How do you handle your anger?

salaam everyone:) i just thought i would could everyone take on something that we as human beings not just muslims deal with all the time..

We always read, and listen to hadiths that "anger":angryred: is haram is Islam eliminating anger completely and how a mumin who controls his anger has much greater strength than a physically strong induvidual:SMILY346:...

We all deal with frustrations that come into our lives, and when those moments come it takes a great deal of energy to steer that furstration/anger away..

I would like to know how other brothers and sisters handle it..for example do you have certain techniques, do u drink a cold glass of water, do u do wadhu(ablution), run a lap?... I think it would be interesting to read answers on how we handle it differently in our lives and maybe we can possibly learn something works for some1 else can work for us too...:SMILY259:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
1. remembering that u r angry, so shaitan must be in wait to see u act wrongly.

2. remembering the reward of patience frm Allah.

3. remembering that in anger u can do something wrong which u'll regret.

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
just remember an event about Hz. Houssein ;)

Hz. Houssein invites all rich people who have hesitations about Islam and gives them a dinner. Those people are the most arrogant ones in the area. He plans to speak about Islam. Then the soup is about to brought to meal. And one slave is carring the soup and the soup is just taken from the fire and it is still boiling. In that moment slave crushes somewhere and whole soup pours down to Hz. Housseins head.

And the people who are watching this are waiting to hear that "kill that slave". Hz. Houssein is in pain and at the same time furious, too angry.
The slave speaks " Allah loves who overcomes his anger." Hz. Houssein stops, and says " I overcame ya slave." Then the slave says " Allah loves who forgives. " Hz. Houssein replies " I forgave ya slave."
However the slave doesnt stop and says " Allah loves who does goodness."
Hz. Houssein says " You are free ya slave."

Then the slave runs and hugs the dress of Hz. Houssein and says " no, being away from you is the actual slavery."

I like this so much :d

wassalam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
just remember an event about Hz. Houssein ;)

Hz. Houssein invites all rich people who have hesitations about Islam and gives them a dinner. Those people are the most arrogant ones in the area. He plans to speak about Islam. Then the soup is about to brought to meal. And one slave is carring the soup and the soup is just taken from the fire and it is still boiling. In that moment slave crushes somewhere and whole soup pours down to Hz. Housseins head.

And the people who are watching this are waiting to hear that "kill that slave". Hz. Houssein is in pain and at the same time furious, too angry.
The slave speaks " Allah loves who overcomes his anger." Hz. Houssein stops, and says " I overcame ya slave." Then the slave says " Allah loves who forgives. " Hz. Houssein replies " I forgave ya slave."
However the slave doesnt stop and says " Allah loves who does goodness."
Hz. Houssein says " You are free ya slave."

Then the slave runs and hugs the dress of Hz. Houssein and says " no, being away from you is the actual slavery."

I like this so much :d

wassalam

:salam2:

I have never heard of this story, but it sure is beautiful :D:D:D:D
subhanaAllah!!! so so beautiful, I wonder what I would have done lol...........<not goood>:shymuslima1:
anywho, as for me......
when I am angry and it comes from the other person (meaning it was not my foult) I usually keep quite and say nothing because if I do,I know I am going to say the wrong thing.

sometimes I do get angry, and the best thing for me to do it "scream as loud as I can" lol
(of course in the restroom where no one can here)
then cry, after words sleep

not the best thing to learn from I tell you that!!!

I am also interested in what others have to say, but AlhamduliAllah
since I have started practicing, my anger reduced because I keep this in mind: life is not worth to spend one second in anger!
but I thank Allah for that, beacause when a person is angry, they're a slave to shaitaan, no Muslim would want to be a slaveto his/her worse enemy:D maybe you can think about that tooo:D
or oh yea ( i just remembered this) it's not my technique lol............but you can whisper "audhubuAllah mina-shaitaan ar-jeem" I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Satan.........say that as much as you can. then that should do it inshaAllah:D:D
:SMILY139::salam2:

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum, A sister told me that when you are angry make Wudu with really cold water. I have not tried it yet, but Insha Allah she said it works everytime. :hijabi:

:salam2: I deal with it by saying Astaghfirullah 3 times and taking a deep breath . And if i am still not calm just walk away.

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
When in anger recite aayah and remember that shaitan is being very happy to see you angry. And drink a glass of cold water(it really helps:D) or do wudu as the member above mentioned :D:SMILY139:

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
What I do when extremely angry is shut the door to my room and go to sleep- once I awake I realize my mistake and feel calm again, it works :)

al-hakim

salam

What I do when extremely angry is shut the door to my room and go to sleep- once I awake I realize my mistake and feel calm again, it works :)
yes it works to me too.but sometimes when i was too angry i will started to think about funny things such as from my funny experiences,or from comedy movies or thinking about jokes that really make me laugh & then it would cool me down.

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
Lol when I am angry it depends on why I am angry how to controle it. If I have hurt myself like hit myself then I hit the thing back. Like if I walk into a table I hit the table. Which is really stupid by the way, but anyway lol. Other times I just bite my teeth together to not do anything.
If I am angry on something a person said or did, or something I've read, then I just breathe to don't do anything stupid or say anything bad.
The hardest is when I feel I have been wrong treated or when I am angry with my parents. Then I just try to be quite and walk away if I feel I can't handle it.
Lol.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
I try to figure out why the person did what they did, then see if it was necessary, then i simply go to sleep if i'm that angry. I like to be isolated from everyone especially those that made me angry and the best places for me is either the bathroom or sleeping. That way no one can annoy me into telling them "what's wrong" or "what happened?" i can deal with that later on when i'm less emotional.