Some sad news

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

You said in your initial post that the fetus was supposed to be around "12 weeks" ~90 days. This means that the fetus was aborted before it received a soul. The soul of the fetus is given on day 120. In this case, the fetus is to be simply buried. You do not give it a name or pray the funeral prayer for it. And the fetus will not be resurrected on Judgment Day. It is possible to have human body parts, without possessing a soul. This is because the body is formed first and then a soul is placed, if Allah (The Exalted) Desires. This is mentioned in the following Quranic verse:

“And verily we did create man from a quintessence (of clay). Then we placed him (as a drop of sperm) in a place of rest, firmly fixed. Then we made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood. Then of that clot we made a (foetus) lump. Then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh. Then we developed out of it another creature (by breathing life into it). So blessed be Allah, the most marvellous creator.” (Surah al-Mu’minun, 12/13/14).

If the fetus had gone past 120 days, then one must give it a name, wash the body in the Islamic manner for the dead, cover it in white cloth, and then bury the child in a Muslim cemetery and pray the Islamic funeral prayer. These are the conditions that have to be met for the body of a dead Muslim.

The souls of every human being that will ever live have already been created by Allah (The Exalted), when Adam (peace be upon him) was created, by extracting them from the backbone of Adam (peace be upon him). This is mentioned in the following hadith:

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:
…I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) say when he was questioned about it: “Allah created Adam, then passed His right hand over his back, and brought forth from it his offspring [i.e. their souls]…” [Dawud: Book 40: Hadith 4686]

The souls of mankind are kept in Heaven, before they are placed into bodies in this world. This is alluded to in the following hadith:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Souls are troops collected together and those who got along with each other (in the Heaven from whence they came) would have an affinity with one another (in this world); and those amongst them who opposed each other (in Heaven) would also be divergent (in the world).”
[Muslim no. 2638]

If the fetus dies after having received a soul, in that after 120 days in the womb, then it will enter Heaven and be taken care of by two Houris (maidens of Heaven). On Judgment Day, the child will be resurrected and returned to the mother, if she enters Heaven. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) lost on of his sons, named Ibrahim, and mentioned the following:

Aanas b. Malik reported:
I have never seen anyone more kind to one’s family than Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him)…Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Ibrahim is my son and he dies as a suckling babe. He has now two foster-mothers (i.e. Houris) who would complete his suckling period in Paradise.” [Muslim: Book 30: Hadith 5734]

Women who lose their fetus before 120 days, or their child after that time, should consider it as one of the trials of this life and not allow the Iblis (Satan) to sow any ungratefulness or anger into their hearts toward their Lord. The life of every human has been pre-determined. If they die as a Muslim, then they have hope of entering Heaven.

*It may be the case that if a woman entered Paradise, she may ask of Allah (The Glorified) to complete the creation of a lost fetus, in that one that died before 120 days and had not received a soul and therefore not resurrected. The people of Paradise may have what they desire:

“Adn Paradise (Gardens of Eternity) which they will enter, under which rivers flow, they will have therein all that they wish. Thus Allah rewards the Muttaqoon (the pious)” [16:31]

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner-selves desire”
[41:31]

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
inna lillahi wa inna ilyhi raji'on.sister i so sorry to hear about your baby.may ALLAH give you sabr-e-jameel.

but i have one thing to say the might lighten your day.your kid has become one of the birds of jannah.since he was pure and innocent.he'll ask ALLAH to send you to jannah so that he will be with you.so u got your ticket.don't get me wrong sister but CONGRATULATIONS.:hijabi:

P.S.i don't know any hadith regarding this if i'm wrong i accept correction with pleasure.:hijabi:

slave_of_Allah

Ya Ukhtii I am envious of your soul, for it is very close to Allah, because He gave you the chance to gain reward, and to beocme closer. I too wish i was being tested like this, so i can feel at ease knowing that I can beocme just a little closer to Allah.

I ask Allah to give you patience, and the strength to keep going.