What should I do with my Haram food

superbro

Brother of Islam
Asalamu alaikum

My mum went to shop and bought a pack of 6 yogurts. I read the ingrediants and found out it has gelatine in it. I am pretty sure gelatine comes from animals so im pretty sure its haram for muslims to consume.

So what do i do with it. Ive opened the pack so I cant return it.

I shouldnt give it to a disbeliver because thats like giving alcohol to a disbeliver if i had some which is wrong.

Can i just eat it and not buy it again.

I mean i can throw it away but is that permissable because thats like wasting food. Theres so many people starving and im just gonna chuck it in the bin. Doesnt feel right to me.

I am looking for an answer. Any Daleel would be excellent.

Walaikum Salam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wr wb

Hmm brother i usually just throw it out why would you feed haraam food to even non muslims and fill their stmach with fire, thats my view.

and i know similar mistakes happen :)

superbro

Brother of Islam
aslam o aliakum wr wb

Hmm brother i usually just throw it out why would you feed haraam food to even non muslims and fill their stmach with fire, thats my view.

and i know similar mistakes happen :)

Thats what said in my post.

But i feel bad for throwing it away.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Why do you feel abd brother? It's haraam so you cant eat it anyway. :)

Thats what we tend to do. If i buy something from the shops without checking the ingredients properly and later find out its haraam, i just bin it.

Sorry no daleel or anything of that sort. InshaAllah a brother/sister with more knowledge can help you out on this one.

Brother, can i ask what yogurt this was? I too am living in the UK but i don't know that some yogurts were haram :confused: *You ARE talking about fruit yogurts innit?* Na then lol sorry just realised how stupid that was to ask. ofcourse you're chatting about fruit yogurts. Sorry bro.

Wassalaam

rightpath_357

Awwww- don't feel bad bro. First- you prevented someone from eating HARAM food. Do you think- if they knew-that they'd WANT their stomach to burn in Hell???????:lol: Secondly, you DONT donate it- because thats GIVING someone fire to eat.What u did was the right thing.... :lol: be careful when u shop! actually- it's their fault 4 usng pig in so many things- lolz- they still eat SO much of it even when they have SWINEflu going around! very sad:lol:

superbro

Brother of Islam
Why do you feel abd brother? It's haraam so you cant eat it anyway. :)

Thats what we tend to do. If i buy something from the shops without checking the ingredients properly and later find out its haraam, i just bin it.

Sorry no daleel or anything of that sort. InshaAllah a brother/sister with more knowledge can help you out on this one.

Brother, can i ask what yogurt this was? I too am living in the UK but i don't know that some yogurts were haram :confused: *You ARE talking about fruit yogurts innit?*

Wassalaam

Its Muller light. The other mullers dont have it, how come this one got it.

I remember we where eating this other yogurt throughout Ramadan and found out at the end that it was haram.

Gelatine comes from cows as well

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
OH! Muller light! yeh thats haram akhii, We brought that just 2 weeks back the family sized pack as well :p

You ate it throughout Ramadhan? But you didn't know so thats ok. Just don't eat it again inshaAllah :)

You can continue eating Muller itself though. It's just as delicious. InshaAllah if you sacrifice this much for Allah's sake, you'll get better in return. You never know they might change recipes :D

Wassalaam

superbro

Brother of Islam
OH! Muller light! yeh thats haram akhii, We brought that just 2 weeks back the family sized pack as well :p

You ate it throughout Ramadhan? But you didn't know so thats ok. Just don't eat it again inshaAllah :)

You can continue eating Muller itself though. It's just as delicious. InshaAllah if you sacrifice this much for Allah's sake, you'll get better in return. You never know they might change recipes :D

Wassalaam

Shall i just throw it in the bin then..............(while millions starve in the world)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Shall i just throw it in the bin then..............(while millions starve in the world)
Gee.. it sounds bad when you put it like that. if i were you i would bin it. BUT, i think you should wait for a brother/sister with more knowledge *just incase*

sarahlou

I am sorry I don't really have the answer to this one, but I do have the same question as you. It makes me so annoyed and it seems like when I am shopping everything in the western countries is haram. I go to the grocery store and most of the simplest things are haram here. The thing that makes me annoyed is that it doesn't have to be this way. A lot of muslim countries have the same types of food we do, but not haram ingredients. SO if it can be made without it then why cant we have it to. Even if your not a muslim why would you want to eat yogurt with pig fat????? :SMILY309::SMILY309::SMILY309::SMILY309:
I am sorry for ranting on like this, but to me it doesn't make any sense.

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
i remember also reading online somewhere about a person that wanted to be come muslim but he also had a love for sausuage .

:D

Lol thats hilarious.

Shaykh: Do you want to become muslim?
Person:Yeah
Shaykh:Whats stopping you
Person:Sausages :(
Shaykh: ....................-.-

hana*

lol hahaha firstly the sausages was hilarious, there are halal sausages you know- both meat and chicken origin. there are so many halal alternatives and millions of yoghurts that do not contain gelatine - made from pigs skin - that in itself puts you right off it. sister sarah, i agree with you, but there still are many products that are free from gelatine we just need to keep a look out.

hana*

find what? halal sausages? how far is wigan from manchester? manchester is filled with halal stuff, if you manage to spot a halal butcher in wigan, they'll stock halal sausages. yoghurts- there are loads of yoghurts that dont contain gelatine. as for milk- full fat milk is allowed, it does not contain gelatine. believe me, islam is an easy religion, we make it hard for ourselves. ive never had any probs with finding things permissable to eat, if its something ive never tried, i just skim over the ingredients. plus everywhere i go i see halal resturants too.

hana*

dont worry, you will be rewarded by every struggle you take, actually you will be rewarded double the average! also it does say in the bible that pork is forbidden, yet they all eat it. yeah manchester will have loads of halal stuff, so do many places across uk, its just unfortunate that that isnt the case in wigan.

hana*

yeah, the recession is all due to interest, which is not allowed in islam. everything that is not allowed in islam is for a perfect reason and for mans best and this is an exaple of such

Sabra

Salaams Superbro,

Why not just give it to an animal? I always give any food that I might need to throw out to stray animals. Cats love yogurt. I hate to waste, around our house this is a big thing.

Salaams Sabra

DanyalSAC

Lol thats hilarious.

Shaykh: Do you want to become muslim?
Person:Yeah
Shaykh:Whats stopping you
Person:Sausages :(
Shaykh: ....................-.-

That's almost verbatim what happened with me. Before I converted to Islam I made a joke on Yahoo with a long time friend who was Muslim. I told him I would make a bad Muslim because I liked pork too much. He said "Don't let that stop you". So I didn't. I took shahadah and gave up pork not long after :)

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
First check to see what kind of gelatin, you can call the number on the back of the package if they have one and ask them if the gelatin is made from animals specifically pigs, and then if they do say it comes from pigs, i've heard that its not good to give it to a non-believer even though they do eat it. Because your not supposed to give people anything less than what you would want, and also you are increasing their bad deeds...but ask a scholar or local imam about this they should know.

beyonder

Awwww- don't feel bad bro. First- you prevented someone from eating HARAM food. Do you think- if they knew-that they'd WANT their stomach to burn in Hell???????:lol: Secondly, you DONT donate it- because thats GIVING someone fire to eat.What u did was the right thing.... :lol: be careful when u shop! actually- it's their fault 4 usng pig in so many things- lolz- they still eat SO much of it even when they have SWINEflu going around! very sad:lol:

and how many veggies have swine dung as fertilisers? in the USA the tomatos were infected this way with salmonella. pigs and the industry of pigs has caused this horrible world wide blight of the H1N1. H1N1 is from pigs and it is a fact. the pork industry tries to down play the scientific fact. supporting pork derived products is bad. frankly it would be nice to throw it at the business owners of the product if it in fact does contain pork product.

why should people have to eat a non-meat item only to have it contain meat products. these manufactures should be called out for their crimes. guilty by omission! they omit the source and origin of the ingredients and should expect to but made responsible for it.

in the USA the whole idea of something being halal is impossible. it can not be done, meat packing plants sell meat as halal that is not halal and is maybe kosher.

i personally do not try to even look. i just eat if i know it will contain haram i avoid it. like it or not one would starve if one in the USA only ate halal unless they lived in a major us city and could trust the owners of the markets. in one city shops spread rumors abotu eachother to get business and in effect people gave up and just do not pay any mind to the meat.