Gang beats up Leicester student who came to aid of girl A student was beaten unconsc

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
:astag: these events are increasing , I hope ALlah (swt) protects us - ameen

Gang beats up Leicester student who came to aid of girl

A student was beaten unconscious by a gang of youths after he stepped in to protect a girl from being verbally abused.

The 18-year-old, from Stoneygate in Leicester, was walking back to a friend's house when he was attacked in Great Central Way, Bede Island, near De Montfort University, on Friday evening.

He believes he was the victim of a racist assault. The teenager suffered a broken nose, fractured cheek, bruised back, cuts to his mouth and a black eye during the ordeal, which also left his friend with bruises.

The Asian victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, said they came across a group of around 15 white men taunting a girl wearing a hijab, or scarf around her head.

He said: "There was a woman surrounded by a group of white lads.

"They were shouting abuse at her, they were saying she should take her scarf off and I just remember asking them to stop.

"I said 'leave her alone' and then it all disappears after that. The next thing I know my friend is standing above me trying to wake me up.

"I'm still in pain, my face is hurting and they kicked me many times in the head which has given me a permanent headache since it happened.

"I believe my nose is broken and half my face is swollen. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before."

The teenager's father said he was proud of his son for intervening, and was keen for people to help the police with their investigation.

The 45-year-old said: "This kind of thing has to stop.

"Leicester is a beautiful place to live in and this is a disgusting thing to take place.

"This has left my son devastated and in shock, he doesn't want to come out of his room.

"I'm very proud of him for helping this woman and thank goodness he is alive.

"He told me they said to him 'Where is Allah now?' as they kicked him in the head.

"From what they did to him, it was like they were going to murder him."

The victim, who studies computing at De Montfort University, was discharged from hospital over the weekend.

An 18-year-old friend, who is also a De Montfort student, said: "We have zero regrets because we did it for the right reasons. It's not like we went in to pick a fight and if we hadn't had done it the woman would have been injured.

"I was conscious during the attack and I could see them stamping on his face, and this was while I was being beaten up myself."

During the assault, an amount of cash and an iPod were also stolen.

The attack took place just outside the university's campus.

A spokesman for De Montfort University said: "We have given the police our CCTV footage and we are going through it with them at the moment."

A Leicestershire police spokeswoman said: "We are investigating this assault and we have arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the incident.

"He is currently on bail pending forensic inquiries."

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

astaghfirullah. those gang guys are just big time cowards. may Allah punish them. the law better do something about it and not let these cowards free. and sure those two boys were brave enough. gosh just saying leave her alone gets you that much beating, people are crazy. jazakAllah khayran for posting this.

FreedomFighter

It makes me feel embarrassed because i am white but im no trouble maker though and ive never been in a gang, most people hate those type who just make gangs that cause problems by playing games like Grand Theft Auto etc....

When i was in college last year, i was doing Psychology & Criminology, i written a topic on Muslims and discrimination and things to do with these sort of people who cause crime (such as gangs).

:D

you dont necessarily have to be white to be a trouble maker. trouble makers can come from different places.
we need more people like you who understand.

did you write things to do with these kind of people? do you mind sharing?

ansari

STRANGER...

HOW DARE THEY INJURED OUR BROTHER:mad:

may ALLAH grant our brother Jannat firdous- ameen

FreedomFighter

^yes that is right. it can ruin people's life as well, like if they get memory loss, that was mentioned in the other thread also. and some of these students come from far places to study, and they cant do much if these things happen to them unless they have support. and imagine, their families send them there to work or study but they are not aware what their children are going through. very sad.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

Tut tut, just when i was saying in my city this kind of things dont happen :(
Outside Uni as well! :gah:

JazakAllah khair for sharing.

Wassalaam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Allaikum brothers and sisters
SubhanaAllah.......it's really sad to know such things are happening to our brothers and sisters:(:(:(
May Allah help the believers wherever they are. Ameen
:(
This has something to do with Islaam been STRANGE..., people are usually scared of the unknown which makes them react in a violent way. I just wish many would give Islam a chance......:(:(:(

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: brothers and sisters.

this is so sad:(.may ALLAH reward our brothers very highly for their good actions.and may ALLAH give then strenght and shifa.ameen.:tti_sister:

those guys will know where is ALLAH soon enough:SMILY129:.they need not worry about it.shamless things:SMILY129:.no one is allowed to target anybody's religion for the reason of acting human.:(

:jazaak:for sharing this brother.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
I've given Islam a chance. I'm glad I have.

:D

AlhamduliAllah brother:D
All praises be to Allah the almighty the all wise. I am sure if many were as open minded as you are the world would be a better place. But sadly many are not:( I ask Allah to show them the truth and Beauty of Islam. Because people are not neccesarly bad.....they just don't know how to react with this " new" thing called Islam and at times violence seems the way out or to get red off what seems "a threat"
May Allah guide us all. Ameen:SMILY139:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Tut tut, just when i was saying in my city this kind of things dont happen :(
Outside Uni as well! :gah:

JazakAllah khair for sharing.

Wassalaam

It is better to be cautious, since it has taken place in the same city where you reside. It would be a good idea if the sisters in the city would be in the company of a male mahram while on the streets.

May Allah swt keep us all in his protection. Ameen.

hana*

thats so sad news, unfortunatley, the uk is becoming rife for racists. i read somewhere that 1 in 4 people in the uk openly admit to being racist. i dont think its only an issue of skin as i am white yet i have felt islamophobia from people on the sole basis of my wearing hijab. i wish people would get to know you before they judged you and acted so bitterly.
there is a demo in glasgow today against the bnp, so racisim is here and we cant deny it and we have to stand up for ourselves and be proud of who we are.
i think people feel threatened by islam, without necessarily knowing anything about the faith, except for heresay and the media. i wish people would get to know one another, God created us with different coloured skin, different faiths, dialects, cultures etc so that 'we may know each other'. what` a boring world it would be if we were all the same.

Hana

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

It is better to be cautious, since it has taken place in the same city where you reside. It would be a good idea if the sisters in the city would be in the company of a male mahram while on the streets.

May Allah swt keep us all in his protection. Ameen.

Salaam,

JazakAllah khair brother.

A male mahram? i have two body guards :D Talk about over protective brothers ;) Its cool though

JazakAllah khair still though for your concern for the sisters

Wassalaam

hana*

seriously, i never knew that, thats so sad. did you know that china has a very large muslim population, many of which are converts and the government harassed/harasses them based on their faith.

hana*

well you will be able to change youre familys thinking of islam and show them that we muslims are not terrorists or aiming to take over the world or degrade women, were just human. you can also let them know that islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and will surpass christianity due to conversion rate to islam. also for over 1400 years God set a challenge to mankind for us to find ONE error or ONE contradiction in the Quran and to this day, no contradiction or error has been found. furthermore, the Quran is entirely compatible with scientific findings of modern science, that in no way could a man living 1400 years ago know. we muslims are lucky in that there is only ONE version of the Quran, unlike christianity, numerous versions, i even saw a version called 'the bible for idiots!' the Quran is a complete guide to life and an answer to all mans questions.

hana*

what i find difficult to understand is how do christians believe that the bible is Gods word if it contains hundreds of contradictions, jehovas witness once posted an article entitled 50,000 errors in the bible, now does God err? I recommend you read the article 'the bible led me to islam' you can google it by matt le blanc, its a v powerful read

rightpath_357

:angryred:THAT is just disgusting! What morons! And picking on a girl- what nerve and cowardness! I think the police should arrest them. So many things scare girls from wearing the hijab. But not ALL white people r bad- duh. Just those type of idiots. I'm glad th guy intercepted- it was a good thing to do-i bet he'll get a reward 4 it. aBIG one- not from anyone- but from Allah:hearts:
:angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred: still- IDIOTS! i cant believe they did that!