found out about the government being recognized.You think they seized the capital? What capital? It is not capital city for Puntland or Somaliland so I don’t really know if that’s a capital… it used to be a capital years ago now it is just remains of the destruction these kind guys caused, and who did they seize it from? Their own tribe so basically they killed to take control of the city which is un Islamic then they wanted to do the same with the other parts of the country and that could not happen.
There is no more of these guys anywhere to be seen… I think they are trying to figure out who they wanna give themselves up to.
And Mahdi Somalia is not dangerous place :SMILY286: it depends what PART you are talking about, because we all know the only corrupted and dangerious place is the south.

maymun

, somlaia is now one of the dengrous places in the world, thanks to america[/QUOTE]
:salam2:
i agree with u brother mahdi, very well said. now it's begining of a new war of somalia
may Allah guide them all to the truth and unite them :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
:wasalam:

ilmseeker

Salaams,

It wasn't dangerous under ICU control. Actually it hadn't become dangerous till the Ethiopians and their Somali puppets "gained power"....they will not hold it for too long, I say. For Allah gives victory to the Righteous Mutaqin/Muslimeen/Mumineen aka most of the Somali People and The ICU. Not the Munafiq aka TFG who ally with the Kuffar [Ethiopians] to kill their own brothers and sisters!

Ah, we wait, and we wait patiently. Indeed Allah loves those who are patient!

May Allah bring peace and prosperity back into somalia, rid it of the filth that has invaded it and make it into a strong Islamic State. Ameen, thumma, Ameen. :)

Wa'salaams

Ibn_adam

what are you on about?

firstly, :salam2:

Aamed your use of western terminology such as Islamic fundamentalists is very sad and i wish you would refrain from saying so, especially for those whose only goal was to make Allah’s law above all. Now to answer this misconception about the "surrender" of Sh. Sheriif, actually he has not surrendered but rather he is there for diplomatic reasons and sources "credible" say he was there 10 days ago after the capture of 10 US soldiers in rascamboni jungle, all praise is due to Allah.

aamed

Aslamu Alekum,

Brother Ibin Adam, Point well taking, inshallah I will correct myself.

Dear sister muslima1, Please try to be more realistic as what you saying about the issue of Somalia. Even those who offended and attacked our home country see as the Union Islamic Court were and are still best solution for Somalis and Somalia.

U.S. turns to Islamic Courts leader. The deep-seated Somali animosity towards Ethiopia and the unpopularity of the interim government are pushing the US to seek the help of Islamic Courts leader Sheikh Sharif Ahmed to stabilize the strategic Horn of Africa country, experts believe.

Washington does not want Ethiopia to have the upper hand and believes its role ended with routing the Supreme Islamic Courts of Somalia (SICS)," US Ambassador in Nairobi Michael Ranneberger plans to meet Sharif, the head of the SICS Executive Council, as early as Tuesday.

The US knows pretty well that the presence of loathed Ethiopian troops in Somalia would not secure the much-sought political stability.

The interim government is highly unpopular among Somalis because of its alliance with Ethiopia.

Sheikh Sharif has turned himself over to Kenyan authorities over the weekend and is currently staying in an upscale hotel under Kenyan protection.

He is considered the number two in the once powerful SICS, which was ousted from the capital Mogadishu and strongholds in southern Somalia in recent weeks by Ethiopian forces.

Sheikh Sharif had been the public face of the SICS when it first started to flex its muscles in January and February of last year, booting US-backed warlords from Mogadishu.

young muslimaah

servant of allah

sister muslima 1 i really disagree with you from what i can see from your post you are trying to divide somalia. what do you mean by it ''depends what PART you are talking about, because we all know the only corrupted and dangerious place is the south''.
you are supposed to make dua for the southern part of somalia instead of talking like that. sister i hope you think twice be4 you write things like this
alahu akbar

may allah help somalia and the muslim countries amiin :tti_sister:

duran

The Only thing I can say is....Somalia was in peace the 6 months when the Islamic courts were ruling...then all the kufars and those who work with dont want Somalia to be peace, So they throw out Islamic courts so that Somalia can come back to the war time....How sad....O'Allah bring back Islamic courts and give them power to cupture somalia...Ameen...

Allah Knows whats best for Us....

Ibn_adam

The Only thing I can say is....Somalia was in peace the 6 months when the Islamic courts were ruling...then all the kufars and those who work with dont want Somalia to be peace, So they throw out Islamic courts so that Somalia can come back to the war time....How sad....O'Allah bring back Islamic courts and give them power to cupture somalia...Ameen...

Allah Knows whats best for Us....

AAAMEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

muslima_1

ok Shiek Sharif why did he refuse to work with the government if he cared so much about the country? Because he did not care about the country or it is people, he had a political agenda and it was not about Islam they were using the name as a smoke screen but unfortunately it did not work for them. He turn himself in to the Kenyan officails and you are right he did that for POLITICAL reason not a religious one Why would he turn himself to the Kufrs?:confused: He is nothing but a coward, nobody would do that and especially no Somali would do that ...if they were fighting for Islam like he said he was they would fight till their death, but that is not the case he did everything for political reasons and he knows it that is why he seeking protection, he had all these young men in the fron lines when he was hiding in the jungle and when there was none left he ran to the Kenyan border and said please take me in and protect me... that is really shame. I hate people that use religion for their own purposes,
and those of you who think the government is not popular, it is puppet for Ethiopia, and it will not last well you are wrong and you all fallen in to the category of those who don't want peace for Somalia, just because some guy started nonesense to oppose it does not mean that is what is really going on in the country, it will last with the help of Allah and those who want peace and inshallah it will bring peace and stability.

whoever said i was dividing Somalia! for your information it has been divided long time ago when the civil war started, where was the unity you are talking about when people were being killed and being driven out of their homes just because they were not from the south and yes the only dangerious place is the south, so i suggest you get your facts right.

Ibn_adam

TO SIS MUSLIMA_1

Sister you are confused, you aprove he is a SHIEKH and yet you slander him. Sister it seems what is happening in Somalia is beyond your understand. Please reflect on the things you are saying because it is HEART BREAKING. The following verse in the Quran shows what the current government are.

005.051 يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَارَى أَوْلِيَاءَ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّهُمْ مِنْكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ مِنْهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ
005.051 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
Al-Qur'an, 005.051 (Al-Maeda [The Table, The Table Spread])

aamed

Dear Sister Muslima 1, Ishallah I will do my best to make you understand as why the Ethiopian Goverment and their President Meles Zenawi’s policy of invading Somalia is wrong.

Why was it now so urgent that Meles took military action against a country that is week and defenseless after more than 15 years of fratricidal wars in part fuelled and aggravated by Meles himself?

During its preparation for the cowardly invasion, we have witnessed the Ethiopian regime and its diplomats grappling from one ground to another in a bid to justify the invasion: Jihadist threat against Ethiopia, the presence of Al Qai’da, ICU’s territorial ambition against Ethiopia, SOS call from the “Somali Government” in Baidowa, presence of Eritrea in Somalia, a 1995 assassination attempt against the late Abdul-Majid Hussein (God bless his sole), implementing a regional “Resolution” sponsored by IGAD, etc. In short the objective behind invading Somalia was defending the security and territorial integrity of Ethiopia from the ICU, guarding the Horn of Africa from “Islamic Extremism”, and protecting the world especially the US from the Al Qai’da network, all at the same time. What a righteous government, a devoted regional police, and a dutiful international servant!!!

Similarly, the invasion has nothing to do with the fight against global terrorism; 1) until recently, among the closest buddies and business associates of Meles Zenawi had been figures like Gadafi, the clerics in Iran, and Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe; 2) Mr. Zenawi’s ruling party, TPLF, itself follows extremist ideology of its own which is a jumble of Stalinism, Mao’s little Red Book, and the Green Book of President Ghadafi; and 3) a version of an Christina Crusaders Fundamentalism style suicide mission was one of the tactics employed by Zenawi’s party during its fight against the previous regime of Ethiopia. Therefore, attributing the invasion to the fight of terrorism or the Islamic Court’s territorial ambitions against Ethiopia is both erroneous and a gross simplification of the complex game Zenawi has been playing in Somalia over the last several years.

Although Somalia had no legitimate government sense 1991 and had always been of great interest to Meles for fear of opposition activities (read mainly OLF and ONLF) than terrorism per se, the post 9/11 scenario spurred Meles to dive into Somalia to prepare a fertile ground to weave a reliable string to be pulled vis-à-vis its dealings with the US. During the occasion of the anointing ceremony at the White House, Mr. Zenawi presented himself, as the only tough guy who knows the nooks, creeks and bays of Somalia and that without his support any anti terrorism campaign in the region was doomed to failure. (In fact Mr. Zenawi and his comrades are pretty familiar with Somalia since Somalia was one of the launching pads used by the group in terrorizing the region in the ’70s and ‘80s. Therefore, the US policy makers had little reason to doubt the authority carried by Zenawi’s claim.)

None of these cover-ups, however, represent the true reasons for the debacle

Just few days before the invasion, an official from the International Crisis Group had stayed in Somalia for weeks and visited many parts of the country including Mogadishu. Upon his return to the US he was interviewed by the National Public Radio (NPR) where he emphasized that the allegation of Al Qaida presence in Somalia was absolutely false and that the ICU falling under Al Qaida’s control was a fabrication. The journalist then asked the gentleman as to why Assistant Secretary Jendayi Frazer reiterated these allegations, to which he replied that it was because “the State Department relied on the information fed by the Government of Ethiopia which is exaggerating the situation in Somalia so as to secure a continued support from the US Government.”

Accordingly, the presence of Al Qai’da and its domination over the ICU was a fabricated intelligence designed to heat up the scare and the otherwise legitimate US concern in the region; the invasion was pre-planned and carefully choreographed by Mr. Zenawi’s party. Ethiopians know very well from their experience at home that Mr. Zenawi’s party is a master in casting dummies, conjuring scares, forging claims, and seasoning make-believe stories. (That is how the Ethiopian government is conducting the fictitious charges against prominent Ethiopian politicians.) It was very easy for Mr. Zenawi to transpose his domestic skills to the foreign arena so as to deceive the US administration by overplaying his Somali card.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
SubhanaAllah

I don't have much to write about this but I want to say is stop wasting ur time about things that u can't change. we need to take our time for praying for our brothers and sisters :tti_sister:

There are about 15 people dying each day in Somalia incase u don't know much like Iraq. That was what the kufar wanted to put somalia in square one. ( QABIIL QABIIL). :astag: And you know why the kufar's plan is working cuz we have no knowlege about our deen and the ones who have we put them behind.:astag:

I am sorry if I offended anybody. that is just how I feel:girl3:.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear brothers and sisters
Well I have not gone through all the posts but I have seen people debating over trying to confirm their own words. Brothers and sisters, you will never be able to understand whatever is going on in Somalia until and unless you yourself go and view the situation in Somalia or get a first hand information report.
Getting information from the media which is mostly ruled by the kuffar world will not help at all.
Instead of trying to bash some people, calling them unislamic or cowards or whatever, we need to revamp our own ideologies and think what we are doing aazobillah.
We need to realise the fact that our muslim brothers and sister in somalia and other parts of the world are being tortured and harassed and are going through great danger each and every moment.
Just pray for them and make duas Insha Allah Taala.
If you want to go fight for their cause for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala you are highly welcome.
Otherwise please do not believe what the media world is saying as they want to portray their own version.
I leave you all under the shade of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala.
May Allah give us Hidayah, Hikmah and put Barakah in our deeds and guide us with His Noor.
walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Ahmedkaafi

as mulima 1 talks not good (quote from Muslima 1)

whoever said i was dividing Somalia! for your information it has been divided long time ago when the civil war started, where was the unity you are talking about when people were being killed and being driven out of their homes just because they were not from the south and yes the only dangerious place is the south, so i suggest you get your facts right.[/QUOTE]

Asalaamu alaykum all

I am sorry 2 hear again some one talk like the enemy who wants 2 divide somalian ,sister i am from north and i don,t interesting ur idea,becouse of you talk like those want somalia 2 divide a several state.

we know what is going in north somalian,all sheiks in the Jail and it is Gountanamo bye for somalia scholers(Mulahs) Est somalian too, we somalian we have to follow our scholar Like sheik Sharif Sh. Ahmed and we need more we somalian to have sharia Low every where in Somalia ,see now what is going in Mogadisho not peace After UIC, where is the federal goverment and the enemy,they will not get forever control becouse of the peaple nead United Islamic Courts,that is why the kufr like to talk to sharif,and insha allaah they will back soon.
Wabilaahi tofik

Globalpeace

Banned
Somalia & Pakistan: A heart-warming story!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I was visiting a small Somali community in California (in Ramadhan) when a group of youngsters came to tell me that their Grandmother wanted to see me. Surprised I went along to see her.

I went in a house & saw an old woman who spoke to me (translated):

Kids tell me you are from Pakistan so I confirmed. She said that she was in Somalia during Ramadhan and the Pakistan Army (UN peacekeepers) took over from the Dutch during Ramadhan and announced that since this is Ramadhan all are free to visit the Mosque & pray Taraveeh (although their orders were shoot to kill during curfew like their predecessors the Dutch)…She also told me that the Army officers had meetings with the local Imam and community leaders and explained that they have to police the area (under UN convention) but they don’t want to impede Ramadhan Ibaada.

She said that since the Pakistan Army helped them eat (together) in Ramadhan she wanted to repay the favour by cooking & feeding a Pakistani (me); so despite her old age she prepared the food herself and I ate together with the whole family. I was deeply humbled and touched to say the least!

Later on I learned that the Pakistan Army rotated the infantry regiment (rumours on the Internet suggest that they got too cozy with the Somalies) and deployed Military Intelligence units MI & SSG (commandoes well known for Anti-terrorism operations and one of the best in the world and)…As a matter of fact Pakistan Army was barred from performing Patrols in Somalia and the job was given to someone else….Some will be least surprised to know that President Mussharraf was part of SSG and all of his current team of advisers are MI and none from ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence) which are rightists

After my incident with the Somali Grandmother; much later on the !”$%^&** of Pakistan Army special forces collaborated with the American forces to strike Somalia warlords and American soldiers were killed (Black-Hawk down) & 23 Pakistani Army personnel were also killed…Even despite the stupidity of the Paksitanees the Somalees mutilated the Americans but buried the Pakistani Army casualties according to Islamic Shariah (and even returned some bodies to be sent to Pakistan)

Just to give all a historical background: Pakistan Armed forces had regular deployments in Muslim countries but since the confrontation with Israeli Air Force (& shooting down their planes) in 1973 under the guise of Egyptian Air Force and detection and deciphering Israeli Army codes in mid-70’s (in Jordan under the command of a then Brigadier Zia-ul-Haq who later became president) & then training and conducting Afghan Jihad (General Akhtar Abdur-Rahman) and subsequent Nuclear explosions and now the inception of the new All-Weather Jet Fighter (jointly built with Chinese: Project Super-Seven) their overseas “commitments” have been severely reduced under the now Commander General Musharraf

For all who are interested in Afghan Jihad and the legacy of a proud, well-armed military force which has now been reduced to an American Police Force I suggest a book called:

Afghanistan the Bear Trap: The Defeat of a Superpower (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Afghanistan...ef=sr_1_1/026-1981864-4644467?ie=UTF8&s=books

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Here we go again

Most of my family live in Saudia Arabia but some still live in Somalia. Over our many phone calls, they were telling us how peaceful the country became while they Islamists were in power. Businesses could operate freely, general safety had increased significantly and the port in Mogdishu opened for the first time in almost a decade and exports were due to begin. I really had hopes that this pointless civil war would finally end, but they were dashed when US/Eithopian backed government forces drove out the Islamists. Now, they lawlessness had returned. Crime rates suddenly exploded again, and frequent gun battles have returned as a daily part of life. I hope that one day, peace and unity will grace Somalia again and I'll be able to see Somalia as it truly should be. A peaceful and Islamic state.

wasalam