Brothers got attacked at city uni

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Wallahi bro my brothers were attacked n i cudnt do anything, but im still going to try and help them jus cudnt get a grip on them man they wer naturally scared but the brothers that got attacked were alone...the police bloody split us up...but the problem with us was that some of us didnt listen and obey the amir of city but inshaAllah their time will come

Kakorot

Salaam bro i'm one of the east london brothers that came over on the day the two brothers got stabbed i hope those brothers are ok but inshaAllah the muslims in this situation will win no matter what Allah has prescribed victory for those who believe so don't worry we will be back

wa'alaykum asalaam. yes so true just because this happened doesn't mean that no-one is going to go to the prayer room, infact inshaAllaah more will attend i hope. I hope u are ok brother and u didn't get affected by it. i myself am applying to city but since hearing this news i'm thinking of changing my mind. and because the days are short, it's more dangerous because it get's darker earlier so when ur leaving uni u should be with a huge group of ppl.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
alhamdulillah im ok bro if you wud tke my advise them i wud tell you to go ther inshaAllah ta'ala do not get worried by what they can do because wallahi by Allah no soul whether man or jinn can touch u and do anything unless its written for you,,, we don't want brothers to get discouraged in going to the university over in city

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wallahi bro my brothers were attacked n i cudnt do anything, but im still going to try and help them jus cudnt get a grip on them man they wer naturally scared but the brothers that got attacked were alone...the police bloody split us up...but the problem with us was that some of us didnt listen and obey the amir of city but inshaAllah their time will come

Yes i know, I don't think anymore people from outside will be allowed in the prayer room. Do you go City uni btw??
Also Channa is a sister...

As for what you said sister, its not really nice thing for women to go to university in this country anyways, nevertheless if your going then I strongly recommend you to go to a uni close by and a university that is in an area with majority muslims, and it is much safer for you. It is better to safeguard your honour by all the possible ways sister, so really you should reconsider your choices. However City ISoc is one of the best ma shaAllah. The ameer will be only there for this final year, so you cannot expect it to remain the same, but in shaAllah I hope it turns better and stronger than always. There is QM that has a very good ISoc too ma shaAllah. And if your coming from a girls sixth form/ school then you must remember there is way tooooo much fitnah in university, which is something I really would not recommend for anyone.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
As salamu 'alaikkum, I really recommend all of the brothers and sisters to listen to the khutbah given by the ameer of City university Isoc, in shaAllah. http://cityisoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/khutba-007-islam.wma

It is a very emotional and mind opening khutbah. Please keep making dua for the brothers and sisters. The brothers got severely injured on the head. The haters used bricks, poles, fireworks and knifes to fight the brothers. If any of you brothers want to really help the brothers in this university then please donate, as the this was the main goal they wanted to achieve even after having injured heads.

http://www.uwt.org/site/project_details.asp?id=215

Subhanallah, this is very heartbreaking to hear. I wanted to know are the thugs always there? Or was this a one time incident? Plus is the street were they where attacked an emply isolated street, because it seems like they used a variety of weapons and didn't even get caught. Weren't there any witnesses?? We've never seen anything like this where I live in the States and its very shocking to me. Be safe Londoners and always walk in a group and inshallah be alert and i'm making duas for the families.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
That definitely isn't the London i pictured. I thought people were merry and invited you to biscuit and tea, and were over all more hospitable than Americans. Its crazy what people would do to others just because, especially when they are young teens, truly sad situation. Aren't there harassment and battery/assult laws implemented or laws against hate crimes?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
That definitely isn't the London i pictured. I thought people were merry and invited you to biscuit and tea, and were over all more hospitable than Americans. Its crazy what people would do to others just because, especially when they are young teens, truly sad situation. Aren't there harassment and battery/assult laws implemented or laws against hate crimes?

As-salaamu `alaykum

Like I said, I'm shocked. I've lived and travelled over London my whole life. Incidents occur, but usually within the more outer zones of London, where ethnic minorities are few. But it's very odd that thugs from an inner city constituency would target Muslims specifically. I don't think I'm exaggerating in saying that the Muslims who profess Islaam in their dress and action, are safer in the more violent, inner areas of London, than the outer districts. Why, because we are hardly bothered in the aforementioned areas, whereas the further out we go, the more "bomber", "bin laden" and "ninja" we here.

Was-salaam

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As-salaamu `alaykum

Like I said, I'm shocked. I've lived and travelled over London my whole life. Incidents occur, but usually within the more outer zones of London, where ethnic minorities are few. But it's very odd that thugs from an inner city constituency would target Muslims specifically. I don't think I'm exaggerating in saying that the Muslims who profess Islaam in their dress and action, are safer in the more violent, inner areas of London, than the outer districts. Why, because we are hardly bothered in the aforementioned areas, whereas the further out we go, the more "bomber", "bin laden" and "ninja" we here.

Was-salaam

Something that is even more shocking is these brothers are the brothers who wear thobes, big beards etc, ma shaAllah and the reason they got attacked is because of their belief. The thugs were attacking the building where the prayer room was, and it is so apparent that this is an attack against the muslims themselves. And even the ameer was telling the brothers not to lose their "muslim" indentitiy as this is what distinguishes us from them, because some people might end up shaving their beards due to fear of these people.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Damn Channa is a sister AAAHHH!!! forgive me sister i didn't know...anyway that's true but the khutba of the ameer was sooo true and like he said we brothers are their protectors after Allah and by his will

Kakorot

I guess it's QadrAllaah. If Allaah wills for us to be harmed, then it will happen and if He wants to protect us then He will do that. QadrAllaahi wa maa shaa fa'alaa

May Allaah protect us

Kakorot

Yes i know, I don't think anymore people from outside will be allowed in the prayer room. Do you go City uni btw??
Also Channa is a sister...

As for what you said sister, its not really nice thing for women to go to university in this country anyways, nevertheless if your going then I strongly recommend you to go to a uni close by and a university that is in an area with majority muslims, and it is much safer for you. It is better to safeguard your honour by all the possible ways sister, so really you should reconsider your choices. However City ISoc is one of the best ma shaAllah. The ameer will be only there for this final year, so you cannot expect it to remain the same, but in shaAllah I hope it turns better and stronger than always. There is QM that has a very good ISoc too ma shaAllah. And if your coming from a girls sixth form/ school then you must remember there is way tooooo much fitnah in university, which is something I really would not recommend for anyone.

I would of went QM, some of my friends go there and they told how the Islamic society is so good, but QM don't do the subject I wish to do at uni. Oh yh and QM dnt have a prayer room, they have to pray jumu'ah outside, it's sad. Yes there is a lot of fitna in unis, I'm aware of some of my muslim sisters who have started to free mix openly with brothers and think that's it's absolutely ok when it's not. If you try to remind them then the reply u will get it "Yh but it's not like we are doing anything". When I go uni InshaAllaah I will stay away from the fitna.

Kakorot

They have CCTV here, so InshaAllaah maybe the police will investigate the situation. We got both good, helpful open-minded as well as ad ignorant hardcore racist ppl around here :)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:

Alhumdulillah, you hardly hear anything of this sort in Leicester. :) Like seriously, hardly. Especially in the area in which i live. Leicester is packed with Muslims, AND non muslims, but i like to think that we all get along well. Like my neighbours they're Christians and we never have any problems Alhumdulillah. :ma:

There is too much hate in this world man, :( So unfair.

May Allah help and protect us

Wassalaamu'alaykum!

Kakorot

Sorry I know I seem sad and obsessed with this incident but it's just that I don't live too far away from the area, literally and I go there all the time :(

Nwy heres an update:

RESS RELEASE

ATTENTION NEWSDESK – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: Sunday 8th November 2009

FOSIS Statement Regarding Attacks on Muslim Students at City University

The Federation of Student Islamic Societies (FOSIS) regrets to inform that over the past week Muslim students at City University (London) have been the target of a series of attacks culminating with three Muslims being stabbed on St. John Street in the immediate vicinity of the University after being surrounded by over 30 youths. Attacks earlier in the week left three students requiring hospitalisation for severe facial and head injuries as they were set upon by the gang shouting Islamophobic and racist abuse including statements like "Get those Muslims" and "Paki" being used repeatedly; they were subjected to a series of projectile missiles, including bricks, metal poles and sign posts.

The attacks have come amidst calls for the University to increase security and ensure student welfare on campus. The Student Union's response to the attacks has been both swift and fully supportive of both the Islamic Society and Muslim students. Interim security measures have been introduced by the University and the Metropolitan police who have understood the serious nature of these attacks.

FOSIS calls upon the University to provide assurances for the safety and welfare of all students on campus and request that such measures are maintained permanently, and in communication with the Islamic Society, key areas of concern be identified and addressed.

FOSIS would like to reassure all Muslim students that their safety and wellbeing on campus is of utmost concern and, while it is important to stress that this is an isolated incident, all necessary steps will be taken to ensure that campuses remain a safe and trouble free environment. Over the course of the next day guidance on issues relating to safety will be available at Leaving Facebook... | Facebook.

Finally, our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and we would like to extend our full support and assistance to them throughout this ordeal. May Allah, the Most High, let this be an expiation of their sins and a means for them to come closer to Him.

FOSIS :: FOSIS Statement Regarding Attacks on Muslim Students at City University

al-hakim

Salam

I have this experience in my country too.last month i was standing nearby my college & suddently i saw one brother(Bangladeshi foreign worker) being beated up by loan sharks(2 local indian & 2 local chinese) & i could't do anything although my country is an Islamic State(60% of the population) but because my college is situated nearby china town(not a muslim area) & if i try to help him probably i'm ended in hospital right now.and after that i'm felt very sorry to him because i couldn't help him.until today i still cannot forget about that incident.i always thinking that if that incident happens nearby my house i with the help of some of my friends will definitely 'send' those loan sharks to hospital.