new islamic game!!

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
:salam2:
Let us start a new game of writing the names of the prophets/messengers of Allah swt known to the family of TTI.
me start first!
Hazrat Adam (AS)

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
jazak allah khair for sharing. looking for more. brother abdalilah, it would be better if we write one name each, please.
i think its a game to search the names. or u can suggest its title.
wasalam

weakslave

:salam2: :)
what your proof brother ?

look at my proof from Quran , where Di lkarnayn give a prophecy in Surat Al Kahf , Ayah 97 (18:97)

98. He said: "This is a mercy from my Lord: But when the promise of my Lord comes to pass, He will make it into dust; and the promise of my Lord is true."

prophet mean he recieve revelation about the unseen , what happened in past or in future . and Allah taala know best.

there's also the prophet who teached Moussa alayhi salam many things in the same Surah Al Kahf ' the cave)

peace be upon them

wa salam alykum

Actually your reasoning brother is quite wrong. This is the first time in my life that I have heard Dhu’l-Qarnayn was a prophet. He is most definitely not a prophet, but he was a great Muslim king and leader. He was definitely someone who Allaah had given much ability.

But you cannot take one verse from the Quraan out of context and claim he was a prophet!

If we were to use your reasoning, that would mean the man that Musa alyhi assalaam met when he lost his fish, the man who came to teach him things that he had not known (the story of the ship, the boy, and the wall), his name was Al-Khudayr, was also a prophet! Read those verses in surat al-Qahf.

You will not find in the Quraan a prophet or a messenger mentioned except that Allaah the All-Mighty explicitly states whether he was a prophet or a messenger. And if it is not mentioned explicitly we look to the sunnah for ahaadith that mention them as prophets or messengers. And if we do not have either, then we can never say this person was a prophet or messenger.

I know this is really not very relevant to our lives, but I think its best we rely on sound knowledge and information, and not simply use our minds to reach conclusions.

Jazakum Allaahu Khairan.
------------------------------

I love all of the prophets! Muhammad SAAWS is dearest to me, and after him for me its Ibrahim AS.

Live4thehereafte

i think there is a difference of opinion between the scholars as to whether dhul karnain was a prophet (as) or a pious individual. I don't think iv'e come across a daleel to prove either.

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
assalamo alaikum!
should we stop here or continue adding names of messengers???
sisters comments, please,
wasalam/

Searching_soul

Prophet Samuel (Not mentioned by name in the Qur'an but 2:247 talks about him)
Prophet Talut (Saul) - i dunno if he was a prophet or just a leader of the army. Perhaps Knowledgable sis/bro can enlighten us on this.

:wasalam:

weakslave

thank you are both full of knowledge and you back any single claime with proof from Quran and Sunnah , so i just aske you to give me any Surah or Hadith mentioning the names of the names in Red above that you said .

:wasalam:

My apologies, I should have quoted the evidence.

As brother Ayman mentioned (jazaka Allaahu khairan brother), his name is mentioned in several authentic ahaadith. If you look to tafsir ibn-Kathir you will find his name mentioned alot

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2715&Itemid=73

I made a mistake in my previous post and said "Khudayr", I will investigate the correct name and report back. Here is one of the ahaadeeth brother:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: That he differed with Hur bin Qais bin Hisn Al-Fazari regarding the companion of (the Prophet) Moses. Ibn 'Abbas said that he was Khadir. Meanwhile, Ubai bin Ka'b passed by them and Ibn 'Abbas called him, saying "My friend (Hur) and I have differed regarding Moses' companion whom Moses, asked the way to meet. Have you heard the Prophet mentioning something about him? He said, "Yes. I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "While Moses was sitting in the company of some Israelites, a man came and asked him. "Do you know anyone who is more learned than you? Moses replied: "No." So Allah sent the Divine Inspiration to Moses: 'Yes, Our slave Khadir (is more learned than you.)' Moses asked (Allah) how to meet him (Khadir). So Allah made the fish as a sign for him and he was told that when the fish was lost, he should return (to the place where he had lost it) and there he would meet him (Al-Khadir). So Moses went on looking for the sign of the fish in the sea. The servant-boy of Moses said to him: Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the rock, I indeed forgot the fish, none but Satan made me forget to remember it. On that Moses said: 'That is what we have been seeking? (18.64) So they went back retracing their foot-steps, and found Khadir. (And) what happened further to them is narrated in the Holy Qur'an by Allah.

more here inshaAllaah

al-hakim

assalamualaikum,
correct & forgive me if i were wrong,prophet can be catergoried as nabi and rasul(they are also nabi at the time).both of nabi & rasul received wahyu(revealation) from Allah but the different is that only rasul must spread the message to their peole.there were hundreds of rasul & thousands of nabi but as a muslim we're only required\need to know\believe in the 25 0f them.these 25 prophets namely;
1)adam,2)idriss,3)nuh\noah,4)hud,5)salleh,6)ibrahim\abraham,7)lut\lot,8)ismail\ismael,9)ishaq\isaac,10)yaakub\jacob\israel,11)yusuf\joseph,12)ayyub\job,13) syuib,14)musa\moses\ra mousa,15)harun\aaron,16)zulkifli\ezekiel,17)daud\david,18)sulaiman\solomon,19)ilyas\ellias,20)ilyasak\elijah,21)yunus\job,22)zakaria\zachary,23)yahya\john the baptist,24)isa\jesus\yeshua,25)muhammad.
some have argue that the other prophets besides these 25 are; khidir,daniel,samuel,zulkarnain,joshua\yehoshea,luqman etc.
-wallahualam

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

dhul-kifl was not a prophet as far as i know he was in the same era as prophet ibrahim and went walking from his kingdom for hajj where he was received by prophet ibrahim.

how blessed are those honored by ALLAH .

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has been identified as king cyrus.the great.

read his story on wikipedia and i also think he was king cyrus

peace on those Allah likes.
amen

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
please do continue by adding the names of our beloved and respected messengers/prophets!!!!!!!
sheesh a.s