Saudi Arabian Jets Bomb Shia Kaffir Houthi Hideouts in Yemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem9022

capt.c028f3b857884446b1c4135cf5e3f318.mideast_yemen_saudi_cai101.jpg
FILE - In this Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009 file photo, Tornado warplanes of the Saudi Air Force fly over the Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh during a graduation ceremony at King Faisal Air Force University. According to Arab diplomats speaking on condition of anonymity, Saudi Arabian Tornado and F-15 warplanes have bombarded targets inside Yemen since Wednesday afternoon, inflicting significant casualties on the Yemeni Shiite rebels.

SAN'A, Yemen – Saudi Arabia has launched a large military incursion across the border into northern Yemen, using fighter jets and artillery bombardments to try to end a Shiite rebellion inside its troubled southern neighbor, Arab diplomats and the rebels said Thursday.

The northern rebels, known as Hawthis, have been battling Yemeni government forces intensively over the past few months in the latest flare-up of a sporadic conflict that has lasted five years. The Hawthis are based in northern Saada province, which borders Saudi Arabia.

"Saudi jets dropped bombs on a crowded areas including local market in the northern province of Saada," Hawthi spokesman Mohammed Abdel-Salam told The Associated Press. "They (Saudis) claim they are targeting al-Hawthis, but regrettably they are killing civilians like the government does," he added.

"The attacks were followed by hundreds of shells from the border," Abdel-Salam said.

There was no immediate word on casualties.

Two Arab diplomats, speaking on condition of anonymity, told AP Saudi Tornado and F-15 warplanes have been bombarding targets inside Yemen since Wednesday afternoon, inflicting significant casualties on the rebels. The diplomats spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not allowed to talks to the media.

They said army units and special forces have been sent to northern Yemen, and that several Saudi towns on the border have been evacuated.

Neither Saudi Arabia nor their Yemeni government allies have confirmed the offensive. But if they do, this would be the first known Saudi incursion across the border in the five years of fighting the rebels.

Saudi Arabia, the world's leading oil exporter, has been increasingly worried about extremism and instability in Yemen that could spill across the border. The Yemeni government is currently fighting on multiple fronts — the northern rebels and a separatist movement in the south. But the most worrisome is a lingering threat from al-Qaida militants.

Though the oil-rich kingdom has one of the world's most sophisticated air forces, Saudi has rarely used it.

The U.S. also fears the Yemeni fighting could spill over into Saudi Arabia. It concerned that Yemen, with its weak central government, could become a haven for al-Qaida militants hiding out in the impoverished nation on the tip of the Arabian peninsula.

State-run Saudi press agency reported Wednesday that some of the Hawthi rebels crossed the border, killed a Saudi soldier and wounded 11 soldiers. A Saudi security official told the agency unidentified gunmen infiltrated from Yemen and attacked security guards patrolling the Mount Dokhan border area on Tuesday. Rebels said that area was among the targets in Thursday's bombings.

The rebels said the Saudi airstrikes hit four areas in their northern stronghold Thursday.

It was not possible to independently verify the reports and throughout the five-year conflict, details of the fighting in the remote mountainous areas have been sketchy.

The Shiite rebels complain their needs are ignored by a government that is increasingly allied with hard-line Sunni fundamentalists, who consider Shiites as heretics.

Over the past couple of months, the rebels claimed that they seized control of a number of strategic Yemeni military posts near the border with Saudi Arabia.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_yemen_saudi

Salem9022

Saudi jets 'attack Yemen rebels'

The Saudi air force has attacked rebels in northern Yemen following Wednesday's killing of a Saudi security officer in a border area, reports have said.

_46674059_yemen_saada_hajja_1109.gif

Saudi aircraft had targeted strongholds of the Houthi rebels on the Yemeni side of border, spokesmen for the group and Arab media said.

A Saudi official told Reuters they had hit rebels occupying its territory.

The attacks came after a Saudi officer was killed and 11 were wounded in a raid by the rebels on the Jizan region.

The Houthis said on Wednesday that they had taken "full control" of a mountainous section of the border region of Jabal al-Dukhan.

'Successive air strikes'

In a statement on its website on Wednesday, the group said Saudi warplanes and helicopters had dropped phosphorus bombs on its fighters in the areas of al-Malahaid, Jabal al-Mamdud, al-Husama and al-Mujdaa.

After what happened yesterday, it is clear they have lost track of reality and it has got to a point where there is no other way. They have got to be finished

Saudi government adviser
On Thursday, rebel spokesman Mohammed Abdul Salam said the bombs had hit "crowded areas including local market in the northern province of Saada".

"They claim they are targeting Houthis, but regrettably they are killing civilians like the government does," he told the Associated Press. "The attacks were followed by hundreds of shells from the border."

A Saudi government adviser said the air force had targeted rebels who had seized Saudi parts of Jabal al-Dukhan, which they said had now been recaptured by troops.

The official said at least 40 rebels had been killed in the fighting.

"As of yesterday late afternoon, Saudi air strikes began on their positions in northern Yemen," the unnamed adviser told Reuters.

"There have been successive air strikes, very heavy bombardment of their positions, not just on the border, but on their main positions around Saada," he added.

The London-based Arabic newspaper Elaph meanwhile reported that Saudi ground forces were also moving towards the Yemeni border.

Saudi Arabia has deployed troops along the border with Yemen
The deployment was later confirmed by Arab diplomats, who told the Associated Press that army units and special forces were amassing in the area, and that several nearby Saudi towns and villages had been evacuated.

Saudi reconnaissance teams believed there were between 4,000 and 5,000 Houthis based in the mountainous border region, Elaph said.

The Saudi government adviser said no decision had yet been taken to send troops across the border, but made it clear that Riyadh was no longer prepared to tolerate the Yemeni rebels, Reuters reported.

"After what happened yesterday, it is clear they have lost track of reality and it has got to a point where there is no other way. They have got to be finished," he said.

Neither the Saudi nor Yemeni governments have so far commented on the latest violence.

The Houthis, named after the family of their leader, say they want greater autonomy and a greater role for their version of Shia Islam. They complain that their community is discriminated against.

They also accuse Saudi Arabia of supporting the Yemeni armed forces by allowing them to launch attacks from its territory, a charge which both countries deny.

The Yemeni government accuses the rebels of wanting to re-establish Zaydi Shia clerical rule, and of receiving support from Iran.

Earlier in the week, 10 rebels captured in 2008 were sentenced to death.

The Zaidi Shia community are a minority in Yemen but make up the majority in the north of the country.

The insurgents first took up arms against the government in 2004.

The government launched a fresh offensive in August 2009 which has precipitated a new wave of intense fighting.

Aid agencies say tens of thousands of people have been displaced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8344394.stm

al-hakim

salam

i still don't understand why everyday muslims kill another muslims.i'm a sunnah(more precisely Shafie) but i hv nothing against shiah.it is true that some of their rituals or festivals are quite odd & maybe amount to heresy such as their assyura festival but in daily life they are simmilar to sunnah people.me myself i hv a shiah friend(he from Bangladesh but study in my country) & we have no problem at all & we even pray together in the same masjid\mosque.
wassalam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
i still don't understand why everyday muslims kill another muslims.i'm a sunnah(more precisely Shafie) but i hv nothing against shiah.it is true that some of their rituals or festivals are quite odd & maybe amount to heresy such as their assyura festival but in daily life they are simmilar to sunnah people.me myself i hv a shiah friend(he from Bangladesh but study in my country) & we have no problem at all & we even pray together in the same masjid\mosque.
wassalam

:salam2:

Because they are rebels, fighting against the government of Yemen and they themselves are killing muslims.

I don't know about the entire situation as I am not in Yemen, but this is what I can gather from the news.

Salem9022

wassalam

You are not a Scholar or even amoung the Students of Knowledge. So your opinion and other opinions on the internet or even amoung the the lay person in the street does not count. We take our religion from the Kabeer ul Ullema and those before them who were upon the the Manhaj of the Salaf.

You said you are a "Shafi'ee" when you don't even believe what Imam Shafi'ee said. Do you also believe what Imam Shafi'ee said regarding the Shia?

"I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Raafidi* Shia." and on another occasion he said; "Narrate knowledge from everyone you meet except for the raafidi* Shia, because they invent ahadith and adopt them as part of their religion." (Minhaj as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah)

[yt]hbE5br5w3IQ&feature=player_embedded[/yt]
We look at what the Shia Priests believe and say not the average shia sheep who just blindly believes or doesn't believe his religion.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

The Shi`a in Yemen are known to be causing problems. Even pockets of Western students have been targeted and killed by them. They have entered mosques and study centers spraying their bullets at the people... How can you not fight such people!?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I don't think this has much to do with the fact they are 'Shi'ah Kaffir', they're being faught simply because they are causing social unrest.

wa-alaykum salaam

Salem9022

Yemeni Shia rebels attack border post in Jazan, Saudi Arabia

Thursday 5 November 2009 (18 Dhul Qa`dah 1430)

JAZAN: A Saudi border guard was killed and 11 others were injured when armed infiltrators from across the Yemeni border fired on Saudi border guards. The incident took place at Dukhan Mountain close to the Khald border post in Al-Khoba sector of Jazan province on Tuesday, a Saudi official source said on Wednesday.

jazan5.jpg

Saudi soldiers carry the body of Turki Al-Qahtani during his funeral in Jazan on Wednesday. (AFP)

“The Kingdom affirms that it will preserve the homeland’s security, protect its borders and deter infiltrators and others from any side. The infiltrators used various weapons to fire at border guards,” the official source added.

After leading the funeral prayers for Turki Al-Qahtani, the border guard killed in the incident, Jazan Gov. Prince Muhammad bin Nasser said, “Al-Qahtani has been martyred fighting for his country and religion. A rebel group (in Yemen) has stretched its evil hand into Saudi territory. We wish the Yemeni government and its citizens lasting security and stability on its northern and southern borders. You all know that the Kingdom has been striving to preserve the stability of Yemen.”

The prince continued, “The Kingdom under no circumstances can allow anyone to cross the red line and interfere with the country’s security and stability.”

The governor also stated that the situation in Al-Khoba was under control and that the infiltrators would be dealt with firmly. “They should know that they would be punished for the hostile act they committed.”

The governor also offered condolences to the family of Al-Qahtani on behalf of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, Crown Prince Sultan, Second Deputy Premier and Interior Minister Prince Naif and all the citizens of Saudi Arabia.

Evacuated villagers in the region told Arab News that the infiltrators were Al-Houthi rebels fighting against the Yemeni government. All villages south of Al-Khoba, including Al-Mujaa, Al-Rouqi, Al-Maqbas, Qamadah, Al-Arrah, Al-Batoul, Khamran, Al-Muarasah and Al-Ghawiyah have been evacuated.

“Tuesday was a black day for us because we were attacked without provocation by Al-Houthi rebels. All members of my family have been evacuated. But we will not allow anyone to harm our country. After sending our women and children to safe locations, our men will return to their villages to defend them,” Isa Al-Hazazi of Al-Rouqi village told Arab News. Sheikh Muflih Al-Kaoubi, the chief of Al-Kaoub tribe, said “We will die for every inch of our land. Our villages are the theater of operations. We will stay with the soldiers and will not flee leaving the place for rebels.”

The injured Border Guards include Ali Sharahli, Musa Al-Qanaei, Sultan Hamzi, Musaed Hakami, Sami Alwan, Ali Al-Qauzi, Ayman Al-Abdali, Abdullah Al-Ashmani, Musa Ali and Nabil Rayani.

Residents of villages living in the area told Arab News Saudi security and military forces had cleaned up the area by flushing out the remaining infiltrators. They also reported sounds of intensive airstrikes from the border areas. Some sources said Jazan airport was closed for passenger traffic with incoming flights being diverted to nearby airports.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=128078&d=5&m=11&y=2009

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
And to think...the "Zaydi Shias" are supposed to be "the more" bearable group of Shias...at this point...I think including all Shias in the same category sack...would just be *wise*...because the saying goes *caution prevents damage*...

La hawla wala qowta illa billah

May Allah have mercy on the souls lost due to the criminality of these people

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum!

You are THE ONE PERSON on this forum who has been calling different factions of mulims "Kafir" ever since you have joined it over a year ago.

And you are the one who is often accusing other sisters and brothers of being "Takfiri" meaning, "those who call others Kafir".

Don't you fear Allah by calling others Kafir when they consider themselves mulims?

They believe in the procalamtion of faith, the prophethood of Muhammad peace be upon him, pray salat, keep fasting, pay zakat, perform Haj and believe on the day of judgement.

It is in the authority of Allah alone to judge who is Kafir and who is muslim. Heaven is not guaranteed for you neither.

Instead of spreading hate among those who call themselves muslims, why not spread unity and peace?

Assalamu alaikum

Note: I am a sunni muslim

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Instead of spreading hate among those who call themselves muslims, why not spread unity and peace?
Shi'ahs oppress and torture the Ahlus Sunnah in Iran..do you know anything about that before making it a requirement upon us to love them and unite with them?

Also ..are you aware that the shi'ah have a shrine for Abu Lu'luah al Majoosi, (the kafir who murdered 'Umar ibn al Khattab radiAllaahu an) in Iran?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
They believe in the procalamtion of faith,
Do you mean the one with the addition *wa 'ash'hadu anna Ali waliyya Allah?*...cuz that's their proclamation of faith

the prophethood of Muhammad peace be upon him
'alayhi 'afdhal assalat wa 'attam at-tasleem...but they also believe that he did not complete his message..because he didn't *assure* the right of the kaliphate to Ali (raa)...and believe that he (saaws) was married to two adultresses (i.e. your mother Ai'sha and your mother Hafsa..radhiya Allaho 'anhoma)

pray salat
Is praying 3 times a day a salat?..is prostrating your forehead upon a piece of mud from Karbala a prayer?...is cursing the sahaba in the salat's tashahhud..part of a salat?...because that's *their* salat

keep fasting
Until Isha'a or later...when Rasulullah (saaws) FORBADE doing so and was ardent on *hastening* to breaking the fast?..is that the fast you're talking about?!..because they fast like *such*

pay zakat
If you're talking about the Khums paid to their so-called "sayyids"..sure they pay zakat!

perform Haj
Pardon me..but haj at which destination?

a. An-Najaf?
b. Karbala'a?
or
c. Qum?

Because Haj is not only to Makkah you see..it can be to any/all the destinations listed above

believe on the day of judgement.
Yes with a jannah reserved for them..and Ali and Al-Hussain (radhiya Allaho 'anhoma) *admitting* them into it!

Is *everyone* who calls themselves a *Muslim* is in fact *a Muslim?*...what are *the conditions* to being a Muslim?...is believing that the Qura'an is corruptted part of being Muslim? (read about Surat Al-Wilaya that was supposedly left *out* of the Qura'an!!!)..is believing Jibrae'eel (as) made a mistake and gave the revelation to The Prophet (saaws) part of Islam?..is believing that Allah Gives a light of His..a wisdom..and a knowledge of His to "Ayatollahs"..a *belief* of a Muslim?...would you be able to answer *yes* to any of the above and distinguish yourself as a believer in the *deen of tawheed*?!!!

Note: I am a sunni muslim
Alhamdulillah for that akhi..and may Allah never take away guidance from you...but ya akhi..if you have a want to direct others to let go of harshness..and take onto gentleness..and deal with people with that which is good..by all means..*do so*..and your ajer will be with Allah..but baraka Allaho feek...do not delve into *the unity speech* if you are not aware of *everything* there is to know about the party you're defending...no one wants mischief amongst Muslims..and no one has it in their hearts to have them divide..but wafaqaka Allah..any Muslim with a zeal would not accept an ion of the horrid claims and beliefs Shias possess...name things as they are...so you may provoke thought..and open their eyes to deviance from Allah's deen!

I mean no offense in any of what I said to you akhi..but take it from someone who spent over a year of daily research about Shias..there are things in their beliefs which will make the hair of a child turn gray...and no one is making any of it up...*everything* condemning their beliefs comes *straight* from their *own* texts and their *own* sayyids and supposed ayatollahs..and it's all available..book by book..page by page..paragraph by paragraph..and lecture by lecture!!!

read..research..and you'll learn everything akhi

:wasalam:

al-hakim

You are not a Scholar or even amoung the Students of Knowledge. So your opinion and other opinions on the internet or even amoung the the lay person in the street does not count. We take our religion from the Kabeer ul Ullema and those before them who were upon the the Manhaj of the Salaf.

You said you are a "Shafi'ee" when you don't even believe what Imam Shafi'ee said. Do you also believe what Imam Shafi'ee said regarding the Shia?

"I have not seen among the heretics a people more famous for falsehood than the Raafidi* Shia." and on another occasion he said; "Narrate knowledge from everyone you meet except for the raafidi* Shia, because they invent ahadith and adopt them as part of their religion." (Minhaj as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah)

[yt]hbE5br5w3IQ&feature=player_embedded[/yt]
We look at what the Shia Priests believe and say not the average shia sheep who just blindly believes or doesn't believe his religion.

salam,
i admit that i'm not a priest or islamic scholar (i'm from Malaysia(multi-religious & multi-ethnics country) & we(local muslim,60% of the entire population) follow mazhab shaffie) but i'm sick of seeing muslims sunnah & shiah(may be for you they are Kaffir,but for them they are muslim) fighting each other for more than one thousand years.i believe islam is a very peaceful,tolerance religion, & based on the unity of the ummah.besides war there are lots of other method to solve this archaic problem such dialoques between sunnah & shiah scholar or ulama,organise the conferences,discussion, or may be da'wah to shiah people.why we always want to focuse on the differences between us & the shiah,why don't we try to focuse on our simmilarities.if it is true that they(shiah)were misguided from the true path of islam then why can't we help them(via da'wah)to bring them to the right way instead of using violence or isolate them.peace,no war
wallahualam.

al-hakim

Shi'ahs oppress and torture the Ahlus Sunnah in Iran..do you know anything about that before making it a requirement upon us to love them and unite with them?
salam,
so how long do you want this conflict to continue?if it is true that they oppress the ahlus sunnah in their place it was something wrong with them & not us,as a sunnah we can't do the 'same thing as them' ie to oppress shiah in our countries bcoz we are not the 'same' as them.although we're the bigger sect its nothing wrong if we could be the one who start to initiate for the unity of Islam.peace
wallahualam.

Status
Not open for further replies.