American converts

surgtek

Hi, My name is Laurie and I am on the verge of converting to Islam, but would really like to chat with some American sisters. I feel like my situation is a little unique here in the southern part of the USA, in that I don't know a single Muslim female that lives near me. I don't have any idea how to go about finding a Mosque so I can meet others and what the proper custom is when I do find one. I'm curious about how other sisters have handled being in a minority situation. Things like wearing the hijab around here make me a little nervous. I could really use a little guidance and support...anyone? By the way, this website has truly been a blessing to me. Thank you.

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:salam2:
Welcome to TTI sweet sis:D I dont know many american converts but one here is "AmeliaJohnson". Maybe you can contact her:)
Hope u benefit from here:D

walikumsalam!

icadams

As-salamu Alaykum wa-Rahmatullahi wa-Barakatuhu Sister,

Might I suggest that it would truly be worth your time to visit one of the masjids in your part of the state, such as The Islamic Society of Central Florida. Even though it might be a bit of a drive, it would truly be worth your time to arrange a visit, there or elsewhere, and spend some time visiting and meeting with the sisters and the Imam there. If you call the mosque and speak to someone there, explain your situation, they can arrange a good visit with people to talk to.

There is also a mosque north of you in Daytona, in addition there is one in Sanford and several in Orlando. Unfortunately, I do not know these mosques personally, I live on the other coast, so you might want to visit their websites and see if one looks right for you. Insa'Allah, you will find what you are looking for.

ShyHijabi

I am an American convert from the deep south. I basically went to Islamicfinder.com and looked up local mosques by zip code. I accidentally went to a Nation of Islam mosque...woops (they are a cult not really Muslims) but other than that I was able to find the correct place quickly.

I would recommend you call some local mosques and ask them if you cna speak to a sister to ask questions. They are usually very kind and open to helping answer any questions. I would be more than happy to help you out and you can PM me any questions. I am not in the south presently but was a white, hjab wearing convert for some time down there. :)

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

WELCOME SISTER,

mashallah....
you have found thetruth and you have found Allah...
islam is like a the airport gate -a man looking from far who has never beeen through this kind of gate may wonder what is beyond it----then many fall into misinformation that people give-but manyjust keep looking on -on how to enter it.

the fact is that some people like u once in a while come closer and as they come closer lo the gate itself opens for them !!!!

as i said you have found Allah --the caretaker of what He created....and He will surely Guide you to your flight to paradise.

welcome onboard .

we are waiting for the good news.

please remember that this is a crucial time and you must be trying to get every detail right -but like i said just relax and trust Allah .

because trust is what faith is and faith is what make one muslim.
the conversion of the heart :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19764252/free-download-Quran-here

shichemlydia

salam..

salam alikoum sister,
welcome to islam, congratulations for finding the right path may allah swt keep you on it until the end.
you will find the sisters here helpfull so do not hesitate to ask any question, so they will help you inchae allah.
wa salam alikoum