Why is no one discussing Ft. Hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VDiane

I am seeing none of you speak out against what this man has done while professing your faith. If our government were SMART, they would ban any possible liabilities such as people of the islamic faith, gays, etc from joining the US Military Forces. And Muslims should not swear and oath to defend a country they don't want to defend.....or maybe in doing so it is just a way to infiltrate and do just what this man did. Ignorant man!!! If he didn't want to be deployed to a war he should NEVER have enlisted. It is your job and duty don't cry about it.

arzafar

i read that in the paper. but you know what us has a looooooooong, notorious history of friendly fire and collateral damage. i was a talking to this guy (non muslim) who had served in the royal navy and he said that the Americans are the most ill disciplined and reckless of all armed forces. like they used to say back in the days of WWII

"when the germans fire, the english duck.
when the english fire, the germans duck.
when the Americans fire, everyone ducks!"

A Kashmiri

Cool down before you start making conclusions and pointing fingers towards muslim faith.

No one yet knows the reason as to why this man did this ? It may be that he is not happy with the two unjust and brutal wars US is fighting and doesnt want to go to any of these two countries for killing mostly innocent civilians.

This is not the first time such incident has happened in US, last year there were many such incidents. The guys that time werent muslims and nobody started pointing fingers at their faith, or which religion they follow.

It is high time you people see your faults in your systems, law, etc and wrongdoings which you have been perpetrating in the whole world before you point fingers at others.

V

VDiane

Saleeq what is your question?

I can make no sense of your comments.

V

VDiane

And imagine how I feel ....

I feel it is my duty to point out to my children the atrocities committed in the name of their father's precious Islam. I have to do that without "hurting their feelings" or tainting their view of their dad. But I feel compelled to share these stories with them so they can SEE.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hello
To the one who posted this thread ,please read the following article
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/muslims.fort.hood/index.html
This was on CCN right away after what happened ..
The Muslims speak out towards what happened..
Its terrible what this man did and we do not support him in his actions .
I feel very sad for what happened .Nobody has the right to take innocent lives ...

War is the cause of all eveils in this world .Both sides suffer...

And I agree we as Muslims should speak out against those who act on the name of our religion and give it black image ...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I feel it is my duty to point out to my children the atrocities committed in the name of their father's precious Islam. I have to do that without "hurting their feelings" or tainting their view of their dad. But I feel compelled to share these stories with them so they can SEE.

This statement clearly shows your frame of mind. Your words indicate a prejudice based upon what happened between you and your ex-husband who was a Muslim. This is due to the structure of your sentence "father's precious Islam".

Excuse me! But, Islam does not belong to your ex-husband! Wake Up! Smell the Coffee, get your feet on the ground and concentrate!

That is totally not fair on your children.

I think it is very unfortunate, disturbing even, that you will be putting all these tainted, unbalanced, prejudiced ideas in the mind of your own children!

Will you also let them see what happened in Abu Ghraib ? in Guantanomo? in Baghram? -- Will you let them see the double standards of supplying "Israel" with $billions of weapons? and allowing them to kill, and take land illegally?

The man who killed Bobby Kennedy, was also and American Arab, he was also originally a Palestinian, but he was a Christian. A religious Christian. His reason was due to the change in policy towards "Israel".

Will you let them see the "SOA", School of Americas, now known as (WHINSEC) where countless war criminals from South America were trained in the art of Torture by the CIA?

Between 1946 and 2001, the SOA trained more than 61,000 Latin American soldiers and policemen. Some of them became notorious for human rights violations, including generals Leopoldo Galtieri, Efraín Ríos Montt and Manuel Noriega, dictators such as Bolivia's Hugo Banzer, some of Augusto Pinochet's officers, and the founders of Los Zetas, a mercenary army for one of Mexico's largest drug trafficking organizations, the Gulf Cartel.The terrorist Luis Posada Carriles was educated there in 1961, although he never graduated.

These are people who have records of kidnap, murder, rape. Some of them pulled peoples nails out, skinned their enemies alive, or killed entire families out of vengeance. http://soaw.org/

Will you let them see the hospitals in Vietnam, today, which are full of children, innocent children, new born babies, 1 year olds, 2 years old, 3, toddlers, teenagers Deformed because of the chemical weapon Agent Orange which was sprayed all over their villages, towns and cities.

Will you read to them the stories of how soldiers would use their favourite weapon of destruction, flame throwers to burn down houses which contained entire families, and when the children and parents ran out of the homes, screaming in terror, in pain, burning on FIRE, unable to extinguish the NAPALM that was sprayed on their bodies.... and who were brutally shot down by machine gun by the US troops?

"Napalm is the most terrible pain you can imagine," said Kim Phúc, a napalm bombing survivor known from a famous Vietnam War photograph. "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. Napalm generates temperatures of 800 to 1,200 degrees Celsius."

Will you read to them how, in 1953 the CIA, in what was called "operation Ajax" overthrew the democratically elected, popular Prime Minister of Iran, Mosaddeq to be replaced by Mohammed Reza Pahlavi who stayed in power for 26 years. Why do you think that was done? If it is the Western definition of "Freedom"? The people had it. Rather, it was due to the nationalisation of Oil resources. For nearly 50 years, the British controlled Iranian oil !! Mosadeq, with popular support of the people of his country, wished to nationalise it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état

I could go on and on, but, im not "anti-American", meaning I do not judge people, in such a way that you judge Muslims.

Infact, most of the people who use this website are Americans or from Britain. Most of them are Reverts to Islam, some used to be Christian, some used to be Jewish, but, now they found Islam and are happy, confident that it is the truth and wish you well..whether you are Muslim or not.

We want for you to be happy and content and to please God, that you serve God in the right way. That you have a clear mind and know the truth from the falsehood.

I am a Muslim, I see every person on this world, as a human being. I do not judge people. Every person is born the same, every person is born innocent. All innocent life should be protected, loved and cherished.

Islam commands us to stand up against ALL oppression, ALL Injustice. No matter if that comes from ourselves, our family, our neighbours. If the victim is a non-Muslim it is the same as if victim is a Muslim. Justice is for all people.

What entitles you to go around wagging your finger at people?

We never say Christians are evil, we never say Americans are evil. If people do, then at least, our religion, Islam, which we are all meant to be judged by, does not say it.

People can say foolish things, do wrong things, but that does not mean Islam commands it, even if they use Islam.

This by no means diminishes the truth of Islam.

Allah almighty says in the Quran:

Thus We have made you a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind.
[Al-Baqara 2:143]

• Justice:
Allah says in the Quran:

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allâh, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allâh is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allâh is Ever Well Acquainted with what you do [4:135]

So, Muslims are those who strive to attain justice, between themselves and with other people.

Allah, most high, also says:

(They like to) listen to falsehood, to devour anything forbidden. So if they come to you (O Muhammad SAW), either judge between them, or turn away from them. If you turn away from them, they cannot hurt you in the least. And if you judge, judge with justice between them. Verily, Allâh loves those who act justly. [5:42]

Islam is perfect, Islam is the truth. Do you not see, how you write and talk about Muslims due to the bad experiences you have gone through? But, what has any of that got to do with Muslims?

You allowed Shaitan to take hold of your eyes, your ears and your mind! Due to arrogance you refused to be sincere.

If you were sincere, you would put aside all that negative anger you have for "Muslim men", and look at the many good Muslims that were here, supporting you, helping you and giving their love.

We are still here, Muslims, prepared to listen and care

You judge an entire Religion and people, based on the actions of one individual?

What that man did was wrong. He should never have been part of the army. He made matters worse.

At same time, he was on the recieving end of racial abuse - both because of his ethnicity and his religion.

Islam's Opposition to Oppression, Terrorism and Injustice.

Lets get back to basics.
-Lets talk about duty. You still believe in God. Then think, what would God want.

We are human beings. - Therefore, God has created us all equal. Our natural way, is to believe in One God.

It is wrong to be arrogant and stubborn. That is something that God does not want. This is same for you, Diane, me and everyone.

I ask Allah to guide you to the right way.

This is what God, Allah, the Most HIGH, said in the Final, perfect Revelation, the Qur'an, sent to mankind, via the angel Gabriel to the Last and final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him)>

Surah 3: Imran,

64. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you dispute about Ibrâhim (Abraham), while the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) were not revealed till after him? Have you then no sense?

66. Verily, you are those who have disputed about that of which you have knowledge. Why do you then dispute concerning that which you have no knowledge? It is Allâh Who knows, and you know not.

67. Ibrâhim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa (Islâmic Monotheism - to worship none but Allâh Alone) and he was not of Al-Mushrikûn (See V.2:105).

68. Verily, among mankind who have the best claim to Ibrâhim (Abraham) are those who followed him, and this Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and those who have believed (Muslims). And Allâh is the Walî (Protector and Helper) of the believers.

69. A party of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish to lead you astray. But they shall not lead astray anyone except themselves, and they perceive not.

70. O people of the Scripture! (Jews and Christians): "Why do you disbelieve in the Ayât of Allâh, [the Verses about Prophet Muhammad SAW present in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you (yourselves) bear witness (to their truth)."

71. O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): "Why do you mix truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know?"

72. And a party of the people of the Scripture say: "Believe in the morning in that which is revealed to the believers (Muslims), and reject it at the end of the day, so that they may turn back.

73. And believe no one except the one who follows your religion. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily! Right guidance is the Guidance of Allâh" and do not believe that anyone can receive like that which you have received (of Revelation) except when he follows your religion, otherwise they would engage you in argument before your Lord. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "All the bounty is in the Hand of Allâh; He grants to whom He wills. And Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, the All-Knower."

74. He selects for His Mercy (Islâm and the Qur'ân with Prophethood) whom He wills and Allâh is the Owner of Great Bounty.

safiya58

See OUR faults.....hmmm....I agree.....Our faults are allowing continued immigrations, defending those who can't defend themselves, sending our money overseas to aid in atrocities......We should stop interfacing with the rest of this awful world and be a community within our own borders....That would be most pleasing. Clean up our own houses and leave the rest of the world to do what they will to each other.....but we won't. Because we are called to help those who need it. And we wouldn't be in those 2 countries had 9/11 not happened. Tell your boys to keep their aggressions in your own countries.

this is so typical for someone who is self-righteous... your speech is full of hate.... If you think negativ you´ll attract misfortune... try to think positiv... one man is not islam! But he is just one muslim out of millions.... There is alot of hatred set in this world. You don´t need to set even more... If you need help ( you sound very disapointed) here are people who would love to help you. Wether you are a muslim or not... Just let us know if we can help you...

Wish you to see succeed and happy

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
First of all I dont have any confidence in the media, they started reporting the number of shooter were 3 , now suddenly every media dropped this suggestion, they said the caught 2 people where are these people how come their name weren't released till now? any way...so you know that what you saying is wrong, the media doesn't deliver the whole picture they will do everything just to drive the whole story from truth....as I was listening to the media they have not mention once and statements from Muslim communities except few parts... why ? I will let you answer this question.

Beside you cant blame Muslims and Islam, if that the case I am blaming you for 80 thousand Muslim were killed in Bosnia on the hand of crazy christians.
Also I am blaming you for what Hitler did since he was christian too wasn't he ?

I will advise you to think before blaming others for your personnel problems in your life, and think before generalizing the accusation against certain religion or race just because a person acted in wrong way.

Last but not least this isnt your country either, unless your last name has Bird name or hyphen this isnt your country either so please try to think before writting,

U.S. Muslims Condemn Attack at Fort Hood
CAIR calls shootings cowardly and inexcusable

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/5/09) - A prominent national Muslim civil rights and advocacy group tonight condemned an attack on Fort Hood military base in Texas that left at least 12 people dead.

In a statement, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said:

“We condemn this cowardly attack in the strongest terms possible and ask that the perpetrators be punished to the full extent of the law. No religious or political ideology could ever justify or excuse such wanton and indiscriminate violence. The attack was particularly heinous in that it targeted the all-volunteer army that protects our nation. American Muslims stand with our fellow citizens in offering both prayers for the victims and sincere condolences to the families of those killed or injured.”

Along with innumerable condemnations of terror, CAIR has in the past launched an online anti-terror petition drive called “Not in the Name of Islam,” initiated a television public service announcement (PSA) campaign against religious extremism and coordinated a “fatwa,” or Islamic religious ruling, against terrorism and extremism.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member

Muslim American Organizations Denounce Shooting Incident at Fort Hood
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Source: ISNA

(Washington, DC – November 06, 2009) Earlier yesterday a United States officer in the military identified as Army Major Malik Hasan reportedly shot and killed 12 American soldiers and wounded 31 others at Fort Hood in Texas.

The Muslim Public Affairs Council-DC (MPAC-DC), the Islamic Society of North America Office for Interfaith and Community Alliances (ISNA) and the American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council (AMAFVAC) completely denounce this barbaric act of violence.

All three organizations unequivocally denounce the incident in the strongest terms possible and offer their deepest condolences to the victims and their loved ones. Further, they hope and expect that law enforcement officials will resolve this matter as swiftly and justly as possible.

Today at 10 am representatives from all three organizations will be holding a press conference in Washington DC. They will be joined by Congressional Representatives Keith Ellison (D-MN) and Andre Carson (D-IN).

The press conference will be held at the ISNA Interfaith office within the United Methodist Building, to discuss the matter further. The press conference address is 110 Maryland Ave, NE Suite 304, Washington, DC 20002.

For more information, please contact

Imam Mohamed Hagmagid Ali, Vice President of ISNA at: 571-437-4734 or [email protected]
Dr. Louay Safi, ISNA's Director of Communications and Leadership Development and chaplain endorser at: 317-679-6350 or [email protected]
Rizwan Jaka, ISNA Board Member at: 703-624-6352 or rojpm*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikm,
What some people are trying and will try to do is to accuse all muslims for any incident so the next thing will come is guilt by association,

[yt]W9wkD6ecS_Q[/yt]

[yt]qEPVeJIX1j4[/yt]

[yt]BrI8-rOQm4Y[/yt]

[yt]Bu_UFUFb_CM[/yt]

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Muslims Launch Special Fund for the Benefit of Ft Hood Attack Victims
Source: ISNA

(Plainfield, IN – November 08, 2009) The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) today announced the launch of a special fund for the benefit of the families of the victims of the senseless Ft. Hood attacks that killed 13 soldiers and injured over 30 others. Recognizing the important sacrifices made by our soldiers and their families, we feel it is imperative for all Americans to join hands in supporting those affected by this tragic incident.
ISNA is collaborating with various national Muslim and interfaith organizations on this humanitarian initiative and mosques throughout the country are expected to join fellow Americans in contributing to help the families of the victims.
Donations may be made to “Fort Hood Family Fund” and sent to ISNA headquarters (P. O. Box 808, Plainfield, Indiana 46168), or donate online: http://www.forthoodfamilyfund.com
ISNA is the largest Muslim umbrella organization in the United States and Canada, and its mission is to provide a common platform for presenting Islam, supporting Muslim communities, developing educational, social and outreach programs, and fostering good relations with other religious communities, and civic and service organizations.
Louay Safi, Director
ISNA Communications and Leadership Development,
[email protected]
(317) 838-8130

Status
Not open for further replies.