Why Islam ?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamu Alaikom ,

I know there is a thread about members stories and how they converted to Islam .

But here I don't want a story , I want a reason

I want to collect the Vulnerabilities in other religions .

I and the others whom working on Da'wah will benefit it a lots !

If you were a Christian , a Jew or a Hindu .. etc , please say what things in those religions which made you don't agree with .

As well as the athiests , why you refuse the athiesm ? How could you believe in God ?

I will really appreciate your answers .

About me I born as Moslim and my society is 100 % Moslims so I love Islam and I don't have any doubts toward it al7amdulillah .

You ?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I don't think this approach is best for da`wa.

But it can help ;)

how can a person convert to other religion if he didn't see a vulnerability in his previous religion ?

I'm sure it will help a lots !

I know that Moslims actions is important to make people love Islam

Mashkour khayo :)

BrotherKhalid

Salam 'alaikum,

Although we are all born Muslims, I was raised Catholic, and later I formally converted to Buddhism before Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala in His Infinate Mercy and Love offered the Truth to me.

As a child I went to Catholic School, and by the time I was a teenager I had found things about Catholic Christianity that did not make sense to me. I used to ask questions like "if God is omnipotent, why must He come to earth in the person of Jesus, and then sacrifice Himself so that our sins can be forgiven? Wouldn't it make more sense for God to forigve the sins of those who cry out to Him in sincere regret and sorrow for their sins?" That question in particular I asked to a well-known priest who told me it was a "Holy Mystery" and that "there are some things you must accept without question, otherwise you don't have faith." I also asked, again concerning the omnopotence of God, why He should divide Himself (as in the Trinity) in order for believers to better connect with Him? Or why we had to drink wine representing the supposed blood of Christ and eat wafers representing the body of Christ in order to "keep our souls full of the Holy Spirit?" It just made no sense at all, especially when priests would be confirming that God is indeed omnipotent and then at the same time would introduce such silly dogmas and contradictions like the need for Christ to "die on the cross" for us to be "saved."

Eventually I just got sick of trying to find the answers to these questions and decided there must be some serious flaws in the doctrines of Christianity and I should remove myself from it.

By this time I had begun to develop some of my own beliefs based on what I considered to be logic and just "what makes sense." Due to already having an interest in things East Asian, I ended up learning about Buddhism, which seemed great to me (except for the fact that Buddhists are either atheistic or they deify the Buddha). I kept to myself the belief in the God of Christianity without accepting anything else of Christianity and decided to take on Buddhism as my religion.

After two years of practicing Buddhism, I had learned that in order for me to call myself "a true Buddhist" I would have to stop believing in God and either accept that there is no god or that Buddha himself was a god (even though I had read direct quotes from him saying that he refused to be deified and had even objected to people making images of him, saying always that he was only a man, and had no more power than any other human). As I began to see the flaws in Buddhism, I first looked into other schools of Buddhism, and then decided the doctrine of Buddhism is itself, like Christianity, flawed.

Although I tried, I could not accept atheism because it just made sense to me that there must be a Creator for everything that exists. Everything in the world (in nature as they say) just seems to work so well and be so precise. It made no sense to me that it was all just chance or coincidence. I had to find something that, like Buddhism, promoted equality of all people, wisdom over war, real peace among humanity and nature, and yet was centred around the same God Who I refused to believe did not exist.

I took another look at Christianity, this time not to practice, but to study. I saw that there were some truths within the religion, and that some of it made sense. However I concluded that Jesus could not have been more than a man, and my study of the Bible only confirmed this, since he never said he was more than "a servant of the Chrildren of Isreal" or "the Son of Man." The idea that he had to be God because he was called the son of God was also refuted since God had called other people His "son" at various times throughout the Bible, and I concluded we are all "children of God" and thus Jesus must be no more "the same substance as God" as any other human.

I began praying to God to show me the Truth, and promised I would accept it no matter what it was called or what I had to do. I knew that if God would send me the Truth, I would never have to do anything I already believed was wrong, and so there was no fear or anxiety in making such a promise.

Mere days after my prayer I went to a Multicultural Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia, since I had for years been interested in other cultures. I found myself standing in front of a booth called "Islam: The Religion of True Peace."

And the rest, I will save for a future thread should I be asked to continue my story. I would imagine anyone could guess as to what happened next, alhamdulillah. :)

Wa salam.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa alaikom assalam

Bother Khalid

What a long journey to search the truth !
Al7amdulillah he guided you to Islam

I know about Christiany and their belief , it seems really strange to me . And yeah how can a person become a GOD ? many Christians whom converted to Islam said that they converted becuase the Christianity cannot answer their questions about the Creator .

I donno much about Buddaism , but I think they worship a status called Budda .

Al7amdulillah for being a Muoslim !! I really enjoyed reading your story ..
what is the completion of it ? it seems really interesting .

Thanks for passing !

BrotherKhalid

Al7amdulillah for being a Muoslim !! I really enjoyed reading your story ..
what is the completion of it ? it seems really interesting .

Insha Allah I will soon post a new thread completing my story of how I came to accept Islam when I have enough time to write it out.

I will say however that I have learned that a person does not accept Islam once and then continue with their life. As Islam is an active and complete way of life, to practice Islam is to accept it every day, with every action, with every intention. Every time we do something for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, we are accepting Islam. Every time we take refuge in Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and ask Him to protect us, we are accepting the Religion that He offered to us all.

I find Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala continues to call us to Islam, years after we declared the Shahada for the first time, and it is always up to us to answer.

I humbly ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to soften the heart of every Muslim with the Miracle of the Holy Qur'an and the beautiful life of our Prophet, salla Allahu 'alaihi wa salam, and make us all Mu'mineen, so that our Ummah may be reunited and strengthened with a bond of Love, Compassion and the Worship of the One and Only God, al Rabbil 'alameen. Ameen.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Insha Allah I will soon post a new thread completing my story of how I came to accept Islam when I have enough time to write it out.

I will say however that I have learned that a person does not accept Islam once and then continue with their life. As Islam is an active and complete way of life, to practice Islam is to accept it every day, with every action, with every intention. Every time we do something for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, we are accepting Islam. Every time we take refuge in Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and ask Him to protect us, we are accepting the Religion that He offered to us all.

I find Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala continues to call us to Islam, years after we declared the Shahada for the first time, and it is always up to us to answer.

I humbly ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to soften the heart of every Muslim with the Miracle of the Holy Qur'an and the beautiful life of our Prophet, salla Allahu 'alaihi wa salam, and make us all Mu'mineen, so that our Ummah may be reunited and strengthened with a bond of Love, Compassion and the Worship of the One and Only God, al Rabbil 'alameen. Ameen.

I saw it , I'm really thankful !!
Thank you so much my brother

May Allah keep you on the right path Islam :)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Wa Alaykum Assalam sister KSA

1st of all Alhamdulillah for Blessing of islaam..

2nd if i'm not Be Mulsim i want Be Muslim

you know why?...that's why islam?

<wasalam>

Maha*

I don't think this approach is best for da`wa. Knowing the vulnerabilities of other religions may be useful for one's own faith, but using it for da`wa is not a good technique as it will naturally evoke the defense mechanisms and egos of people. I have been guilty of that myself in my interfaith dialogues and found that they don't do much good. Religion is regarded by most people as tradition, heritage, private.

Besides, what attracts people to Islam is often non-intellectual. I recall one woman saying that she was very curious about Islam and went to a mosque and stood outside as the prayer was called. She watched it till the end and then thought it was "the most beautiful thing she ever saw!"

That is why one good deed is better than a hundred good sermons. That is why the conduct of Muslims has been the number one factor in converting people in the past and always will be.

I agree with brother ayman on this. Sister, I have done this before; I studied about the religion of the person I was giving dawah to, was talking most of the time about her religion 'why this why that' and of course she doesn't have an answer especially since they are told not to question certain issues in their religion, she got mad because of that and she left all very mad at me. I lost my chance, because I didn't focus on 'Islam' but on getting her to doubt her religion. Very wrong, I have regretted it ever since, but elhamdulela I have learned and now I only focus about beautiful Islam. You can study about the vulnerabilities in other religions, just to know what's the difference between it and Islam so you can have a subject to talk about and so you can only mention Islam's point of view on this subject without discussing the other religion's view and why it doesn't make sense. When you only mention Islam, they will directly understand it in their minds as Islam makes sense. At least this is my advise to you, but at the end of the day, you are free to do as you wish. :)

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I agree with brother ayman on this. Sister, I have done this before; I studied about the religion of the person I was giving dawah to, was talking most of the time about her religion 'why this why that' and of course she doesn't have an answer especially since they are told not to question certain issues in their religion, she got mad because of that and she left all very mad at me. I lost my chance, because I didn't focus on 'Islam' but on getting her to doubt her religion. Very wrong, I have regretted it ever since, but elhamdulela I have learned and now I only focus about beautiful Islam. You can study about the vulnerabilities in other religions, just to know what's the difference between it and Islam so you can have a subject to talk about and so you can only mention Islam's point of view on this subject without discussing the other religion's view and why it doesn't make sense. When you only mention Islam, they will directly understand it in their minds as Islam makes sense. At least this is my advise to you, but at the end of the day, you are free to do as you wish. :)

Thanks honey . I didn't realize that before .. I thought this way of thinking is right ?

Thank you 3la al nasee7ah :)