Do you know why it's forbidden ?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
الســــــلام عليكم و رحمــــــــة الله و بركاتــــــــــه

Kayf 7alakom ? InSha'a Allah ok :)

Since many threads in the forum are talking about " photography " and taking pictures for alive things .

I know many of you asking why it's forbidden in Islam ? alive pictures , statues .. etc ?

Do you know why ?

Certainly I know the answer , I know the reason and I have studied it at school , but I wanna also know if you know the reason or not .

Make sure when Allah forbids some thing , he forbids it for a reason ;)

I wanna hear your answers before telling you .

The microphone is for you now :hearts:

Fatima

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
yes, i think Allah swt is the creater and has full rights to create as He wants. we are nobody to make statues or photos!!
wasalam

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
yes, i think Allah swt is the creater and has full rights to create as He wants. we are nobody to make statues or photos!!
wasalam

That's okey .. but there are another reasons , u know ?

I'll help u :p

Who are the ppl whom were the first ones to worship another God with Allah ? I'm sure you know them .. read their story and then tell me the conclusion :)

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Wa'alykum Salaam sister,

To protect us because drawing pictures of living things can lead to shirk?

This was in the time of Noah (Alayhis salaam) that people used to sculpture statues of good people among them who had died. To remember them after they had gone, if you like. Here comes in our clever enemy shaytan. What happened was that after some generations satan came to those guys' grandsons or three/four generations down, and successfully convinced them that their fathers used to make statues to worship them, and not for nothing! Alas, they fell into his trap and started worshipping those objects they had made. It was the first time that someone else was worshiped along with Allah Subhan Watala (first time shirk happened).

Even it's highly unlikely, Islam forbid drawing etc. since it leads to haraam. To give an example, this is similar to why Muslim men aren't supposed to look at the non-mehram women because looking at them can lead to far bigger sins, Naudhbillah. Islam's basic rule is any path which can lead to haram, cut it. Subhan Allah. May Allah bless the Prophet :saw:, he taught us to live like human.

Sister Fatima, please rephrase this sentence. It can be easily misunderstood:
"Make sure when Allah forbids some thing , he forbids it for a reason"
I think you tried to say make sure you know the reason/logic behind it?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa'alykum Salaam sister,

To protect us because drawing pictures of living things can lead to shirk?

This was in the time of Noah (Alayhis salaam) that people used to sculpture statues of good people among them who had died. To remember them after they had gone, if you like. Here comes in our clever enemy shaytan. What happened was that after some generations satan came to those guys' grandsons or three/four generations down, and successfully convinced them that their fathers used to make statues to worship them, and not for nothing! Alas, they fell into his trap and started worshipping those objects they had made. It was the first time that someone else was worshiped along with Allah Subhan Watala (first time shirk happened).

Even it's highly unlikely, Islam forbid drawing etc. since it leads to haraam. To give an example, this is similar to why Muslim men aren't supposed to look at the non-mehram women because looking at them can lead to far bigger sins, Naudhbillah. Islam's basic rule is any path which can lead to haram, cut it. Subhan Allah. May Allah bless the Prophet :saw:, he taught us to live like human.

Sister Fatima, please rephrase this sentence. It can be easily misunderstood:
"Make sure when Allah forbids some thing , he forbids it for a reason"
I think you tried to say make sure you know the reason/logic behind it?

Yes , you are right
Excellent answer my brother Ma sha'a Allah :)

about my sentence , is there any mistake ? I meant " when Allah forbids something , he does that for a reason , he doesn't do that without a reason , for example pork is forbidden bcz it's UNhealthy and it has many harms "

You got me ? Perhaps my English is very bad ? :(

BinKhadija

An Akhu
about my sentence , is there any mistake ? I meant " when Allah forbids something , he does that for a reason , he doesn't do that without a reason , for example pork is forbidden bcz it's UNhealthy and it has many harms "

You got me ? Perhaps my English is very bad ? :(
The only thing I see wrong in it is you said "make sure". We don't need to make From the example of pork I'm sure you meant we should try to learn the logic in Islam's rulings (it's helpful in explaining them to non-Muslims too). I can see the reason why it's not right, but don't seem to be able to put in words. Maybe someone else will be able to help us, Insha'Allah. :)

Your English is fine, sister. It's better than mine! Don't worry. (Always space for improvement though.)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Salaam ukhti fatima, well, brother BinKhadija took my answer but i remember my old teacher saying something about how Allah will ask his servants who use to take pictures to bring them to live and since non other than him can do that, it's haraam!
now, can you share what you had in mind please?

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Salaam ukhti fatima, well, brother BinKhadija took my answer but i remember my old teacher saying something about how Allah will ask his servants who use to take pictures to bring them to live and since non other than him can do that, it's haraam!
My mother told me that when I was a kid, Alhamdulillah. We only use pics etc. when necessary e.g. for passport or driving licence and other such docs.

May Allah help us worship him the way he would like us to.

I'm better than you ?? :eek:
You made me happy loool

I'll tell my English teacher about that , I'm sure she won't believe me :tongue:
She won't? Print this page/that post and show it to her then? :p

I'm not a native English speaker and so learning it myself. My speaking English is weaker than written.
Wa'salaam

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

و عليكِ السلام
amm yes she said right , but that's forbidden for several reasons .
Tomorrow In Sha'a Allah I'll write it , I'm sooooo sleepy now but won't sleep .. waiting Fajr prayer .

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamu Alaikom ,

Here is my answer , actaully it's very long but I tried to write it in short .

In addition to what brother BinKhadeja mentioned , status and photography living things are forbidden for :

1- To protect the Monotheism , polytheism appeared the first time on the earth bcauase the statues for the 5 men " you can read their story in prophet Noh's folk story " .
First they made them to remember them , then they worshiped them !

2- It makes the person " statue maker " egocentric , he'll think he became a creator ! he'll think himself could create a thing from nothing ! I read a story for a person made a statue , it was very beautiful , he used to stand in fron of it and stare on it , one day he said : TALK , TALK you can talk , he thought he could create an alive thing .

The creator is one , he is Allah .. and ego , being snob and arrogance isn't allowed in Islam ;)

3- Some statues makers , make statues for naked women and such as things , the good Moslim doesn't accept like these things .

4- Angels do not enter a house in which there are statues , bcz the person who put them is doing like Kafirs - Kuffar - and it's not allowed .

This is in short

about me I always think Jinn is live inside statues , so I afreid them :tongue:

Fatima

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamu Alaikom ,

In addition to what brother BinKhadeja mentioned , status and photography living things are forbidden for :

1- To protect the Monotheism , polytheism appeared the first time on the earth bcauase the statues for the 5 men " you can read their story in prophet Noh's folk story " .

2- It makes the person " statue maker " egocentric , he'll think he became a creator ! he'll think himself could create a thing from nothing ! I read a story for a person made a statue , it was very beautiful , he used to stand in fron of it and stare on it , one day he said : TALK , TALK you can talk , he thought he could create an alive thing .

The creator is one , he is Allah .. and ego , being snob and arrogance isn't allowed in Islam ;)

3- Some statues makers , make statues for naked women and such as things , the good Moslim doesn't accept like these things .

4- Angels do not enter a house in which there are statues , bcz the person who put them is doing like Kafirs - Kuffar - and it's not allowed .

This is in short

Fatima

:salam2:,

jazaak Allah khairan for information.

but dont agree that jinns live in statues. never heard of that also. :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu Alaikom ,

This is in short

Fatima
mashallah you did a great job explaining it.:hijabi: jazakallah khaira ukhti.

one thing i want to share.i heard of this man who used to have a friend.everyday before starting his day he'd meet this guy,discuss his problems and share his joys.the guy soon died.this man felt very lonely after that.so he made his statue and consoled himself by talking to it.after his death his children thinking it was god did the same.and it carried on like that for generations.so the statue became a god when it was made for purposes other then worship.

boakiba

The focus of the prohibition on image making is images of animate beings, whether they are sculpted or drawn on walls or fabric or paper, or they are woven, and whether they are drawn with a quill or pen or made with a machine, and whether the image is of the creature as it naturally appears or whether imagination comes into play and it is made smaller or larger, or made beautiful or distorted, or the skeleton inside is shown in the picture.

The reason for the prohibition is that what is represented is animate beings, even if they are imaginary images such as those that are drawn to represent ancient peoples such as the pharaohs and commanders and soldiers during the Crusades, or images of Jesus and Mary that are placed in churches, etc. This is because of the general meaning of the texts and because of the imitation of the creation of Allaah, and because it is a means that leads to shirk.

From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/479.